Thai PM orders strict surveillance of entertainment venues on their first day of reopening in many areas

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

ordered strict surveillance of entertainment venues including soapy massage parlors,

Wonder where that job is advertised?

Can you volunteer as a farang, similar to the wanna be cops?

Edited by sungod

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

On the first of opening was a Wednesday... Probably not so many visitors in the middle of the week and only on first day... so problems solved already now.. no surveillances anymore

Ratchaphisek/Rama IX, busy AF.  And for anyone curious, the mask rule is only in the common areas.  

3 hours ago, Smoothsailing1 said:

I'm sorry for the business owners. I wouldn't return until they have a clean sweep of people making these duff decisions.

You won't be back then.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

They will have a chance at the ballot box, hope the vote wisely.

The Joke of the Week thread is over there ---->

• Sad 1

For sure the cops are busy trying to get their tea money. A venue I know was visited by a plain clothes ”officer" many days ago and offered anything up to 3 hours beyond the official closing time! And at least one venue in town is already paying a reputed 200 000 baht per month, which needs one heck of a lot of cold quot yai extra sales to cover that cost. It will be many moons before there are enough customers allowed into a bar to make it profitable. The current restrictions and added costs are making it marginal right now. Which is all part of the plan to starve the nightlife industry out of existence.

I've visited a few clubs before these restrictions were lifted, and I visited a few last night, just to see the difference.

No difference.

All of these temporary 'restaurants' did last night what they were doing a month ago, and what they were doing before Covid, save for some bars had women in cocktail dresses.

Given that yesterday was no different, the PM should be pleased, as whatever restrictions bars were supposed to follow before 1 June are still being followed, which is to say none whatsoever (except the bars with cocktail dresses).

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Basically he means 'OK boys, go and do your brown envelope rounds',

Need a scorecard to distinguish the assorted mafia types - official or unofficial.

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The landslide vote against him will be hard to rig.

Oh how many weeks did last count take until the desired result was achieved?? Then the Senate is a "non-partisan legislative chamber," composed of 250 members.

All 250 Senators are appointed by the Royal Thai Military. Wikipedia,

so what chance for a real election result ??  My italics

24 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh how many weeks did last count take until the desired result was achieved?? Then the Senate is a "non-partisan legislative chamber," composed of 250 members.

All 250 Senators are appointed by the Royal Thai Military. Wikipedia,

so what chance for a real election result ??  My italics

250 hand picked senators Versus 70 million seriously peed off Thais who want change.

you do the maths.