Marijuana latest: PM says everyone concerned - Anutin exasperated over "overdose" reports amid recreational use

webfact

It's all big bs. There might be a temporary surge in usage by new users who will try a few times and stop. Some that were afraid to try when it was illegal might try. The big number of users we can see at the shops are those who used it already but had to do it in hiding.

You cannot OD on ganja. You might have a strong "high" and have a panic attack but that's it. I would suggest those who try it for the 1st time to take a small amount (a few drags rather than a full joint) and definitely not by means of food or drops as it takes much longer to get the effect and much longer for the effect to stop. By inhaling you can adjust according to the feeling.

Also, first time do it in a quiet place with a trusted friend who can help if you are panicking. Knowing what to do if the effect is too strong for you is important.

If you go for the drops - always start with 1 drop for the first few days. If you didn't get the wanted effect increase to 2 drops for few days and then 3 and so on till you get what you want. DO NOT FORGET THAT BY DIGESTING IT CAN TAKE AS LONG AS 3 HOURS TO FEEL THE EFFECTS. It will be stronger and faster if not shortly after a meal. don't take any more than you ate\swallowed during this time. Better wait for the next day to try again.

A while back I took a couple of drops about 2 hours before bed time. No effect felt. I woke up about 7-8 hours later completely stoned, and that was from a high quality medical drops (not on Thailand...).

Now I have to go look for a dispensery ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

CBD oil and Gummies assist in allowing me to have a relaxing nights sleep, after having a triple neck fusion and a double low back fusion, I still have pain.  I can not do certain exercised anymore and my stretching ability is limited.  Using the NSAIDS only helps a little as I can not use them constantly unless I want liver issues and so on.  

I understand.  Last month I had L3, L4, & L5 fused.  L6,L7, & L8 show small cracks but are not in danger of becoming deviated.  I am maxed out on Tramadol and Baclofen like I was before my surgery. Self control can be done without laws forbidding it.  There has always been a difference between dependence and abuse.  Every long night full of pain when I have already reached my 24 hour limit.  Based on the new pain I am having now it looks like another surgery to repair L3 is in my near future.  And maybe a lifetime of pain myself.  I just had and will continue to have blood work done as needed at my local clinic.  It sure would be nice to have some real bud to help ease the pain or to at least ease my mind.  My wife and I have never been so stressed out.  She is by my side all the way day or night whatever I need.  Just getting off and on my hospital bed at home to take a pi$$ is so screaming painful.  So now what do I do because going to the family's farm is now not physically possible, and probably not again for a long time.  I was looking forward to making it out to the back or front of the house in our village to light up in the wheelchair that will be delivered any day.  Even the lower mid grade bud at the farm did help.  I did not mind rolling a big one plus a big bowl full.  Good Purp during the day and good Cush at night for sleep would have been a relief and very helpful.  I broke out with a rash every time I tried BCD oil in the past.  If the in fighting on this forum is any evidence of what is going on between the powers that be then this is going to be a disaster.  Thailand will loose face big time.  This legalization has already gone Globally viral.  I am afraid that the doomsayers that have never inhaled can not stand the fact that good bud is helpful in many ways.  It should be up to the non-inhalers and the inhalers to make up their own minds what is best for themselves without being egregiously attacked.  Well it will definitely not be worth masses of tourists ever coming to Thailand after this recent debacle and view of hypocracy.  I knew it was too good to be true.  Yes, protect the children by all means, it is already illegal to do otherwise.  Keep stores far away from schools.  But bring back the only hope for a real future that Thailand has.  Up In Smoke, not the movie.  Those with negative life experiences but spout out nonsense can go ahead and attack me, I will not bother to respond to ignorance.

38 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

It should not be long before we read a report of a person being killed by pot. That it, one of six plants growing on a condo window cill falling on their head.......????

Would that be classified as a pothead accident then ? ????

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Well I can agree partially with many of your comments but then your arguments regarding cannabis surely would also be applicable to opium, where do you draw the line ?

There’s a big difference. In a generally healthy person opium can quickly become physically addictive whereas cannabis is more psychologically addictive, if at all?  The one possible exception to this being someone who uses cannabis for neuropathic pain or similar? Here, it could be said that the user might become physically addicted to the pain relief it might provide but this could be overcome by them using prescription drugs instead?

I smoked cannabis for years in my younger days and could take it or leave it? The ex GF used to smoke it daily for years to help with neuropathic pain as  she found she could function better on it than with her prescribed cocktail of prescription drugs?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whereyougo said:

I remember when That girl overdosed and made national headlines the knee jerk reaction was to put tramadol on controlled list. 

Lets see what happens here

I suggest that comparing cannabis with Tramadol is "apples and oranges."  Tramadol is an opiate (synthetic, I believe) and is way more powerful, physically addictive and, if misused, potentially very dangerous. It's a prescription-only drug in many countries for those very reasons.

56 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

It's all big bs. There might be a temporary surge in usage by new users who will try a few times and stop. Some that were afraid to try when it was illegal might try. The big number of users we can see at the shops are those who used it already but had to do it in hiding.

You cannot OD on ganja. You might have a strong "high" and have a panic attack but that's it. I would suggest those who try it for the 1st time to take a small amount (a few drags rather than a full joint) and definitely not by means of food or drops as it takes much longer to get the effect and much longer for the effect to stop. By inhaling you can adjust according to the feeling.

