TAT Moves Forward with Carbon-Neutral Tourism in Thailand

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

How many trees do I have to plant to make up for one black belching pick up that the cops cannot be bothered to stop ? 

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind

The answer is blowin' in the wind

- Bob Dylan 1963

utter  carp as  ususal.................so  tourists  flying  halfway round the world doesnt  produce  any problems..................duh,  guess they must all be walking here using paper sandals eating grass on the way etc

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is continuing its mission to expand the Carbon Neutral Tourism sector in Thailand, in accordance with the Thai government’s Bio-Circular-Green or BCG Economy Model.

An meanwhile, there are Corn Burning fires Annually that choke most of the Country.

Plastic trash being burned every day by many, both private and Corporate.

Poorly maintained Trucks and Tourist Buses belching Diesel Fumes

And on top of all this pollution, lets not forget the dumping of Trash into every Hedgerow and quiet Lane, and the throwing of dirty waste from food stall down into the Sewerage system that spews straight into the Ocean.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Do you all know that Carbon Dioxide is a trace gas. It is not even 1 percent of the atmosphere.

Some countries are charging their people a carbon tax, how ridiculous is that? Now TAT wants to

do something carbon neutral, how nice. It is time for al the BS to end. Just welcome back tourists and treat them

like they help the country by visiting Thailand. Get rid of some of the visa requirements. Make a 90 day vacation

possible without a visa. I am just hoping for a better future for us tourists. It would be nice if the expats could get

a break from the government as well.

CO2 percentage of atmosphere.jpg

AMEN brother !

8 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Do you all know that Carbon Dioxide is a trace gas. It is not even 1 percent of the atmosphere.

Some countries are charging their people a carbon tax, how ridiculous is that? Now TAT wants to

do something carbon neutral, how nice. It is time for al the BS to end. Just welcome back tourists and treat them

like they help the country by visiting Thailand. Get rid of some of the visa requirements. Make a 90 day vacation

possible without a visa. I am just hoping for a better future for us tourists. It would be nice if the expats could get

There is a problem with this inasmuch that it gives the impression that such a small amount of CO2 is not a problem. It is a big problem and it is getting bigger. Please read the following.

https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2019/07/30/co2-drives-global-warming/

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

utter  carp as  ususal.................so  tourists  flying  halfway round the world doesnt  produce  any problems..................duh,  guess they must all be walking here using paper sandals eating grass on the way etc

Good God man.

Everyone knows paper sandals are useless on water, you need plastic ones.

I suggest you go back to school,  ASAP. 

9 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Of that 0.04 around 96% of that is said to be from natural sources with the man made contribution being the rest. 

Very tired of this global warming sham. End of the world in 7 years blablabla. They've been wrong on that one for the last 40 or 50 years. 98% of scientist agree huh. It may be the end of the world shortly but only from nuclear winter.

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Of that 0.04 around 96% of that is said to be from natural sources with the man made contribution being the rest. 

CO2 emissions have doubled since the industrial revolution. They have been increasing at an accelerating pace as we approach the 1.5 degree required limit. Any steps taken, no matter how small and/or painful, to reduce carbon dioxide emissions are fine by me.  

What are you doing to help?

9 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Problem isn't volume but potency.

An analogy would be poison.

Inject yourself with a drop of Novichok and you're dead.

Yet that drop wouldn't represent 1% of your total volume.

That being said. That entire BCG plan seems extremely boring to me.

I remember back in the days, me and a friend of mine got bored in Phuket.

So we paid a bar girl to take us to her village and stay with her family.

She agreed and so we went.

My f*cking god !

After a couple of days, we both got influenza.

Sick, in the middle of nowhere, showering with buckets, sharting in a hole dung in some sort of tiny cabin. Man!

During the night being attacked by mosquitos and Jurassic Park lizards.

Locals didn't speak english.

I was like:

Edited by Baron Samedi

45 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

CO2 emissions have doubled since the industrial revolution. They have been increasing at an accelerating pace as we approach the 1.5 degree required limit. Any steps taken, no matter how small and/or painful, to reduce carbon dioxide emissions are fine by me.  

What are you doing to help?

I don't eat cows! Man made climate change of any great degree is a myth.

• Like 1

Whoa ... tough crowd. 

Although, they've been promoting eco-tourism since I've been here, with some successes.  

But agree, it is simply regurgitating the same ol'.