Beef buffet restaurant mocks new PDPA law with highly censored pictures

webfact

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Aren't you the poster that regularly posts photos of other people ?

Usually photos of females wearing just their underwear .

You seem to want your own privacy, but don't mind invading other peoples privacy by posting their photo  without asking their permission 

Are you serious?

All those pictures which I publish here I re-publish. They are already on the internet. I don't add new pictures of people to the internet.

Sometimes I add pictures of food which I made myself - without any people.

And sometimes I make pictures of pretty girls with not so many clothes. I ask them if they allow that and I don't publish any of them anywhere. They are my private "memories" - like those old fashioned pictures many of us had many years ago.

16 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Did anyone notice in the picture , bottom right , chap can't let go of his phone while eating , phone more important .

He's looking at a YouTube video showing him how to use a spoon ????????

6 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

I've never heard of a US business bring a lawsuit against a patron for posting a negative review. 

But how many such lawsuits are made?  A handful at most - a fraction of the slip and fall suits of our motherland.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

But how many such lawsuits are made?  A handful at most - a fraction of the slip and fall suits of our motherland.

Enough that Thai media sources, including aseannow.com, are so terrified of the prospect of being on the receiving end of one that they refuse to name suspects in news stories. 

And while slip and fall suits and ambulance chaser lawyers are proliferous in the US, injured persons receiving compensation is more justifiable than protecting the reputation of a business that caused harm to clients. 

I remember when the elevator in a high rise hotel in Pattaya failed, presumably due lack of maintenance, and fell seven stories with passengers on board. The story was widely reported but not one media source dared mention the name of the hotel. In the US lawyers probably would have worked to get excessive compensation of the victims, while the Thai system worked to protect the corporate owners from bad publicity. In this particular case the US system would have been more fair.

This type of law was introduced to the EU several years ago and caused a heck of a problem as factories in the EU were not allowed to send any information to head office in Thailand about our own employees. Worse, it doesn't seem to have stopped spam mail. 

To be clear, I agree that this is a step towards ending the abuse of personal information but don't be surprised if it doesn't work out the way the Thai government thought it would.

23 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Did anyone notice in the picture , bottom right , chap can't let go of his phone while eating , phone more important .

I took my wife to the hospital the other day to have her phone removed from her hand doctor said not possible