Great easy Hummus recipe if anyone interested (recipe below video link)

50 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

We both know that to be palpably untrue; you are simply backtracking because you cannot substantiate the insults you threw at me.

And, we are also still waiting to see your Hummus recipe ¯\_()_/¯

Edited by Kenny202

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

We both know that to be palpably untrue; you are simply backtracking because you cannot substantiate the insults you threw at me.

And, we are also still waiting to see your Hummus recipe ¯\_()_/¯

The comment if yours that I quoted only had one question. Go back and look.

That is the question I answered with my comment.

Simple English and logic.

Please and thank you.

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Please and thank you.

You did not answer any question, you just rudely said to me:

“Your palate is clearly lacking. Your culinary knowledge also”

You have not explained or justified that rude comment, and although you have asked more than one person on here to post their recipe for Hummus, you have failed to post your own, despite being asked …… double standards methinks.

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2022 at 5:21 AM, youreavinalaff said:

Please and thank you.

So, unable to reply to my last comment in a civilised or constructive manner, I see that you have taken the intellectual route of leaving a laughing emoji instead; well done indeed for that, I hope deciding on such an edifying response wasn't too exhausting for you.

And despite numerous requests, you still haven't posted your recipe for Hummus ... I wonder why 

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

So, unable to reply to my last comment in a civilised or constructive manner, I see that you have taken the intellectual route of leaving a laughing emoji instead; well done indeed for that, I hope deciding on such an edifying response wasn't too exhausting for you.

And despite numerous requests, you still haven't posted your recipe for Hummus ... I wonder why 

I am guessing he decided he wouldn't enter into a battle of wits with someone fighting unarmed.....Why don't you get over yourself? People normally come on here and share ideas with a view to helping each other. You have just continually hijacked a thread with your ridiculous opinions. What are your credentials? A Lebanese guy in a fruit market gave you a recipe 30 years ago lol? And they are just opinions. Food is subjective to peoples tastes and flavors. And before you start dissing the recipe have a look at the guy in the video, one of the most respected chefs in the world. You seem to have appointed yourself the doyen of hummus lol. Making ridiculous comments like Tahini is too hard to make. Do you think Mediterranean / peasant people just order it online for $10-20? Your tag name says it all "Eloquent Pilgrim" lol. I guess you think that gives you an intellectual touch? Same goes for the ridiculous tagline about dogs 5555. What did you say you did? Sold fruit and veg in a market? Obviously reinvented yourself in Thailand eh?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I am guessing he decided he wouldn't enter into a battle of wits with someone

Too much guessing methinks, and now you feel you can answer on behalf of somebody else.

I posted a very polite comment to you, saying I was sure it was a great and tasty recipe, but that I didn’t think it was Hummus per se, because it did not include tahini, and did include tabasco.

However, rather than reply to that polite comment, you post a rude, aggressive tirade of personal insults to me, earlier today.

I think you need to get over yourself, wind your neck in, and stop being so rude.

And then to top it all off, I discovered that you have been looking at my personal profile …… ha ha ha ha ha. What are you like, how remarkably sad is that ??

29 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Too much guessing methinks, and now you feel you can answer on behalf of somebody else.

I posted a very polite comment to you, saying I was sure it was a great and tasty recipe, but that I didn’t think it was Hummus per se, because it did not include tahini, and did include tabasco.

However, rather than reply to that polite comment, you post a rude, aggressive tirade of personal insults to me, earlier today.

I think you need to get over yourself, wind your neck in, and stop being so rude.

And then to top it all off, I discovered that you have been looking at my personal profile …… ha ha ha ha ha. What are you like, how remarkably sad is that ??

I think the wording of this topic should very changed from " Hummus" to " Humorous".

19 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Wow, talk about hijacking a thread about hummus! Did you get a good night's sleep last night?

On 6/8/2022 at 10:25 AM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Unfortunately, it is not a reasonable recipe, well certainly not for Hummus ....... no Tahini, no Hummus 

Since Tahini is made mostly from sesame seeds, which are widely available here, what is the issue? Food is such an improvisational art. So what if it is a bit different? You just tweak the recipe to your taste. 

Edited by spidermike007

This is what i used to do, bit dated on the cost !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dried chickpeas soak over night 
cook for 1.5 hours or till soft (use 1/3 of 500 gram dried pack )

105 baht makro
6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
7 Tahini tbs (roasted sesame Japanese dressing 95 baht lotus 
small bottle) 
2.5 tbs fresh lime juice or 2 tbs lemon from bottle is ok
4 cloves of garlic
1/8 of a cup water/ 
1 tsp salt
1 tsp  of ground cumin
Mix in blender. add more water if not soft

a pinch of paprika for garnish put in fridge 

Edited by Orinoco

This is what I use for a hot hummus:

2 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and thoroughly rinsed
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp cumin seeds
4 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp tahini (I make my own Tahini)
6 tbsp thick, creamy yoghurt
2-3 tbsp pine nuts
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp pul biber (Aleppo pepper) or finely chopped dried chillies
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

It is much easier to make hummus with an electric blender than with a pestle and mortar — you’ll get a smoother consistency. So whizz together the chickpeas, garlic, cumin seeds, olive oil and lemon juice to a thick paste. Add the tahini and continue to whizz until the mixture is really thick and smooth. Add the yoghurt and whizz once more until you have a loose, creamy texture.   Once well mixed, put in an overproof dish.

Roast the pine nuts in a small pan until they begin to brown and emit a nutty aroma. Add the butter and stir until it melts. Stir in the pul biber and spoon the spiced butter and pine nuts over the hummus. Pop the dish into the oven for about 25 min, until the hummus has risen a little and most of the butter has been absorbed.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:34 AM, pagallim said:

This is what I use for a hot hummus:

2 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and thoroughly rinsed
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp cumin seeds
4 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp tahini (I make my own Tahini)
6 tbsp thick, creamy yoghurt
2-3 tbsp pine nuts
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp pul biber (Aleppo pepper) or finely chopped dried chillies