Leading Thai doctors calling for mask mandate to be reinstated

snoop1130

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Never been to an Islamic countries then....or  a Ball in Vienna?

Don't you think you are getting a bit overly obsessed about this..... a rod for your own back.

Uhmm……in case you failed to notice…people in this thread are talking about politically mandated wearing of cheap medical face masks for Covid.  Not religious veils or party masks. 
    Perhaps there is another thread somewhere where people are discussing those types of masks.   
   Best wishes..   Namo Buddhaya  ????????   ☸️

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:09 AM, ThailandRyan said:

You just can not let it go can you. Time to let your mind relax. Sorry this bothers you so much.

I was simply stating facts.  I understand that gets under a lot of people’s skin these strange days. 
    I sincerely apologize if facts bother you that much.  Sorry. 
Namo Buddhaya ????????   ☸️

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 7:25 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Sheep, hmm let me think about that, nope not sheep, name calling when you dont agree with others is called bad form. However, If you think that you can act contrary to another countries beliefs and regulations, just because of your belief in your freedom, then you might want to stay in Canada.  If you do as you say you risk possibly becoming a statistic based on non conformity and doing as you want. Go ask Brittney Griner trapped in Russia now how her beliefs in her freedoms to do as she wanted helped her..... 

Brittney Griner was arrested in Russia on drug charges and found herself behind bars.  How you equate that with refusing to wear a funny looking Covid mask once your fully vaccinated and multiple boosters plus natural immunity, I’m not sure.  
     I do believe in following common sense laws like not assaulting or killing people, not committing sexual assault, not committing theft and robbing corner stores or banks, and not getting involved in drugs except for medical purposes etc.    Those are common sense laws. I have no problem with them.

I have a problem with somebody telling me I have to wear a mask for political reasons.  And in reality that’s all it is at this point.  Obeying political dictates put out by the power hungry.  
       There is no scientific basis for a person who is quadruple vaxxed with the best Covid vaccines, plus who has had Covid and recovered and now has natural immunity also………no reason for that person to wear a mask outside in public. 
    Somebody tries to force me to wear a mask in my own place or outside, I’ll tell them where they can get off. 
   They told us the vaccine was the ticket for getting back to a normal life. 
    Period !   

Take care and best wishes to you and your family ????????   ☸️

Edited by Catoni
Addition.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Catoni said:

I was simply stating facts.  I understand that gets under a lot of people’s skin these strange days. 
    I sincerely apologize if facts bother you that much.  Sorry. 
Namo Buddhaya ????????   ☸️

No bother to me brother, just worried about your mental health with the summations and things you write...enjoy.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Catoni said:

Uhmm……in case you failed to notice…people in this thread are talking about politically mandated wearing of cheap medical face masks for Covid.  Not religious veils or party masks. 

And you fail to notice the error in what you wrote....masks have been an obligation in many countries for many years .. far more oppressive ones. 

Not my issue if you cannot hold up the debate....

There is no mandate in Thailand....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Irate priest said:

Don't think your worried about his mental health think your trying to demean him

Not in the least. Read his posts he is adamant about how he feels his own rights have been trampled.  Worries me when someone can't find the middle ground as each country is different in its regulations as well as how folks in Thailand have worn masks prior to covid. To each his own...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And you fail to notice the error in what you wrote....masks have been an obligation in many countries for many years .. far more oppressive ones. 

Not my issue if you cannot hold up the debate....

There is no mandate in Thailand....

Thank you.  So if there is no mandate in Thailand, people commenting in this thread should not be upset if some of us decide we don’t want to wear one.  It really seems some people here love to control others, and make people bow to their will. 
  Best wishes. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not in the least. Read his posts he is adamant about how he feels his own rights have been trampled.  Worries me when someone can't find the middle ground as each country is different in its regulations as well as how folks in Thailand have worn masks prior to covid. To each his own...

In the four months I lived in Chiang Mai long before the Wuhan Covid virus, I saw very, very few people wearing a mask. Almost none.  And those that did were usually labourers working on the road in the dust during smokey season. Not easy to remember seeing people wearing a mask.  None of the Thais and westerners I associated with wore a mask. 
   You want to see mask wearers, go to Beijing or Shanghai or some other highly air polluted city where the air is so thick with polluted smog it’s hard to see several blocks ahead.  Try visiting during January and February.  It’s really quite shocking. 
   By the way…..yes….I don’t like my rights to be trampled.  You find that surprising?  
     When people start ordering others around, beyond the boundaries of common sense laws, then don’t be surprised when they start to feel their rights are being trampled.

