LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

Does anyone know what the BoI requirements are for the "Medical Certificate" for the work permit?

In one of the calls, the BoI rep said they weren't going to ask for blood tests for things like tertiary syphilis that are currently required under the annual renewal system outside of One Stop service.  That will be a welcome improvement.   But what do they ask for?

We're getting that strangely worded pop-up too.  For clarity, it might be helpful if they could have a native English speaker review the google translation before sticking it in the system.

4 hours ago, Misty said:

In one of the calls, the BoI rep said they weren't going to ask for blood tests for things like tertiary syphilis that are currently required under the annual renewal system outside of One Stop service.  That will be a welcome improvement.   But what do they ask for?

I wouldn't sweat it. Whenever I was asked for a medical certificate, I didn't even need to go to the hospital in person, let alone allowing them to draw blood for "syphilis tests" and the likes. Just send someone to get it with your passport details and a bit of cash.

2 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

Not very encouraging .

The guy is always negative on anything Thai. We are only 22 days into the LTR Visa as it stands. Lots of things to shake out but everything visa wise is the same when it first starts  lots of hiccups.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The guy is always negative on anything Thai. We are only 22 days into the LTR Visa as it stands. Lots of things to shake out but everything visa wise is the same when it first starts  lots of hiccups.

Also I think he has some digestive issues going on there

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

New today, went to the LTR BOI App to check the status of my application and instead of clicking check status I clicked the LTR button on top and this popped up.  Never had that happen before.  I was looking for the pop up with the phone numbers to call someone about the funky e-mails I have been receiving since no one else has been getting them.  Here is the latest pop up

image.png.74dfd02cdbcfad7fe2cbfaab8c24ee0c.png

I’ve also gotten this pop up but have not received any emails from BOI.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

I wouldn't sweat it. Whenever I was asked for a medical certificate, I didn't even need to go to the hospital in person, let alone allowing them to draw blood for "syphilis tests" and the likes. Just send someone to get it with your passport details and a bit of cash.

Ah, those were the good old days. For many years I didn't need any medical certificate. Things changed moe recently as I moved from One Stop Service/Multinational employment to CW/Local Labor Dept & small business owner.  And most recently I've had to provide blood test results along with the medical certificate. BoI said this wouldn't be the case with LTR.  I hope that proves true.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think he's talking his own book.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/23/2022 at 3:58 PM, Misty said:

Does anyone know what the BoI requirements are for the "Medical Certificate" for the work permit?

We're getting that strangely worded pop-up too.  For clarity, it might be helpful if they could have a native English speaker review the google translation before sticking it in the system.

I have worked for a BOI company 5 years, never asked for a medical certificate or health check ups

18 minutes ago, stuarty said:

Has anyone got the visa yet?

Too soon. Should start hearing about folks receiving approval letters this week.  BoI said expect 20 working days from acceptance of applications.  If someone had their application accepted on day 1 ( 1 Sep), that would be Wed, 28 Sep.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacrimas said:

I have worked for a BOI company 5 years, never asked for a medical certificate or health check ups

Yes, I had the same experience under One Stop Service Center.  Apparently the BoI briefly required medical certificates with all bells and whistles between Aug - Oct 2019, after which apparently there was an uproar from BoI companies and the requirement was withdrawn.

But in speaking to the BoI staff about the LTR program, they confirm a medical certificate is required for the digital work permit and it is the same one as required with a NonB visa/work permit combination.  Thank heavens I haven't yet contracted

• Mental illness or mental infirmity;
  • Leprosy, tuberculosis (at the infective stage), drug addiction, alcoholism, elephantiasis (at the symptomatic stage), or tertiary syphilis.

at least to my knowledge thus far. And good news that the medical certificate should only be needed once every 5 years instead of annually. But remains to be seen if copies of a blood test will be required.

• Like 1

Well, another e-mail today from the LTR-BOI Unit, but its like the many others I keep getting, which none of you seem to be getting.  Maybe you folks can check your spam folders and see if they did not drop into it. As you can see at he end of the actual message it says:  testboi02 BOI and has an e-mail for an individual.

Which makes me wonder if these are test messages meant for someone else and I somehow became the party they were also sent to. 

Not sure whose LTRWGC application number I have at the top of the message, but I applied only for a LTRWP Visa.

Here is the message I just received. It came from an email address of BOI_no-reply and sent to 

To: [email protected]; XXXXXXXXXXXXX with my e-mail where I have the XXXXXX

Dear All,

Please be advised the request below.

หมายเลขเอกสาร:

LTRWGC22090018

ประเภทวีซ่า:

Wealthy Global Citizens

วันที่ยื่นคำขอ:

10-09-2022

ชื่อ-สกุล:

xxxxxxxxxxx

อีเมล:

xxxxxxxxxxx

เบอร์โทรศัพท์:

xxxxxxxxxxx

สถานะ:

Qualification approved

เจ้าหน้าที่ที่รับผิดชอบ:

testboi02 BOI

อีเมล:

[email protected]

เบอร์โทรศัพท์:

Please contact 

your respective if the information above is inaccurate.

