Condo change - no power

Sqoop

The power has gone out at Arcadia condo and will apparently be out for a couple of hours. I thought that they would have a stand by generator. 

I was thinking of changing condo anyway  so I guess it is time to look. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

I thought that they would have a stand by generator. 

Most Condos are the same. They have a standby generator for the common areas only. Ours was of from 3am to 6am one day last week.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

First things first .... ฿50-100k, depending which model

LAZ & other vendors.

The good & the iffy ... 

I think I'll stick to rechargeable torches at that price, thanks anyway.

It's very rare for the condo electricity to go out, more frequent in the village.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

No guarantee it will not go out at the other Condo ,

this is Thailand ,happens all the time , especially

when it rains.

regards worgeordie

@Sqoop

Yes, it happens all the time including water supply in Thailand.

I live in a village (not a condo), and they have power cuts especially after a rainstorm.

Surprisingly, my Thai neighbours don't make any noise over this because they are used to it.

Don't expect things to be the same as in western countries. For example, zebra crossing doesn't work the same way as in western countries etc.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

Buy a decent sized UPS.  Not only will it protect your electronics from surges and power outages, but it will also protect your data, and when the power is out, you can run a LED light off it and charge your phone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I think I'll stick to rechargeable torches at that price, thanks anyway.

It's very rare for the condo electricity to go out, more frequent in the village.

Yea, that's a bit pricy, but would run the whole condo, if could conx to box.

A bit more than I would ever need, and would need some silly extra pocket

any month, to even to consider.

3 hours ago, newnative said:

like the elevators and emergency lighting

And much desired if you live on the 30th floor.

Or just in the cabin between 29 and 30 :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Changing condos is not going to help.  They basically have generators that power elevators and certain lighting.  Not the complete building and every individual residence 

• Like 1

Go the hyper colonialist-oppressor route and employ (for a bowl of rice a day) some illiterate Laotians or Cambodians with the promise that you'll improve their lives somewhere down the track to fan you all day and night.

I lived in Bangkok for a bit, power outage was very rare maybe 5 time the whole year and only lasted a few minutes. Usually was said to be an issue with the transformer. 

Ap Thai and sansiri are the better developers, maybe try those condos if they have them in pattaya. 

13 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Go the hyper colonialist-oppressor route and employ (for a bowl of rice a day) some illiterate Laotians or Cambodians with the promise that you'll improve their lives somewhere down the track to fan you all day and night.

I was thinking they could be used to pedal bicycle generators located in the corridors. 

21 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yes , this might be an option. I will look into it ????

19 hours ago, dj230 said:

Ap Thai and sansiri are the better developers, maybe try those condos if they have them in pattaya.

Poor timing to mention Sansiri - lots of windows blew out of their "The Base" development in the big storm a few nights ago.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:41 AM, Sqoop said:

thought that they would have a stand by generator.

You may find the occasional condo with generator for the elevator only .

On 6/22/2022 at 8:41 AM, Sqoop said:

thinking of changing condo anyway  so I guess it is time to look

I reckon your expectations are a little high.

On 6/22/2022 at 4:23 PM, Tropposurfer said:

It ain't half hot Mum.  I believe the correct title for the aforementioned colonialist oppressed persons that sat on the verandah and pulled the string, what moved the sail suspended from the ceiling above the District Officer's or Commandants desk is in fact, Punka Wallah.  :coffee1:

punka.jpg