Have a wonderful and safe day. 

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There is no mandate in Thailand..

Not now.  Thank God common sense has prevailed.

As was said earlier it is now free choice.  You and your ilk wish to wear.  I do not and will not.

20 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Thank you.  So if there is no mandate in Thailand, people commenting in this thread should not be upset if some of us decide we don’t want to wear one.  It really seems some people here love to control others, and make people bow to their will. 
  Best wishes. 

As there is no mandate there is no real obligation... it is likely down to various establishments now. Many  were not wearing masks in a Pattaya Mall I was in recently. 

I would not worry about the OP and 'Leading Thai Doctors' post, just the flapping of lips we get here. 

I just feel it is rather ignorant, if the people around you are still very concerned (Thais are) and are wearing masks, to be in their proximity maskless. As a guest in  their country a little consideration goes a long way. One example to me would be as I am being served in a shop (7-11) or bank. (Or on the back of a WIN, as I forgot to do the other day and felt I had been ignorant myself). 

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, DezLez said:

Not now.  Thank God common sense has prevailed.

As was said earlier it is now free choice.  You and your ilk wish to wear.  I do not and will not.

AS I posted above... but it sounds like foot stomping. Go home perhaps.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

AS I posted above... but it sounds like foot stomping. Go home perhaps.

Where do you say I should go to assuming I would even accept your stupid suggestion or was that an order?

This is my home!

Why should anyone be forced to do something just because you want it.  It is not against the law of this country for me to be mask-less therefore I will remain mask-less.

Edited by DezLez

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Me & the mrs always wear ours when out and about, just because the authorities say you don't have to wear a mask doesn't mean it's safe.

Once your fully vaccinated and double boosted and also have natural immunity  from having had Covid and recovered… it’s much much safer not wearing a mask outside than it is crossing a street in Bangkok or Chiang Mai or Phnom Penh. 
  Not to mention….you are least likely to catch Covid when you are outside walking.  It’s in crowded indoor places where your chances of catching it increases.   You’re very safe actually outdoors. Very unlikely to catch it when unmasked outdoors. Outdoors and not in large groups, is the safest place to be when it comes to Covid. 
     But feel free to wear it if it makes you feel good, and calms your great fear or if you simply like obeying the leaders. 
  Take care. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Where do you say I should go to assuming I would even accept your stupid suggestion or was that an order?

This is my home!

Why should anyone be forced to do something just because you want it.  It is not against the law of this country for me to be mask-less therefore I will remain mask-less.

I presumed you were not born here.... apologies if you were.

I just see it as consideration for others.... and I did not suggest 'forced' whatsoever. I have simply given my perspective. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have simply given my perspective. 

Which many of wish you would keep to yourself and so let us lead our lives as we wish without the attempted interference of do-goody busybodies like you.

Your broken record has been played enough times now and we have all heard your message(s).

I say enough is enough, we know your perspective!

12 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Once your fully vaccinated and double boosted and also have natural immunity  from having had Covid and recovered… it’s much much safer not wearing a mask outside than it is crossing a street in Bangkok or Chiang Mai or Phnom Penh. 
  Not to mention….you are least likely to catch Covid when you are outside walking.  It’s in crowded indoor places where your chances of catching it increases.   You’re very safe actually outdoors. Very unlikely to catch it when unmasked outdoors. Outdoors and not in large groups, is the safest place to be when it comes to Covid. 
     But feel free to wear it if it makes you feel good, and calms your great fear or if you simply like obeying the leaders. 
  Take care. 

Now your going off on a tangent and belittling people who have no "great fear or if you simply like obeying the leaders".  You can spout all of the nonsensical info on how wearing a mask is dangerous, worn by the fearful, or Obeying the Leaders you want, for the many of us who still do wear masks when in crowds or in stores, it is called being safer than sorry.  I too am vaccinated, boosted and have had Covid,  Their is still a lot we do not know, and your quote earlier about Natural immunity after having Covid is not playing out with the new sub variants of Omicron, as folks are getting Covid for a second time.  Living a healthy lifestyle helps, exercising helps, but in the end everyone is still susceptible to any type of virus on any given day.  Being safe is not being fearful, or scared, but being just that safe.  As some others like to say, well then just stay home and hide while the rest of us go out and live, well I live life to the fullest, travel, eat out, go to the parks, malls, temples, and market places daily here in BKK.  Being safe does not mean one is scared or fearful.  I also respect others who want to wear the mask, and if those around me are wearing one I will put one on as well.  No I don't walk in the park wearing a mask unless approaching a larger group of folks.  Enjoy your view's, and I will agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Which many of wish you would keep to yourself and so let us lead our lives as we wish without the attempted interference of do-goody busybodies like you.