Best regards,

The Board of Investment of Thailand

• Application form for LTR Visa (TM.94)
  • Criteria and Conditions Acknowledgement Form for a Temporary Stay Permit in the Kingdom (LTR Visa) (STM.8)

Did they provide you with links to these forms yet, or does that come later? I assume they're as short as sweet as the usual immigration forms, but just curious to see what they look like. 

*Please prepare the visa processing fee on the appointment date as follows.

LTR Visa processing fee - 50,000 THB per person per 10 years

No mention yet of what payment methods they accept? Again, not a big deal, just curious.

Thanks for all the great updates! 

4 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Did they provide you with links to these forms yet, or does that come later? I assume they're as short as sweet as the usual immigration forms, but just curious to see what they look like. 

No mention yet of what payment methods they accept? Again, not a big deal, just curious.

The initial update they wanted was provided as an online electronic type of form. It was similar to page 3 on the original app.

Once the info is verified they will supply the certificate and then I need to make copies of certain documents, sort of like doing an annual extension.  Hopefully they supply the App form as well as the TM8.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stuarty said:

It is not clear to me whether a spouse and dependent (s) who are also “eligible for the same visa” have to PAY for their visa once the applicant is approved. Anyone know?

From the BoI's site, it looks like spouses/dependents who are eligible may have to create their own separate login on the BoI's site (https://visa.boi.go.th/login )  create a dependent visa application, and then submit documents themselves as a separate but related process.  Presumably once the dependent's application is approved, they would then pay for their own separate visa.

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

For those applying for an LTR e-visa outside of Thailand, the acceptable forms of payment are probably the same as for any e-visa - either a credit or debit card.  Don't know about people going to BoI to collect the visa though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Misty said:

For those applying for an LTR e-visa outside of Thailand, the acceptable forms of payment are probably the same as for any e-visa - either a credit or debit card.  Don't know about people going to BoI to collect the visa though.

Waiting on the Certificate to arrive by e-mail or on the App, at which time it should tell me how to pay the 50K.  If you look at the e-mail they sent me they do not list the fee's because the amount could be more or less based upon the exchange rate using the home country currency.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Waiting on the Certificate to arrive by e-mail or on the App, at which time it should tell me how to pay the 50K.  If you look at the e-mail they sent me they do not list the fee's because the amount could be more or less based upon the exchange rate using the home country currency.

Ah, ok - for some reason I thought you would be getting the visa at Chamchuri. Someone a week or two ago posted the fee that would be charged at the Thai embassy in their country - I don't remember which one - and it was quite a bit higher than 50k THB, since they tend to use a poor exchange rate and then adjust upwards to the nearest round number. 

5 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Ah, ok - for some reason I thought you would be getting the visa at Chamchuri. Someone a week or two ago posted the fee that would be charged at the Thai embassy in their country - I don't remember which one - and it was quite a bit higher than 50k THB, since they tend to use a poor exchange rate and then adjust upwards to the nearest round number. 

I will be getting the Visa at the One-stop BOI Office on the 18th floor of Chamchuri Square.  It will be 50K Baht, no other fee's should be charged like at some of the embassies or consulates outside of Thailand. 

I live in Bangkok, not more than 1km from the BOI.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

RTE London quotes GBP1,500 for LTR Visa which is quite a lot more than current exchange rate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I will be getting the Visa at the One-stop BOI Office on the 18th floor of Chamchuri Square.  It will be 50K Baht, no other fee's should be charged like at some of the embassies or consulates outside of Thailand. 

I live in Bangkok, not more than 1km from the BOI.

Congrats Ryan. Well done.

I see you also posted in the Volunteer/Elite thread earlier but couldn't work out if you had one of 'the' volunteer visa's previously.

If you'd be able to confirm/deny either here or by PM it'd be much appreciated to aid those looking for alternatives to the Elite after being barred from its application.

I was also just approved. Unfortunately, I am no longer in Thailand and don’t have any plans to return within the next 60 days…   I’ve tried calling the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles numerous times over the past several weeks and no one ever answers the phone.  If I go to Los Angeles and walk in, I’m confident that they will turn me away and tell me that I have to first make an appointment.  I will ask how I do that and I’m pretty sure they will tell me that I need to call them to do that....   I’ve also just sent my Passport in for renewal so the Passport on my LTR application is no longer valid

-          Is an E-Visa possible?  How would I go about doing that?

-          How do I pay the 50,000 Baht.  How much will the Embassy add as a surcharge via unfavorable exchange rate or other charges?

-          Can someone pay at the Chamchuri office for me, and then I can get the passport stamp at a later date?

I have lots of questions.

• Like 2