tourist visa online application

I applied online for tourist visa  from LA .  The visa application still asking for ticket , 100k insurance, ASQ .  and I did not submit these document but I paid the 40$ .    any idea if I must have air ticket, insurance and ASQ  for getting a tourist visa now ?

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

I applied online for tourist visa  from LA .  The visa application still asking for ticket , 100k insurance, ASQ .  and I did not submit these document but I paid the 40$ .    any idea if I must have air ticket, insurance and ASQ  for getting a tourist visa now ?

Tourist visa does not ask for 100K insurance and ASQ (whatever that is). It only asks for a ticket to thailand. Just wait for a week and see if you get approved or not. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

1 hour ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

The visa application still asking for ticket , 100k insurance, ASQ .  and I did not submit these document but I paid the 40$ .    any idea if I must have air ticket, insurance and ASQ  for getting a tourist visa now ?

Those are the requirements for a Special Tourist Visa" STV.

A single entry tourist visa does not require proof of medical or covid 19 insurance.

OP is right tourist visa does ask for all those things he listed.

I have a pending application with Los Angeles right now.

I dont think they charge your card unless they give you approved Visa.

I dont think leaving things blank is the answer. Write a note ASQ not need you idiots....hahaha.

1 hour ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

That is probably an error on the e visa website.

The do not appear to have any visa info on the LA consulate website.

See this page on the DC embassy website, https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

The system asks some questions only applicable to METV. You must still upload an answer (or I did) just write down on paper 'Not applicable for a Single Entry Tourist Visa' (if that is the Visa you applying for) take a pic of this & upload save as a jpeg, there is a couple other questions where you can do this also (few threads on here about it in last few weeks so use search) If no answer they may reject application and you lose your $$ 

I know it sound silly to have to do this but Hey LOS

I was approved for an online 6 month METV earlier this week and there was no requirement for airline tickets. I did have to provide details of general health insurance for US$100k but not covid insurance, but I will need a separate US$10k covid insurance for the Thailand Pass application. Also I did not have to provide any payment until after the online visa application is approved and I send in my passport. This was in Australia so I don't know if the situation is different in the USA.

Edited by Dexxter

3 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

I was approved for an online 6 month METV earlier this week and there was no requirement for airline tickets. Also I did not have to provide any payment until after the online visa application is approved and I send in my passport. This was in Australia so I don't know if the situation is different in the USA.

In the US is done completely on the e visa website. No need to send your passport to the embassy or official consulate. You get a stickerless visa sent to you by email. 

• Like 1

In the US they will charge you as soon as you apply. It's not after it is approved or something else. I checked my credit card the next day and the charge was pending in my credit card (all charges are spending for a few days in my credit cards and for some large amount of charges they  SMS me to verify it). 

On 6/3/2022 at 1:11 PM, Marky Mark Mark said:

I dont think they charge your card unless they give you approved Visa.

I dont think leaving things blank is the answer. Write a note ASQ not need you idiots....hahaha.

As Joe mentioned only certain types of visa have these requirements. You may have accidentally selected the wrong visa type at the begining of the application 

Edited by Dan O

Got a reply from Los Angeles.

They do want proof of flight in and out.  See Below

We are reviewing your Thai visa application. Please provide a copy of your itinerary showing flight information (flight number, dates, etc.) for flights from the U.S. to Thailand and the flight out of Thailand. Also, upload a legible copy of the signed Declaration form and a copy of your state ID for Hawaii or other HI residence document. You can e-mail the missing document(s) to [email protected] with subject heading ***ADD Doc For _ and ***

Edited by Marky Mark Mark

5 hours ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

my return date is not fixed  . any idea how I manage to get a ticket 

You could get a temporary onward ticket online for about $12. Do a search for onward ticket and you will find several sites offering them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

yes. I got the same . asking me tickets in and out of thailand . 

my return date is not fixed  . any idea how I manage to get a ticket 

Buy a roundtrip on Expedia.   They give you 24 hours to cancel.    Print confirmation........  Then cancel baby.......................hahahaha.   Worked for me.

They have to know Tourist Visa people dont know exact days when fly.  Got to be just to make it hard on us.

PS.  I did same same with hotel accomodations.  Expedia i bought 2 week stay at $5.00 a night hostel.   That seemed to work-no questions asked.

Edited by Marky Mark Mark

so what is the usually Validity Date for a US 60 Tourist visa? is there a choice?

if one intended to do a 30 day extension @ ChaengWattana  is one supposed to technically buy 90 days of insurance for the Thailand Pass, if it even continues till the fall.  and/or for the 1st 60 days? and then buy a 30 day insurance extension while in country?

I'd like to buy a ticket for the Fall , but kind of a 'chicken & egg'  as to how the pandemic is going to do IMO ...

1 hour ago, chubby said:

so what is the usually Validity Date for a US 60 Tourist visa? is there a choice?

if one intended to do a 30 day extension @ ChaengWattana  is one supposed to technically buy 90 days of insurance for the Thailand Pass, if it even continues till the fall.  and/or for the 1st 60 days? and then buy a 30 day insurance extension while in country?

I'd like to buy a ticket for the Fall , but kind of a 'chicken & egg'  as to how the pandemic is going to do IMO ...

Buy a 30 day coved 10k covid insurance for your tourist visa.

Ás for your 30 day extension insurance is not required..

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

Buy a roundtrip on Expedia.   They give you 24 hours to cancel.    Print confirmation........  Then cancel baby.......................hahahaha.   Worked for me.

They have to know Tourist Visa people dont know exact days when fly.  Got to be just to make it hard on us.

PS.  I did same same with hotel accomodations.  Expedia i bought 2 week stay at $5.00 a night hostel.   That seemed to work-no questions asked.

You had to buy with credit card.Do you know how long you have to wait for money to go back in your account ?

On 6/9/2022 at 2:24 PM, ubonjoe said:

You could get a temporary onward ticket online for about $12. Do a search for onward ticket and you will find several sites offering them.

Some airlines like JAL and PAL allow free changes in itineraries. If yours does, just book any date and change it later. Note that you should check the fares for return flights or you could get caught having to top up.

8 hours ago, Hmunker said:

You had to buy with credit card.Do you know how long you have to wait for money to go back in your account ?

Since when you order it goes into pending status and you cancel within 24 hours i dont think the charge makes to the point where they have to refund.  

• Like 1