Your broken record has been played enough times now and we have all heard your message(s).

I say enough is enough, we know your perspective!

So lead your life, as I have stated time and time again.  Again you revert to name calling which is uncalled for as well as a personal attack.  If you wish to stop hearing what people post then may I suggest you switch to a different OP.  However, you seem to seek out these OP types to air your frustrations with others who have a different view.  No one is forcing you to do anything, common sense and safety precautions are always needed by those who think rationally. Heading warnings or at least reading through the new rise in case locations, and updated regulations being discussed in many countries, just makes good sense and is also food for thought, it does not mean you need to agree with it, but calling folks names is never appropriate and is rather childish. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, DezLez said:

And I too am fed up of a selfish, entitled perspective being presented by many here. You, like me, speak for one, no more, no less. 

If nobody posted it would get rather dull here. Put me on ignore please and save yourself the stress. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Catoni said:

You’re not alone Dezlez.  Many, many of us will also remain maskless now.  We learned the lesson we should have known all along.
      I and many others will also remain mask-less.   I made my decision after wearing the mask all alone and using hand disinfectant and social distancing, and getting double Covid shots and then first booster following by getting Covid anyways.
        At that point I decided that when I had two tests showing Covid free after recovery…..I would no longer wear the mask.
     I would return to normal life. 
     It’s all ???? ess at this point. It’s become political.  
   This is a FACT:  Covid-19 has become the most politicized disease in history ! ! 
  Best wishes…..

The attached article, if you wish to read it, explains all of the other plaques and pandemics that have killed millions and more than Covid has.  Politicized is not a correct word to use, but "Information Campaign" explains it best,  Those who have a distaste for politicians meddling in their life want to claim it is politicized.  Mass Media coverage of this Pandemic can be laid upon the facts that Media is more relevant today, be it social media, twitter, e-mail or news.  Imagine if the same mediums of notifications were available back when the other major pandemics hit, you can sure bet it would be just as big as Covid with the continual flow of information.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200325-covid-19-the-history-of-pandemics

Just a small clip:

"it’s because today epidemics are rarely discussed in history classes, while in the not so distant past, they were simply a terrible fact of life. There are few memorials to the victims of disease."

"Pathogens make such effective mass killers because they are self-replicating. This sets them apart from other major threats to humanity. Each bullet that kills in a war must be fired and must find its target. Most natural disasters are constrained by area: an earthquake that strikes in China can’t directly hurt you in the UK."

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Now your going off on a tangent and belittling people who have no "great fear or if you simply like obeying the leaders".  You can spout all of the nonsensical info on how wearing a mask is dangerous, worn by the fearful, or Obeying the Leaders you want, for the many of us who still do wear masks when in crowds or in stores, it is called being safer than sorry.  I too am vaccinated, boosted and have had Covid,  Their is still a lot we do not know, and your quote earlier about Natural immunity after having Covid is not playing out with the new sub variants of Omicron, as folks are getting Covid for a second time.  Living a healthy lifestyle helps, exercising helps, but in the end everyone is still susceptible to any type of virus on any given day.  Being safe is not being fearful, or scared, but being just that safe.  As some others like to say, well then just stay home and hide while the rest of us go out and live, well I live life to the fullest, travel, eat out, go to the parks, malls, temples, and market places daily here in BKK.  Being safe does not mean one is scared or fearful.  I also respect others who want to wear the mask, and if those around me are wearing one I will put one on as well.  No I don't walk in the park wearing a mask unless approaching a larger group of folks.  Enjoy your view's, and I will agree to disagree. 

Quote:  “I respect others who wear the mask…” 

Reply:   So do I.  And I also respect those who do not wear the mask.  
 Do you?  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Catoni said:

Quote:  “I respect others who wear the mask…” 

Reply:   So do I.  And I also respect those who do not wear the mask.  
 Do you?  

Of course I do, never said I did not.  My comments have always been about respecting those that do wear them and to not make salacious comments or call them derogatory names.  Enjoy.

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And I too am fed up of a selfish, entitled perspective being presented by many here. You, like me, speak for one, no more, no less. 

If nobody posted it would get rather dull here. Put me on ignore please and save yourself the stress. 

@jacko45k ????