Bangkok celebrates first ‘Pride Month’ with newly elected governor

webfact

image.jpeg

Bangkok saw its first official Pride parade yesterday (Sunday), to celebrate gender diversity and to advocate for gender equality.

Thousands of LGBTQ+ community members joined the festive “Bangkok Naruemit Pride Parade” on Silom Road, many of them dressed in rainbow-themed costumes and waving rainbow flags to celebrate the occasion.

Many LGBTQ+ activists also joined the march and took theopportunity to demand basic rights for the LGBTQ+ community, such as same-sex marriage, an end to sexual harassment and the decriminalisation of sex workers.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-celebrates-first-pride-month-with-newly-elected-governor/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

LGBTQIA+ is an inclusive term that includes people of all genders and sexualities, such as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex, asexual, pansexual, and allies.

I like them all.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, proton said:
  1. LGBTQIAN, how many more letters will get added and what does the QIAN bit stand for?

Thanks, I was going to write ask the same question.

Maybe at some stage someone should add M and F to that list to include those people who still think they are just Male or Female. You know, it should be all inclusive.

And for everybody who wants to learn more I can highly recommend this documentary:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Yup. To be really inclusive they need an M for mongers who are currently marginalized by society and made to feel looked down on.

Now they know how the Rohingas feel.

I actually happened to be at that parade; it was quite entertaining. They had a few cool vintage cars.

But there was a segment of the parade with some of them dressed inappropriately for public (you could distinctly see penis through the stockings cos they were that tight, thin, and see through) 

And they were carrying signs saying, "Sex Work Is Work" -- which I thought was a bit tasteless, considering there were families there with children (I mean it was broad daylight on a main road).

Most segments of the parade were some form of protest though (about marriage laws n adoption, stuff like that), so not exactly joyful.

There was one segment of the parade with angry ladyboys aggressively telling the spectators, "My body is my choice".

And another part was full of signs telling the spectators about their children, example "Don't assume your child is straight" 

Anyway, it's their parade.

I was hoping to see some joyful gay celebration, but much of it was just a protest about laws, and also quite a bit of X-rated-ness. And of course, bringing " your kids" into the equation.

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2009 said:

A whole month.

That's pushing it a bit, eh?

Even the birth of christ only gets a day. Lol.

They couldn't have just gone with Pride Day or Pride Week?

How about a minute of silence for all of them? ???? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 2009 said:

And another part was full of signs telling the spectators about their children, example "Don't assume your child is straight" 

Anyway, it's their parade.

Personally I think it concerns all of us when they bring children into it.

Maybe it is just my YouTube feed but recently I see enough strange videos and also news about crazy regulations for little kids. Like they talk in the school with young children if they don't want to be something different than just male of female. And it seems those woke activist are not happy if a kid is not interested in all of that. Like: here, look, you could be non-binary and everybody has to call you they, come on, take it, you know you want it...

• Like 1