Lithuanian suspect denies all murder charges against Thai transgender woman in Surin

webfact

image.jpeg

By Nop Meechukhun

Surin – A Lithuanian suspect, Mr. Marius, continued to deny all charges of murder and physical assault against a transgender woman, Teerapong Lamlua, in Surin last week while Teerapong’s body was cremated for a religious ritual Sunday, June 19th.

According to local police, all of the collected evidence and witnesses’ statements had led to identifying Marius as the perpetrator. However, he denied all charges and is currently detained at Surin Prison while the investigation is undergoing.

On Sunday, Teerapong’s family, friends, and relatives hosted a funeral in her hometown in the Prasat district. Her pet dog “Emma” also joined the cremation and always looked at the coffin of her owner.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/20/lithuanian-suspect-denies-all-murder-charges-against-thai-transgender-woman-in-surin-buddhist-cremation-of-victim-proceeds-yesterday/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

being there with her for a time does not make him a murderer - it does make him a suspect or person of interest but police would need to find compelling evidence to prove that he actually murdered her

Have you read anything about this before. In that case you have already read the circumstances and all things that he have different explanations for. I think it´s a clear and shut case.

• Haha 2

The remembrance photo refers to the deceased as Mr. Teerapong Lamlua.

I personally don't see this as a sign of disrespect, however I understand if others disagree. I'm not sure if Thais make gender pronouns as charged an issue as it has become in the West.

I was left wondering if a mother's prerogative to remember her son as her son trumped any preferences which may or may not have been expressed by the deceased, and whether any religious precepts were taken into consideration in deciding how he should be referred to at the funeral. 

As far as the timing of the cremation, to the best of my knowledge, it is standard procedure worldwide to release the body to the next of kin promptly after the autopsy is performed, and in my opinion, speculation that the cremation may have been "rushed" in order to destroy evidence is totally inappropriate and unjustified.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, smedly said:

being there with her for a time does not make him a murderer - it does make him a suspect or person of interest but police would need to find compelling evidence to prove that he actually murdered her

I 'm sure they will find all the evidence they need for a conviction.

Because he is characterized as a foreigner and the culture wants them to be guilty more so their own citizens to crimes…

either until he breaks or the police find evidence to convict him, he should be treated as innocent….

how long can he be kept w/o evidence or charges?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Because he is characterized as a foreigner and the culture wants them to be guilty more so their own citizens to crimes…

either until he breaks or the police find evidence to convict him, he should be treated as innocent….

He's probably already charged with murder and now kept in custody until sentenced or released. Hopefully no EU country will bail him out. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Have you read anything about this before. In that case you have already read the circumstances and all things that he have different explanations for. I think it´s a clear and shut case.

Given the lamentable value of reporting so far I think you actually know very little truth about this case. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, micmichd said:

He's probably already charged with murder and now kept in custody until sentenced or released. Hopefully no EU country will bail him out. 

I doubt he has been charged with anything yet. I imagine that he is being held on suspicion of murder based on the circumstantial evidence that the police have compiled so far (reports that he and deceased had dispute in restaurant some time before murder, his possession of deceased's phone, reports from relatives that he was seen with scratches and blood stains on clothing, his leaving the area, etc.) I suspect that they are waiting for the physical evidence from the autopsy and DNA tests before charging him because the circumstantial evidence on its own isn't sufficient to charge him.

Edited by Gecko123

4 hours ago, micmichd said:

Maybe they took DNA before cremating her. For forensic evidence. 

They 'ran out' of DNA evidence on the Koh Tao murder trial remember? An absolute nonsense from start to finish. DNA results issued on scrap paper, lab not certified etc.  

Everything they do here is a joke, half-baked and riddled with corruption and malfeasance. 

No surprise people start asking questions. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Remember Cathay Pacific flight CX700Z and the mass murder of 81 people, allegedly by Lieutenant Somchai Chaiyasut of the Thai Police Aviation Division, who was found not guilty, even with overwhelming evidence that he was in fact guilty.

They do everything to protect the national image and save face here. 

Nothing and nobody here can be trusted. 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They 'ran out' of DNA evidence on the Koh Tao murder trial remember? An absolute nonsense from start to finish. DNA results issued on scrap paper, lab not certified etc.  

Everything they do here is a joke, half-baked and riddled with corruption and malfeasance. 

No surprise people start asking questions. 

People ask questions? 

People here on Thaivisa are simply biased because the Lithuanian in charge is a farang and most of the posters is also a farang. But in Thailand he will have no privileges based on  colour of his skin. Obviously not understandable to people who are used to get privileges. 

21 minutes ago, micmichd said:

People ask questions? 

People here on Thaivisa are simply biased because the Lithuanian in charge is a farang and most of the posters is also a farang. But in Thailand he will have no privileges based on  colour of his skin. Obviously not understandable to people who are used to get privileges. 

You don't get the irony of using a racial epithet while accusing others of having privileges based on skin colour do you?

You've no idea of the race of the people posting on this thread either.

If enough evidence is provided and the investigation is done transparently and with clarity then I am sure that will satisfy everyone, regardless of their skin colour.