Man passes away after being hit by a motorbike rider while crossing the road in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Bang Lamung, Chonburi — A man was hit by a motorbike rider and died while crossing the road in Pattaya yesterday evening.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Chaihan Pimchan, Investigation Inspector at the Pattaya Police Station, responded to a fatal road accident just after dusk yesterday, June 8th, on South Pattaya Rd, Nong Prue subdistrict, Chonburi.

The male victim Kritidet Kaewwongwan (age not provided) was found dead on the road with a serious head injury in the midst of surrounding bystanders.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/09/man-passes-away-after-being-hit-by-a-motorbike-rider-while-crossing-the-road-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

People should definitely observe how Thai's cross the road.  Self Preservation should be top

importance.  Accountability to making sure you are seen by drivers and riders is next, do not assume

that someone sees you.  Making sure you are fit enough to get across the road without impeding traffic is also a concern. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently the circ 19yo motorbike rider overtook a vehicle without checking properly, that happens constantly here

Yes completely reckless riding is the norm but when their parents have been no responsible role models then it is not surprising. Of course many Thai parents are responsible and teach their kids accordingly but they are in the minority unfortunately so as a consequence very many youngsters just behave like  irresponsible and dangerous louts on a motorcycle. Now lets see what the punishment will be for accidently killing someone, a Wai 500 baht fine perhaps . Shame they do not have community service here as not only would it be some form of punishment it may also provide an insight for this youngster into how and not how to behave and perhaps put him in good stead for later in life.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, NE1 said:

Bike riders way of thinking is , vehicles stopped in front must be just a hold up , I can pass through no problem.

But the truck did not stop.

The pedestrian stopped on the crossing because the truck didn't.

The bike was overtaking a moving vehicle.

"The victim then stopped in the middle of the road to allow a pickup truck to pass before him when a motorbike overtook the truck and collided with him,"

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I must admit I had difficult times crossing both second Rd and third last time I was out in town......even Soi Lengkhee and Buakhao have their dangers.

It is like a real life game of frogger, even here in Bangkok when your in a crosswalk/Zebra Crossing and you have the green walk signal.....Outside of the zones is definitely challenging here.  RIP to the poor individual whose family will now be one less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J Branche said:

People should definitely observe how Thai's cross the road.  Self Preservation should be top

importance.  Accountability to making sure you are seen by drivers and riders is next, do not assume

that someone sees you.  Making sure you are fit enough to get across the road without impeding traffic is also a 

Reading the incident report it was a Thai person who was killed, so that advice probably not the best. ????

• Like 2

FWIW, my car has been rear ended by a motorcycle whose driver was texting while driving, and I was broadsided by a motorcycle that was passing a line of traffic and he failed to see my turn signal and my right hand turn and he slammed right into the side of my car. That's not to mention a slew of near misses at other times. Motorcycles do add to the excitement of driving here!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sezze said:

Checking properly?  I mean that's even 1 category higher then just checking .... no way hahaha .

Traffic is dangerous in  Thailand , you just can try to do it yourself , and after you did check properly , check again , and then try 1st attempt while checking everything again .

check left right left right left right head on a swivel while crossing any road here

• Like 2

Crosswalk!  There is a reason they are painted Horizontal. Watch most Thais halfway they turn their backs!  

As noted you slowly but surely cross straight across looking left and right constantly! 

Whenever in town although in shape When crossing any major Soi,  I walk if I'm handicap bad hip, leg,  they always stop hitting a old handicapp person no matter how many temples you pray at it isn't going to help ????

I do this at the same time keeping an eye on both sides preparing myself to cloths line the mother the mother <deleted> if needed. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol. Maj. Gen. Chaihan Pimchan, Investigation Inspector at the Pattaya Police Station, responded to a fatal road accident

Got to be impressed by the personal involvement of senior police officers in routine traffic incidents.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, J Branche said:

People should definitely observe how Thai's cross the road. 

erm.. not sure what you mean...    its mainly Thai’s that are getting hit when crossing the road. 

Self Preservation should be top importance.  Accountability to making sure you are seen by drivers and riders is next, do not assume that someone sees you. 

Common sense - agree.

Making sure you are fit enough to get across the road without impeding traffic is also a concern. 

Fit ??? you mean wheelchair users should be prevented from crossing the street ?

Anyone, should have the right to cross the road, fit or not...  and old person with a zimmer frame etc has an equal right to cross the road without risk of danger as anyone else. 

• Thanks 1

What is that supposed to mean????  This guy got hit crossing the road exactly like Thais do: walk out and stand on the center line in heavy traffic.Thats suicidal Hoss. Most ridiculous advice ever heard of. 

12 minutes ago, Dionigi said:

I wish someone would proof read these before posting. I think they may have been hit by a motorcycle as being hit by a motorcycle rider

Send your complaint/criticism/wishes to the Pattaya News, not Thaivisa.  I wish moaners would read the articles properly before posting.

Seems to be quite common. Something like this happened to me years ago too; looked left, looked right, ready to cross Second Road, when suddenly, from an alley, a motorbike came speeding towards me... Ran right into me, but, fortunately, no-one got hurt. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

99.9 of Thais and from my observation many foreigners in Pattaya. 

Over and Undertaking is illegal when done 200 M?  From an intersection. 

The few police I've encounter in accident as a witness had no clue nor my cop renter and his drinking buddies,  my Thai neighbor who runs the largest driving school has no clue. 

Personal I do it all the times myself on my bike with one stipulation slow down and do it with caution.  When traffic is slow or stopped there is a reason!  Even in accidents when it was clear what had happened all they care is the person OK,  you say anything as to why get ready to rumble! 

I've seen 3 death due to this violations in 10 years

• Like 1