Calls to make Khao San Road a "Marijuana Hub of Thailand" - but hawker leader disagrees

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He stressed that nothing is free of regulation. He pointed to the smoking of regular cigarettes  that are banned in many places and whose sale is restricted to the under 20s. 

"You even need to use a Zebra crossing to cross the road," he observed. 

Then get killed by a policeman on a m/c ...............

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Will really help attract quality tourists, make Thailand the pothead capital of the world.

The marijuana is hardly going to be the quality of Amsterdam.As previously stated it's still illegal if it has a THC content(the ingredient that gets you stoned)higher than 0.2%.So the intake of such a low Thc content will be akin to trying to get drunk on a 0% non alcoholic beer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good idea!

I never liked that backpacker Soi.

Hopefully all the stoned people will stay there.

it's not a Soi it's a Thanon. went there last week to Center Khao San, had a great time. had a lot of fun laughing at my grumpy old man buddy who couldn't handle a bit of Cardi B and Daddy Yankee from the young DJ. 

disappointed to see that nobody was openly smoking pot. in fact there were a heap of signs with a marijuana leaf inside a crossed red circle. I "should of" taken a photo to post here so all the "pot is bad mmkay" types could get excited about the young people being deprived of fun.

images (15).jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

The marijuana is hardly going to be the quality of Amsterdam.As previously stated it's still illegal if it has a THC content(the ingredient that gets you stoned)higher than 0.2%.So the intake of such a low Thc content will be akin to trying to get drunk on a 0% non alcoholic beer.

Winter gael said 0.02 but you say 0.2......ten times more.

which is it

• Haha 1

Thailand ceartainly doesn't want or required the backpackers coming to Thailand, and developing the weed hub for them, What is a great idea doesn't need pothead, swarming around. the fact it has made the freedom of use for medical comfort, not for the great unwashed to lay around abusing it. The street is already a disgrace, and doesn't reflect the beauty and benifits of visiting Thaiand. look how Holland handles these people, they are not allowed to hang around puffing in public it is managed in a sensible way, with licensed coffee shops,  and like drunks they are handled in a way that keeps it under control and fined and deported if they fail to keep the respect required. its bad enough having the free for all at the full moon parties.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Will really help attract quality tourists, make Thailand the pothead capital of the world.

Henry, please define in your own words, what exactly a quality tourist is?

It is hard for me to believe that we will not see vendors selling pot by the joint via word of mouth. I was in Amsterdam in the late 1980s and as I recall pot was not advertised. You found the sellers by word of mouth. I think that is where Thailand is heading once the government devises laws controlling sales, etc. It seemed to work in Amsterdam.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

it's not a Soi it's a Thanon. went there last week to Center Khao San, had a great time. had a lot of fun laughing at my grumpy old man buddy who couldn't handle a bit of Cardi B and Daddy Yankee from the young DJ. 

disappointed to see that nobody was openly smoking pot. in fact there were a heap of signs with a marijuana leaf inside a crossed red circle. I "should of" taken a photo to post here so all the "pot is bad mmkay" types could get excited about the young people being deprived of fun.

images (15).jpeg

Thanks, you prove my point.

56 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Thailand ceartainly doesn't want or required the backpackers coming to Thailand, and developing the weed hub for them, What is a great idea doesn't need pothead, swarming around. the fact it has made the freedom of use for medical comfort, not for the great unwashed to lay around abusing it. The street is already a disgrace, and doesn't reflect the beauty and benifits of visiting Thaiand. look how Holland handles these people, they are not allowed to hang around puffing in public it is managed in a sensible way, with licensed coffee shops,  and like drunks they are handled in a way that keeps it under control and fined and deported if they fail to keep the respect required. its bad enough having the free for all at the full moon parties.

Then stay in your moobaan if that terrified , drink alone 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Okis said:

Imagine a world full of people with the unbeatable desire to feel important and to satisfy this urge/desire they just make <deleted> up and tell these crazy stories to their fellows without any kind of remorse nor shame. 

Yes, that is the reality we live in ????

Go back to your Cave Boomer crack some whiskey you’ll feel better