Savage Rottweiler attack on two year old in Pattaya: Owner meets police - faces jail and/or 10K fine

webfact

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is serious business. Why is this being treated so lightly? Is he rich? Connected? 

He is no dogsbody..

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Just now, Spock said:

It is something to do with the breed in that big dogs with strong jaws are more dangerous to people and pets than small dogs. Consequently a smaller dog can be poorly raised but never going to inflict as much damage as a large, powerful animal. This 'owners need to be educated' bit is really irrelevant in these poorly regulated SEA countries where owners select breeds for the wrong reasons and would not consider personal training as necessary.

Yes big/strong dogs can inflict more damage.

So what do you propose? A max weight limit? Height limit? Strength tests? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He faces a month in jail and/or a 10,000 baht fine.

You know something's wrong with the Thai justice system when the fine is less than the hospital bill.

Owners should be forced to take out dog insurance to cover attacks by their animals.

In this case I'd like to see the family take this person for everything they own and refuse to pay the hospital bill until it was funded by the owner.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

It's crazy, these types of dogs should not be allowed in Thailand in the first place and with the Thai's stance on dogs should be  to wander free, this will always happen. I too feel for the little girl with 200 stitches what a way to start her life.

Why shouldn't Rottweilers be allowed to be kept???? The number of Rottweilers that attack someone in comparison to the number that are kept is quite small! 

The problem is NEVER the breed, but irresponsible keepers! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Somebody’s lying in this case. The owner (the foreign man) calls the dog a pitbull in one of his own videos on social media. It’s 100% a mixed breed and not just a rottweiler. I can send a link but I don’t know if that’s allowed in here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1