Beware of Shopee. Scammers operating via the company!

Thorix

The headline says it all.

I have just purchased an article from Shopee Thailand. I received a totally different product. When I contacted Shope to send back this article and get a refund, they came up with loads of BS and petty excuses. They basically turned all responsibility on the customer (me) and suggested me to fill out a search warrant for the seller at the police station (which comes with a cost), in order for them to do some investigation into this issue. Apparently, they can't find the link between the sender and the seller, which is total BS because nobody can send a product that matches my address and exact price without having the information the company has about my order. Therefore, they have a mole, a hacker, or some m-phuker working at the company who is conveniently sharing the loot with who knows. Otherwise, it is hard to understand how this mishap could have ever happened.

I never had a problem with online shopping in Thailand before. Every time I had a problem, either Shopee or Lazada solved it in no time. However, it seems that they have changed their policies, or that some untruthful employees there are playing their little games, having some henchman at the customer's service department and working along with scammers to get away with their goals.

Just be warned that Shopee Thailand has changed the rules of the game, and every victim of a scam through their platform seems to be abandoned to their luck now, and now we have to deal with the delivery company, the police, and some corrupted but sweet mouthed customer's service scampresentative at Shopee ourselves.

I have just lost 300 baht. Let's call it a nuisance. But the trust I have lost, they will never get back. 

Fortunately, we still have Lazada.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

"I never had a problem with online shopping in Thailand before. Every time I had a problem, either Shopee or Lazada solved it in no time."

So what is it? You never had a problem or you had problems several times?

A problem is only a problem when its not solved. I mean when you get a bad product and you get a refund then its not a problem. It can happen its part of normal business. 

Now if you get a bad product and nothing is done then its a problem.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

A problem is only a problem when its not solved. I mean when you get a bad product and you get a refund then its not a problem. It can happen its part of normal business. 

Now if you get a bad product and nothing is done then its a problem.

No, it is a problem to start with. That it will be solved at the end is nice but doesn't disqualify it as a problem. It makes it a solved problem. More info here: ITIL - Wikipedia

Edited by FritsSikkink

I never buy stuff of shopee or lazada unless it's from their official verified stores and rarely do unless I can't get it in person or is just more convenient to buy online.

The quality of the goods on those sites are horrible

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

always pay on delivery, problem solved

You can't do that, Nor Shoppe or Lazada will allow that, 100% of the time you pay as you order and there is no provision to pay on delivery,, having said that, among the 10's of thousands of sellers on those shopping portals there will be and there are a fair share of scammers and shonkers and not not you can do about it..

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

You can't do that, Nor Shoppe or Lazada will allow that, 100% of the time you pay as you order and there is no provision to pay on delivery,, having said that, among the 10's of thousands of sellers on those shopping portals there will be and there are a fair share of scammers and shonkers and not not you can do about it..

I can pay on delivery on both most of the time.

• Like 2

Just be careful who you buy from. I stick to the main stores with plenty of 4/5 star comments. If it's some dodgy chinese named store with no comments then avoid, especially if the price seems too low. There seems to be many of these on Shopee.

40 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I make one or two purchases on Shopee a week and always have the goods delivered COD.

Never payed online.

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

No, it is a problem to start with. That it will be solved at the end is nice but doesn't disqualify it as a problem. It makes it a solved problem. More info here: ITIL - Wikipedia

For most normal people it does, Im sure you made errors in your work. It happens when they are dealt with properly its not a real problem (unless it happens a lot) Even ITIL does not strive for 0% problems. That just does not happen in the real world.

10 hours ago, Thorix said:

I have just lost 300 baht.

An entire thread on 300 baht?  It's not like every seller is the same.   One scammer on eBay doesn't mean I write a thread on eBay.  There have been scams going on since the beginning of time, I hope people know that.   learn, move on.

Don't worry about the small stuff.   Under 10,000 baht, small.   In Western lives, under 60,000 baht (conversion) is small.   Remember, rent in LOS is like $4 USD a year and noodle soup 5 baht!!!  good with the bad....

If I worried about every 300 baht I might have lost.....well.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

An entire thread on 300 baht?  It's not like every seller is the same.   One scammer on eBay doesn't mean I write a thread on eBay.  There have been scams going on since the beginning of time, I hope people know that.   learn, move on.

and that's exactly why I believe this is a paid thread sponsored by Lazada.

I'm too lazy to scroll through my posts to find the ones where I described the online shopping platforms in detail but in short:

- Aliexpress: simply a pile of <deleted> - do not use;

- Lazada: was good few years ago, but became the same pile of <deleted> after Alibaba holding purchased this platform. Use only if you have to (i.e. if the goods you're looking for are not available on Shopee);

- Shopee: quite good so far.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, dj230 said:

I never buy stuff of shopee or lazada unless it's from their official verified stores and rarely do unless I can't get it in person or is just more convenient to buy online.

The quality of the goods on those sites are horrible

Please......Out of 100s and 100s of orders from loads of sellers I have only had a tiny few problems....I think with 99.7% successful orders....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Please......Out of 100s and 100s of orders from loads of sellers I have only had a tiny few problems....I think with 99.7% successful orders....

what do you usually order off shopee? Nothing I’ve bought from shopee has been of decent quality like you’d get from say Walmart or Amazon overseas, but the item works. 

for example a garbage bin was dented, doesn’t make a difference to me as it still works but it gives you an idea of the quality of the goods from shopee. 

Interesting how many people don't even understand how platforms like Shopee, Lazada etc. work.

There are thousands of sellers on these platform, and the platform itself is mostly just like an escrow service. (They also sell some stuff by themself, but most of the products are sold by third parties)

You pay the money to the platform, the seller ships the item to you, if you confirm that you received the item they release the money to the seller. If there is a problem you just apply for a refund and provide some evidence. The few times that I had a problem I always got my money back.

Why doesn't OP just apply for a refund through the Shopee?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:
13 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

always pay on delivery, problem solved

You can't do that, Nor Shoppe or Lazada will allow that, 100% of the time you pay as you order and there is no provision to pay on delivery

Absolute <deleted>. I have always, many dozens of times. paid COD and have never, never paid up front. How can you claim such nonsense?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If someone from Shopee sees this thread, which is accusing them of many things, we might soon see OP at a police station, facing a defamation lawsuit.

can they read english .......  Lol

• Haha 2