Money in bank

Hi folks,

A quick question.

My ex is next month due her 3rd extension of stay.

She is on a "non-immigrant O", guardian visa.

She has 500k in her bank which she never lets drop below the threshold. 

A few days ago, she told me that end of last year, she opened a new savings account with the same bank and transferred 500k into this account.
She has 2 bankbooks. The old one which always showed a higher balance then the 500k and now the new one with the balance of 500k +

What are the implications with immigration when renewing her non immigrant O?

Regards,

I assume she has a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a child attending a school.

She will need to show both bank books to prove the 500k baht has been in the bank for 90 days.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I assume she has a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a child attending a school.

She will need to show both bank books to prove the 500k baht has been in the bank for 90 days.

Perfect.

Yes, our daughter attends private school and her mom is the guardian on a non-immigrant O.

500 k and never dropped below.
She moved those 500k end of last year from current account to savings account.
Holds 2 bankbooks and I verified, never dropped below 500k

Cheers Ubon

1 hour ago, Tom H said:

banks statements of one year needed as proof

That is not required for the type of extension she is applying for. That is only needed for extensions based upon retirement.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

You mean retirement.

Only some offices require bank statements for extensions based on retirement if using money in the bank method.

Copies of bankbook pages is sufficient.

Using income method the io would require bank statements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Only some offices require bank statements for extensions based on retirement if using money in the bank method.

Copies of bankbook pages is sufficient.

Using income method the io would require bank statements.

Do you know Bangkok (CW) requirement?  Got impression everyone wanted statements with the new 800/400 requirements but have not tracked posts.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you know Bangkok (CW) requirement?  Got impression everyone wanted statements with the new 800/400 requirements but have not tracked posts.

Personally have never been asked for bank statements at CW when obtaining extension based on retirement using money in the bank method.

Also many reports of the same.

There are folk that have been asked to provide statements when their account has consolidated transactions.

I always suggest that if folk are using money in bank method (any imm office) to have a designated bank account for immigration purposes and separate account for day to day banking. 

• Like 1