Also, first time do it in a quiet place with a trusted friend who can help if you are panicking. Knowing what to do if the effect is too strong for you is important.

If you go for the drops - always start with 1 drop for the first few days. If you didn't get the wanted effect increase to 2 drops for few days and then 3 and so on till you get what you want. DO NOT FORGET THAT BY DIGESTING IT CAN TAKE AS LONG AS 3 HOURS TO FEEL THE EFFECTS. It will be stronger and faster if not shortly after a meal. don't take any more than you ate\swallowed during this time. Better wait for the next day to try again.

A while back I took a couple of drops about 2 hours before bed time. No effect felt. I woke up about 7-8 hours later completely stoned, and that was from a high quality medical drops (not on Thailand...).

Now I have to go look for a dispensery ????

Good post ????

I don't smoke anything, even ordinary cigarettes, but a long time ago i did have some ganga in "cookies" (and have repeated the experience a few times since)

I was happily stoned for most of the weekend with no lasting ill-effects. The lady I was with at the time was (ahem) impressed with the effect it had on my performance ????  Have also tried the Happy Pizzas in Cambodia - I once ordered one and when asked "How happy would you like it" replied "Ecstatic please"

Similar effects...and again no side-effects.

3 hours ago, 10baht said:

Let's get some concern about the Thai Pass!!!!????

The Thai Pass has already been greatly improved, and with the temporary removal of the TM6 card I doubt they will do away with it anytime soon, even with all the pushback. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

The Thai Pass has already been greatly improved, and with the temporary removal of the TM6 card I doubt they will do away with it anytime soon, even with all the pushback. 

The TM6 has been removed?  News to me.  We had to fill them in last week on Thai Airways when returning to Bangkok from UK. 

Either it’s legal or it isn’t, 

you just announced release of prisoners convicted of cannabis offenses, it was a crime when they were arrested and unless it had less than 0.2% thc then under this clear as mud policy it’s likely still illegal now

then you announced that tones 9f confiscated cannabis will be returned to those arrested, 

these new laws are a cluster from start to finish, 

This confusion is not new to Thailand.   It is the way the political structure has seen to work during the 22+years I have lived here (and also the 16 years before that that I came as a tourist).

The education structure does SFA to prepare those at any level of society for the possible consequences of there actions actions.

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

The TM6 has been removed?  News to me.  We had to fill them in last week on Thai Airways when returning to Bangkok from UK. 

Just was announced today, not sure how they are going to roll that change out though as it is still required for a few visa related tasks.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/tm-6-immigration-forms-shelved-for-now-at-airports-84568.php

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JimboB4 said:

First of all everyone knows you can’t “overdose” on weed lol, TVF it’s a medical impossibility. You all are just tripping over this aren’t you. Gotta go it’s 420 time and yes it’s for medical usage I have the certificate from the doctor allowing me to possess this. 

DE025875-9086-42D1-B8E9-474DC13F07B6.jpeg

I wanted to smoke it right at 16:00 but I finally just now did. I smokes the free hash that I’m used to first by accident. I wanted to try the new stuff. It’s supposed to be more calming. I think it’s almost time to try it again the hash was pretty calming just tried it an hour ago. I was planning to smoke it sooner but I was busy with my project. Now it’s helping me take my mind off of my project. 

8 hours ago, JimboB4 said:

First of all everyone knows you can’t “overdose” on weed lol, TVF it’s a medical impossibility. You all are just tripping over this aren’t you. Gotta go it’s 420 time and yes it’s for medical usage I have the certificate from the doctor allowing me to possess this. 

DE025875-9086-42D1-B8E9-474DC13F07B6.jpeg

Ok yes strains do make a difference this new stuff is definitely more relaxing ready to sleep soon. No need for medication pills from a doctor ever again with this stuff!!! Amazing. 

Anutin: 

You can overdose on anything if it is misused, even paracetamol

Clarification: there are no confirmed reports of marijuana overdose; however, there are many cases of paracetamol overdose and casual overuse, particularly with alcohol, is very likely to cause substantial and permanent liver damage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bubba said:

Anutin: 

Clarification: there are no confirmed reports of marijuana overdose; however, there are many cases of paracetamol overdose and casual overuse, particularly with alcohol, is very likely to cause substantial and permanent liver damage. 

My Mil had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance 2x last month for long term paracetamol overuse. The hospitals issue them for chronic low level pain, the Thais take them constantly until they get stomach problems. 

• Like 1

Considering the short time since legalization and having the product literally everywhere on the shelves is a first for Thailand. 

Yet, in all fairness, I wonder if all this is not a (pun intended) smoke screen for something else which is being passed behind this hashish-mania? 

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

CBD oil and Gummies assist in allowing me to have a relaxing nights sleep, after having a triple neck fusion and a double low back fusion, I still have pain.  I can not do certain exercised anymore and my stretching ability is limited.  Using the NSAIDS only helps a little as I can not use them constantly unless I want liver issues and so on.  

Pm sent.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

the Thais take them constantly until they get stomach problems. 

What a huge generalisation based on what verifiable facts exactly ? Think your excessive pot smoking is effecting you grasp on reality perhaps and because you know one maybe even two Thais where you claim they have been effected by it, you assume the whole nation is ????

Edited by Excel