Thai Expats celebrate Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in style

webfact

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh no.....  this ones an utter dog whistle for the anti-establishment inclined iconoclasts..... ????

Dumbed down?

Could've never seen that coming.

????????

18 minutes ago, Excel said:

And the whole 4 day UK event was a damning example that millions of pounds can be wasted to invite those to take part who are generally wealthy whilst the poor in places such as Luton, Preston, Manchester etc etc whom are more concerned as to how they were going to pay for food for their kids rather than a glorified pi*****p for those borne with a silver spoon in their mouths. Utterly sick and and yet another disgraceful example as to how human beings look down on the poor 

I don't think that people received invites to attend the celebrations , they just went of their own accord .

Did you enjoy the celebrations whilst watching on television from afar ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

HM Ambassadors and High Commissioners representing the UK around the world have nominated seventy of their favourite recipes to a special ‘Platinum Jubilee Cookbook’ celebrating British food and drink products.

Must have found it rather difficult to get a cook book full of 70 pages of British food .

Page 63 : Deep fried mars bars and home made Irn-Bru

• Haha 2

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was replying to a poster who was speaking about the whole UK event, rather than the events in Thailand 

I commented on the UK farce not the Thailand BS by the British Embassy wasting UK taxpayers money in Thailand

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You were lucky that you were in Thailand and not in the U.K and you avoided it all .

It was a four day holiday week-end , they has street partys , live concerts and people being happy and celebrating and smiling and enjoying themselves , it was terrible to watch others being happy 

How do you know were I was  or currently am ? As for people being happy then I suspect that some in psychiatric hospitals are happy and they may well have not watched that façade of blatant entitlement.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Do we see any other people from any other country make such big celebrations in a foreign country for the royal family in the country they chose to leave? No, and it´s a reason for that. It´s called common sense.

Their contributions to the local community were welcome I bet

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The British Club also held a big party at their club and a Jubilee knees up was well attended at the Robin Hood pub in Pattaya too.

Expats and their Thai partners entered into the spirit of the occasion and helped raise a lot of money for local children’s charities too.

Meanwhile many expats based in Thailand held their own parties and next weekend the party continues with a massive garden party at the Retreat Bowls Club in Pattaya.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Excel said:

How do you know were I was  or currently am ? As for people being happy then I suspect that some in psychiatric hospitals are happy and they may well have not watched that façade of blatant entitlement.

Did you attend any parties ?

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Cobblers.

Are you donating any of your income to the quote " poor in places such as Luton, Preston, Manchester etc etc whom are more concerned as to how they were going to pay for food for their kids rather than a glorified pi*****p for those borne with a silver spoon in their mouths"?

From the bits and pieces that I have seen have spent their own time and money to having a great time both up in London, Cardiff, Edinborough, Belfast and the many thousands of street parties for children all over the UK.

It happens once every 70 years that a monarch is on the throne and this is the first one in the world. I know that there will never be another one in my lifetime (I am 78) and I am not sure if many people in the world will be alive to see another.

Well I am 2 years younger than you and I sincerely hope that there will never ever be such a waste of tax payers money such as this to please the wealthy ever again. @BritManToo too had exactly the correct response to it all when he said the Russians and the French got it right.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

It is confusing, isn't it? After all, "Thai expats" actually means Thais living in other countries. But then this is another Michael Bridge column.

That was exactly what I thought when I read the headline.  Seems today English is a dying language, or people in general are just getting really dumb. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps because this was the first time ever a ruling monarch has ever been on the throne for 70 years.

Just because I honour and respect the Queen does NOT mean that I left because she was the Queen.

I left the UK because of working internationally. At best from 1992 until 2009 I spent perhaps 2  or 3 weeks a year in the UK on average.

Fantastic! UK have broken a record. Let´s have a party and tell everyone about it. ???? That´s the essence of an importance hubris.

Never said it was because "you" (read anybody) left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1