How long is a Thailand Pass valid ?

1 hour ago, Baron Samedi said:

Thank you very much for your help TVC ????

Btw who are you? The name that you've chosen seems to be business oriented. What do you do exactly? Visa runs or things like that? Just curious ????

My god, I'm such a dumbass...

It's written in the signature ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

You can do it a a few weeks out. I did mine on 29th May for a flight on 17th June. I got my QR code approval the next day although they quote 48hrs. It is now valid 1 week before your submitted arrival date and 7 days after. So mine is available for use 10-24th June with a 17th June arrival date.

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

My ThaiPass is valid 1 week before and 1 week after your arrival date......

I too have a pass for later this month and the printout I made when I received it also shows +/-7 days from my arrival date.  However, the process now gives +3 days, -0 days as mentioned by TVC above and these time periods come up when I scan mine now.

If you scan your QR Codes you will see yours has probably been updated similarily.  This probably won't be a problem unless you change your planned travel dates and some jobsworth scans it somewhere and goes by what shows up.  If you have changed dates by enough you might want to re-apply for a new pass.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

I did mine on 29th May for a flight on 17th June. I got my QR code approval the next day although they quote 48hrs. It is now valid 1 week before your submitted arrival date and 7 days after. So mine is available for use 10-24th June with a 17th June arrival date.

This makes perfect sense, able to follow logic no worries...thankyou.....????????

10 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It is valid for arriving within 72 hours of the original arrival date now.

Approval is within 48 hours, so you can submit 3 days before your flight, or up to 60 days before your arrival date.

This is just plain confusing.........????????

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It is valid for arriving within 72 hours of the original arrival date now.

Approval is within 48 hours, so you can submit 3 days before your flight, or up to 60 days before your arrival date.

Total nonsesne.

image.png.f07dccd8baa3da4cc9e0f29a85284e66.png

11 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

You can do it a a few weeks out. I did mine on 29th May for a flight on 17th June. I got my QR code approval the next day although they quote 48hrs. It is now valid 1 week before your submitted arrival date and 7 days after. So mine is available for use 10-24th June with a 17th June arrival date.

I suggest you do early in case they refuse or want more information and you have to resubmit anything.

I also did it in May, with your same arrival date. As you say, it was issued with 10-24 June validity.

BUT, given the various reports, today I scanned the QR code and, surprise surprise, the validity is now 17-20 June [0,+3 days]. I suggest you check also yours.

I find it weird that they change this (why oh why?) but especially borderline criminal that they don't inform us explicitly. Had I not checked, I might have happily decided to land say 4 days later than planned and find out that my TP was not valid. What then?! They would have refused me entry??

They should at the very least send an email to all 2-weeks validity TP holders to inform them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. It has been changed since you got a Thailand pass.

Correct, but as I just posted the change is not obvious at all for those who already got their TP before.

I suggest that you (or Sheryl?) kindly create a thread to warn at least the readers of this forum to check the actual validity from the QR code and not trust the TP as issued.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davjensteph said:

Hi,i got my thai pass,,QR code by e.mail.

Do i print it off and scan the QR,or is that done when i enter thailand.thanx

Print it out to show at flight check in and on arrival in Thailand.

Both check in staff and Thai airport staff on arrival  will scan it.

Highly advisable that you scan it yourself just to make sure it says Approved. Rarely, problems occur and you don't want to find out about it only at check in. Any app that scans QR codes will work, I sue the Line app myself (go to add a contact, click on QR, aim, then click o nthe link that shows)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Now I'm wondering how long the pass is valid for.

I did mine a few hours ago.

It is valid for 3 days from stated day of arrival and took about 20 minutes for approval, they state approval within 2 hours.

9 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Total nonsesne.

image.png.f07dccd8baa3da4cc9e0f29a85284e66.png

This has changed in June, it's no longer like this.

So it is not nonsense, it is the reality of the current situation, we are back to 3 days.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, davjensteph said:

It's advisable to also have a printed version just incase, as airlines may ask for it as well.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I also did it in May, with your same arrival date. As you say, it was issued with 10-24 June validity.

BUT, given the various reports, today I scanned the QR code and, surprise surprise, the validity is now 17-20 June [0,+3 days]. I suggest you check also yours.

I find it weird that they change this (why oh why?) but especially borderline criminal that they don't inform us explicitly. Had I not checked, I might have happily decided to land say 4 days later than planned and find out that my TP was not valid. What then?! They would have refused me entry??

They should at the very least send an email to all 2-weeks validity TP holders to inform them.

I agree they should have sent emails out to those who were issued Thailand Passes before June 1st, and have validity after June 1st.

This could cause travelers many issues.

7 hours ago, davjensteph said:

Best to print it out - it makes it easier at the airport check-in

I thought I had yesterday but obviously not so I showed the electronic version from the e-mail and they scanned that on check-in at Singapore - also on arrival at Bangkok.

Both times they just wanted to check the Thai pass - as this also contains the insurance details

Edited by SatEng

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

What shows up when you scan is what applies, not (if different) what was printed on the Pass.

I don't think i've ever had any of my Thai Passes scanned upon arrival but i might be wrong, it's all a blur passing thru airport.

Just now, PJ71 said:

I don't think i've ever had any of my Thai Passes scanned upon arrival but i might be wrong, it's all a blur passing thru airport.

They definitely do scan them when you arrive in Thailand.

So usually do the airline check in staff.

17 hours ago, treetops said:

I too have a pass for later this month and the printout I made when I received it also shows +/-7 days from my arrival date.  However, the process now gives +3 days, -0 days as mentioned by TVC above and these time periods come up when I scan mine now.

If you scan your QR Codes you will see yours has probably been updated similarily.  This probably won't be a problem unless you change your planned travel dates and some jobsworth scans it somewhere and goes by what shows up.  If you have changed dates by enough you might want to re-apply for a new pass.

Yes correct, just scanned it again, pass now valid on the arrival date ( 6 days away ) and 3 days past arrival.....thanks.