Traffic offenders in Thailand who fail to pay fines may face arrest

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Nope, just someone with a moral backbone who doesn't view Thailand as some sort of backwater, unlike some of the Neanderthals that inhabit these pages.

You don't fit in here

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Nope, just someone with a moral backbone who doesn't view Thailand as some sort of backwater, unlike some of the Neanderthals that inhabit these pages.

Most of the people that moved here did so for the freedom, to get away from the nanny states they came from.

You must be one of the very few that came for the temples?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Flink said:

Except forthe factthat the ones with themostunpaid fines are usually the ones (especially motorcyclists) who consider insurance a suggestion rather than a requirement, so it still wouldn't be paid. Here's a thought, create a company under contract to the police (preferably staffed by farangs) to visit the homes of non payers and impound their vehicles. You pay the fine you get your motorcycle/Fortuner back,until then you walk.

Oh my god  now I've heard it all  " a company under contract to the police staffed by farangs impounding cars"  From Thais!!!????    You haven't really thought that through have you?  People have been killed just for complaining about noise.  Are you a ganja smoking newbie?

7 hours ago, PJ71 said:

While they're speeding?

You do realise that a lot of vehichles are registered old address's / not in the person driving name etc etc.

How do you think they would clamp them?

The old saying comes to mind where there's a will there's a way. Obstacle can be overcome if you approach things logically. 

7 hours ago, kimamey said:

Did that mean the Internet asit was 20 years ago as well. 

Why not ? People would not be slaves of their damn phones and would talk to each other (again)

On 6/20/2022 at 8:59 PM, CharlieH said:

Why not just add it to the car tax !

Aint no dodging that, and clearly visible if you try.Any outstanding fines are collected at the same time or the car is off the road.

But those offenders don’t pay car tax either. Older car need control before they get new ticket, so they avoid that.

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I will believe it, when I see it. As of now, there is no central database, and the DMV does not prevent the renewal of either car or bike registrations, nor drivers licenses, or title transfers. Believe me, I know. I have ignored dozens of speeding tickets, that have been sent to us. They go straight into the bin. I cannot abide by, nor respect speed limits of 80 or 90kph, on major highways. That is on them, not me. At least until they get their act together, and centralize the database, which is likely inevitable, at some point. But, it could be another 30 years! 

Then you fit the mold perfectly if this were to be implemented. People who think they know better and drive dangerously over the speed limits needs to be addressed. If they simply chuck the tickets away, they should be prosecuted... and in the case of foreigners, any ensuing convictions should reflect at immigration at Extension renewal time. Thailand certainly does not need to import scofflaws, as it has plenty of its own. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Then you fit the mold perfectly if this were to be implemented. People who think they know better and drive dangerously over the speed limits needs to be addressed. If they simply chuck the tickets away, they should be prosecuted... and in the case of foreigners, any ensuing convictions should reflect at immigration at Extension renewal time. Thailand certainly does not need to import scofflaws, as it has plenty of its own. 

Thanks, Dad. Appreciate the advice, however if you think driving over 90kph on a main highway, that is 4 lanes and divided, in good weather, than we do not have much to discuss. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Thanks, Dad. Appreciate the advice, however if you think driving over 90kph on a main highway, that is 4 lanes and divided, in good weather, than we do not have much to discuss. 

If you think it okay to break the rules of the road, you fit in perfectly...

19 hours ago, Deli said:

Why not ? People would not be slaves of their damn phones and would talk to each other (again)

Very true but the intent gives us a lot of other things as well. When I'm back in the UK I use it to call my wife and when I'm here I use it to speak to my mother plus other family members and my granddaughters. When I first started calling my then girlfriend in about 2008 I could barely see her sometimes and if it rained then there was no chance. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If you think it okay to break the rules of the road, you fit in perfectly...

Thanks. I have made it a habit of breaking many rules of the road, of society, and of the law, my whole lifetime. It ensures  you are not a lemming and discriminating behavior requires it. It is something crazy, known as independent and free thinking, and questioning everything. 

If you think going faster than 90kph on a four lane divided highway, in fair weather, in a new car is unsafe, we live in two different universes. Mine is one of independence from stifling and corrupt laws designed to extract cash from the public. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, transam said:

I thought that was the leaky roof era.....????

Didnt matter if the roof leaked cos i was there at a time when the girls made an effort and the beer and rooms were cheap and there were less rules and you could do what you wanted to do including drinking all night and the go go bars were good fun and not just a total rip off so after all that let the roof leak who cared.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is something crazy, known as independent and free thinking, and questioning everything. 

Or being anti-social. An attitude best kept for your home country where you have financial input and political input, rather than where one is a guest. 

If one comes here to retire, do just that, quite a good place for it. 

8 hours ago, Boyn said:

Didnt matter if the roof leaked cos i was there at a time when the girls made an effort and the beer and rooms were cheap and there were less rules and you could do what you wanted to do including drinking all night and the go go bars were good fun and not just a total rip off so after all that let the roof leak who cared.

30 years on, you would.......????...............????

• Like 1

On the subject of drugs if I search Google 'Luke Cook sentenced to death' I find quite an offence post here from Webfact with the  a story headed 'Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya Big Shot Luke',  This was followed by the usual comments from punters of the 'serves him right' variety.   It is clear that this story was cobbled together from reports in the trained media. But putting the knife in Webfact added such things as: 'Thaivisa sources close to Cook said that his wife Kanyarat Wechapitak, 40, was a "controlling and unpleasant person".

He further stated: 

"An insider source who knew Cook well and asked not to be named told Thaivisa that Kanyarat was an unpleasant and controlling wife who kept her hands on business matters. 

She was described to Thaivisa as an attention seeker who would hog the karaoke microphone at the couple's bar and who aspired to a hi-so life."

In view of the fact that Luke Cook was acquitted at the Supreme Court and no other charges were pursued  against him the comments from an 'insider source' are highly libellous. In fact they were libellous at the time but of course the three defendants were in jail having been sentenced to death so Webfact might have felt very safe.  You can guess what my advice might be now..

Edited by Gang Warily