Confusion still as Thailand gets to grips with marijuana law changes - Thais flood 10M baht Buriram event

webfact

Level of impairment with THC is difficult to measure. Alcohol impairment levels have been validate by various health agencies 

Overview: Blood concentrations of THC and its metabolites are not sufficient to prove impairment. Testimony about additional signs of impairment is necessary to prove impairment.

https://www.ncids.org/2021/marijuana-impairment-faq/

• Like 2

This will be the biggest mistake Thailand has made so far, they have opened a can of worms that will see in years to come more road carnage, violence, murders, rape and corruption. Just exactly how are they going to police the strengh of every cannabis plant growing in every second backyard.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, aussienam said:

I am sure that the Thai police will end up following other guidelines and legislation already in place for drug driving.  This usually involved a roadside saliva test and then if positive an impairment test (like a sobriety test) and the sample sent off to a lab for checking levels of THC and/or other drugs in their system.  It would probably also be used alongside usual alcohol testing too.  

Here is a link from an Australian law site as an example of legislation and procedures in place in Victoria.  I am guessing it won't be long before we have something similar here in Thailand. 

https://sherlawyers.com.au/everything-you-need-to-know-roadside-drug-testing-vic/ 

1. Canabis is not legal in Victoria therefore your link is not relevant.

• Sad 2

It will not attract many tourists, and certainly not the type of well heeled tourists they keep droning on and on about. The first thing they need to do is take the muddle out of the conversation and clarify a number of things. Why such a low THC amount for oils, concentrates, edibles, etc? And why is smoking outdoors still a punishable offense?

Get your act together guys, and have a dialogue with the RTP, who are going to be losing an enormously profitable franchise, busting innocents for pot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Most perplexing event i ever herd of, millions of Thais are getting those free plant not entirely sure what and what NOT they can do with it while the police is all over the place warning them not to use then nefariously of the'll end up in jail...

Not really, saw a news report yesterday that said the police are handing back 16 tons of weed theyd confiscated if the preivious owners wanted it. Which begs the question, why wasn't it destroyed? Perhaps they just can't find enough volunteers to open ganja stalls and sell it all for them?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Flink said:

Not really, saw a news report yesterday that said the police are handing back 16 tons of weed theyd confiscated if the preivious owners wanted it. Which begs the question, why wasn't it destroyed? Perhaps they just can't find enough volunteers to open ganja stalls and sell it all for them?

It's kept as evidence until after the court case 6-12 months wait generally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WinterGael said:

Most Thais I know like this as they cook with the plants.  They don't seem interested in smoking it, which is just as well because, honestly, Thai pot does not get you high.

As I've stated on here before, the obvious direction for growth is the medicinal market.  That's where the money is.

Thai pot doesn't get you high ?????   are you another one who has never smoked it ??  or maybe you thought you had but they actually  sold you oregano or something, in which case I advise you to change your dealer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WinterGael said:

Most Thais I know like this as they cook with the plants.  They don't seem interested in smoking it, which is just as well because, honestly, Thai pot does not get you high.

As I've stated on here before, the obvious direction for growth is the medicinal market.  That's where the money is.

Thai pot doesn't get you high ?????   are you another one who has never smoked it ??  or maybe you thought you had but they actually  sold you oregano or something, in which case I advise you to change your dealer

• Like 2