Savage Rottweiler attack on two year old in Pattaya: Owner meets police - faces jail and/or 10K fine

webfact

Jail him, fine him, shoot it and government pays compensation and full medical costs for the poor baby until scares are gone both physical and mental. Years of treatment for her unfortunately. 

Known vicious breeds mandatory muzzles.

10k or a month, we're having a laff he will run off to the Wat & "wai aye" for a month and all will be we good. 

• Like 1

There is not a single reason to have such fighting machines like Rottweiler or Dobermann dogs as "domestic" pets. The owner should be picking-up the entire bill of the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and God only knows, if and what post-treatment operations etc. might be needed. 

It is well possible and we can only hope, that the child is too young to get this horrendous experience into the memory but scars will have to be explained later in lift. Poor little fellow ....... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

But many non-dog lovers would like to see such vicious animals banned. And when attacks do occur, their owners jailed and not just given paltry fines.

I don't hate dogs,  I hate what they do to people! Any dog regardless of breed!

Maybe if there were laws like one and done, ,owners would get the hint when they replace  them .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, scorecard said:

But if they were banned it would stop these attacks, it would stop children and adults ensuring awful traumic attacks and scars for life.

So banning is good. 

It wouldn't stop the attacks.

Irresponsible owners would simply buy different (but equally dangerous in the wrong hands) breeds and you'd see an increase in attacks by those breeds instead. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This is serious business. Why is this being treated so lightly? Is he rich? Connected? 

He possibly could be rich and connected.  The village it happened in is Pattaya Lagoon Resort.  My wife has always said that's where the rich people live.

The American Kennel Club have nothing to do with Thai people

"owning" a dog. This is not about owners in the US, this is about

thai owners, which I would consider being less interesting in taking

care of their dogs. We must understand that in many countries, owners

go for a walk with their pets, mostly in a leash. NOT so in Thailand! 

They don`t care, until they get heavily fined, and maybe a month in jail.

I think that will make a difference for the better. Still, we have the "Soi dogs",

which nobody gives a damn about, until you hit them with your car.

Then they will ALL come out to rip you off. All of a sudden, everybody

owns the god damn dog! As a "farang", you are f####d!

Cheers! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Is this intended to be a sincere reply? Did you read the post?

The child is now out of ICU but still in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Earlier reports said the child needed 200 stitches after suffering horrendous injuries. 

Is there any chance a child needing 200 stitches would not be disfigured for life, much less in need of multiple, complex reconstructive surgeries to be put back together again? 

You can play as much of a drama queen as you like, facts are police waiting for 2 parties to meet to see if agreement can be made, ie owner of the dog paying all the bills.

Neither you nor me nor the police know if child will need any plastic surgery as he is still a tiny being. just as you do not know how it will all heal, just as you have even less of a clue what damages are there and if it will need plastic surgery. 

Child was NOT in ICU because of stiches or being possibly disfigured, surely even the biggest idiot would understand that

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The dog should be immediately destroyed, and that shouldn't be up for discussion.

Again, compensation being discussed... Money Number One. ????

I wonder what the child, when he or she grows up, will think when they are told that the criminal who was responsible for her disfigurement only had to pay a few hundred dollars in compensation and was never properly punished?

Disgusting and pathetic. 

I don't agree.  It is the owners responsibility but the dog cannot be held guilty of a crime.  Additionally, you jump the gun by trying to say what the penalty of the owner will be without any real knowledge.

One of the big problems is when you get a dog and it is of let's say mixed heritage. I had a German Shepherd. I knew its heritage and it could be traced back over many years. I trained the dog and it was never vicious to anyone. It was very protective of me and my family but never was aggressive.

It depends to some extent on how you train them. Unfortunately many dogs are not trained at all in most countries not just Thailand and if the dog is a big dog that is when the problems come

27 minutes ago, Jaybott said:

He possibly could be rich and connected.  The village it happened in is Pattaya Lagoon Resort.  My wife has always said that's where the rich people live.

Put the owner and the dog down anyway. Both have given up their rights to consume oxygen. 

• Like 2

I have a rescue Dalmatian that is scarred and very severely traumatised due to a vile rotter (Rottweiler) attack, she reacts very badly to other dogs and I don't think that will ever stop. A small child has no chance if one of those dogs turns nasty. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kjun12 said:

.I don't agree.  It is the owners responsibility but the dog cannot be held guilty of a crime.  Additionally, you jump the gun by trying to say what the penalty of the owner will be without any real knowledge.

"......the dog cannot be held guilty of a crime."

A few years back a dog attacked and killed its owner in Thailand. 

The dog was taken to the local temple to say sorry! And before anybody says anything - yes - I am being serious!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can't legislate out stupidity and irresponsibility. Any large dog who has not been trained and/or abused can be dangerous. Especially to a 2 year old child! I've heard about and seen many instances ending in serious injuries from Thai dogs. Especially when they form packs. We've personally saved and rehabbed 21 Thai street dogs, and rehomed all but 2 of them. There are some we come across that are, and will always be aggressive. Nothing you can do. Most vets here won't euthanize either, even under dire circumstances.
Laws need to be directed towards the people who "own" dogs, and education of animal ownership should start at a young age. But the other problem is making sure those laws are enforced, and we all know how that goes. Thais think that letting dogs roam free and feeding them occasionally with no regard to vetting and sterilization, is acceptable. (Unless it's a small, fluffy dog of course).
This guy should receive a stiff penalty and I agree with euthanizing the dog. Not because of the breed, but because of the behavior he's learned. I highly doubt either will happen though.

Edited by BadSpottedDog
punctuation
  • Like 2

Clearly some breeds are much more likely to be vicious than others. Me, I'd gradually phase them out, programs to reduce their breeding and certainly not allow them into Thailand. 

So many lovely breeds available. My favourite, Border Collie, so smart but need lots of exercise and too friendly to be a guard dog. If people want a dog that is smart but suited to protect, then German Shepherd, Labrador or Retriever.

Why are people attracted to Pitbulls and Rotties? They are somewhat intimidating even if not vicious.

Edited by Donga
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

In your bizarre and increasingly disconnected universe, where a child is savagely attacked, and the 200 stitches are in no way connected to this dispicable dog, is it possible you might be the drama queen, if it were your daughter? 

more melodramatic nonsense, you have no idea what the damages are and how it will heal

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, sambum said:

"......the dog cannot be held guilty of a crime."

A few years back a dog attacked and killed its owner in Thailand. 

The dog was taken to the local temple to say sorry! And before anybody says anything - yes - I am being serious!

I wouldn't be surprised! I hope that the dog apologised sincerely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

i’ve had several Rottweilers got them as pubs raise them and train them they were the best dogs I’ve ever had they would never just attacked a child a matter of fact our friends had little kids  The dog would sit by them and play with them and have a stranger came up to the child and the Rottweiler was there he would not attack the stranger right away but he would protect the child that’s their instinct I blame the owner of the dogs Rottweilers always get a bad rap I have many breeds of dogs and the Rottweiler by far was the best they’re loyal they’re calm and yes they’re good protection if somebody tries to break into your house but still they would just not attack for no reason

REASON??????

1 minute ago, androokery said:

REASON??????

I don't understand anyone wanting a pure bred dog. The breeding process these days does not introduce outside genetics, and a breed too "pure" will be rife with health and behavior issues. I would never in a million years buy a dog from a breeder, as it promotes that industry.
However, most Rottweilers that I've met have been big babies. I've met more street dogs who were aggressive. 
Bad owners. Not bad dogs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1