Eleven Conservatives now bidding to be next UK prime minister

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did you bother reading the OP?

It gave a clue as to what is actually the topic of discussion.

We cannot mention a Labour MP embarrassment in the context of this discussion..?

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I take it you mist Patel’s dog whistle remarks ‘North London Liberal Elite’.

A term often used by the British Nationalist Party.

Anyway, don’t let that interrupt your outrage.

There is nothing racist/fascist about referring to the North London Liberal Elite. Not sure what that has to do with the BNP anyway? Are you trying to create some tenuous link between Patel and the BNP? ????

So you are essentially defending the poster who compared Patel with the Nazi's by drawing your own ridiculous comparison between Patel and the BNP. ????

As a Labour die hard looking so hard for prejudice, may I suggest you stop clutching at straws and refer you to Anti-Semitism within your own party?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did you bother reading the OP?

It gave a clue as to what is actually the topic of discussion.

Sorry, am I interrupting your comparisons of Patel with the Nazis and the BNP?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

There is nothing racist/fascist about referring to the North London Liberal Elite. Not sure what that has to do with the BNP anyway? Are you trying to create some tenuous link between Patel and the BNP? ????

So you are essentially defending the poster who compared Patel with the Nazi's by drawing your own ridiculous comparison between Patel and the BNP. ????

As a Labour die hard looking so hard for prejudice, may I suggest you stop clutching at straws and refer you to Anti-Semitism within your own party?

Here’s the funny bit, Patel isn’t even standing for the office of PM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11003777/Priti-Patel-urged-not-run-Tory-leadership-split-Right-party.html

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s the funny bit, Patel isn’t even standing for the office of PM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11003777/Priti-Patel-urged-not-run-Tory-leadership-split-Right-party.html

Not sure what's so amusing about Patel not running. You must be easily amused ????.

The Tories have a wealth of talent. I can think of at least 10 MP's that would make a great PM. Hence so many runners in the race.

Labour can't even find one. Hence you're stuck with the serial loser Starmer and his merry bunch of misfits. Who would replace Starmer? Abbott? Rayner? Lammy? Nandy?  ???? Even Boris smashed you and got an 80 seat majority. Even as a Conservative voter I'd have to admit that was more about Labour's incompetence than anything out of the ordinary that Boris did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It happened, so clearly you can.

But it doesn’t stop it being off topic whataboutary.

If I was a Labour supporter I wouldn't want her ridiculous level of incompetence being highlighted either.

Unfortunately she doesn't know how to stop attracting negative headlines.

Obviously the left wing Met Police did nothing about this either... Probably too busy painting rainbows on their faces, or taking the knee to the Marxist BLM.

image.png.08eef5a715c582769f0e16b98979cad9.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If I was a Labour supporter I wouldn't want her ridiculous level of incompetence being highlighted either.

Unfortunately she doesn't know how to stop attracting negative headlines.

Obviously the left wing Met Police did nothing about this either... Probably too busy painting rainbows on their faces, or taking the knee to the Marxist BLM.

image.png.08eef5a715c582769f0e16b98979cad9.png

More off topic nonsense, singling out Dianne Abbot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

So the Tories are looking for a new leader. Preferably a Brexiter and someone who will give Starmer a bloody good hiding.

How about Jeremy Corbyn, then....????

The Conservatives are very happy to see beer Kier and his uncontrollable sidekick sitting opposite.....????

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It's Dianne Abbott, the problem is, your Labour haven't singled her far enough out.

You cannot deny she is an embarrassment which the electorate know about. Even Corby did nothing about her....????

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, RayC said:

I don't find the Nazi hat/ Pritti Patel joke particularly amusing, and it's arguably in 'bad taste', but do those Conservative supporters now expressing faux outrage believe that a high-profile Tory such as Patel should be exempt from ridicule and satire because of her ethnicity? Bit of a lefty-liberal, Woke reaction, isn't it?

Glad you realised it was meat as a JOKE. Nothing more.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Not sure what's so amusing about Patel not running. You must be easily amused ????.

The Tories have a wealth of talent. I can think of at least 10 MP's that would make a great PM. Hence so many runners in the race.

You're right, the first line of your first paragraph isn't that amusing. But you made amends with the first line of your second paragraph. That's an absolute cracker????

Edited by RayC
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You're obviously very uncomfortable with anyone mentioning that Dianne Abbott is on the front bench of the Labour Party.

I would be too. 2 left shoes, the maths, the Corbyn affair, the drinking on public transport etc. It's all a bit embarrassing isn't it?

Unfortunately Rayner, Starmer, Nandy etc. offer no respite. 

Get used to Tory power for another decade.

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You're obviously very uncomfortable with anyone mentioning that Dianne Abbott is on the front bench of the Labour Party.

I would be too. 2 left shoes, the maths, the Corbyn affair, the drinking on public transport etc. It's all a bit embarrassing isn't it?

Unfortunately Rayner, Starmer, Nandy etc. offer no respite. 

Get used to Tory power for another decade.

Not at all.

I simply see the constant references to Abbot for what they are, an attempt to divert the discussion off topic and away from examining candidates for the office of PM.

The term ‘whataboutary’ comes to mind.

• Like 2

A selected PM is no more than lipstick on a pig. They make no difference at all and the agenda's will move forward unabated. Al Johnson was just a distraction to keep the plebs guffawing and cheering whilst they forgot that after 12 years of tory mishandling, and the blair years before that, the UK is basically a gutted shell on the verge of mass starvation, followed by civil unrest. 

Anyway, just so you know, Army boy Tugenhat will win. The only one of that sorry lot to go to bildeberg 2022 so clearly he has already been selected. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RayC said:

Abbott is not on Labour's front bench.

I'm not sure who is currently in Cabinet as it seems to change on an hourly basis, but Raab, Truss, Rees-Moog, Clark, Patel, etc. Those individuals' presence is meant to reassure the UK electorate?

Oh that's right, she's currently off the front bench. It's hard to keep up, she's on and off that bench with the same regularity that she was on and off Corbyn in the 70's.

Back on topic, we're down to 8 now. I'm sure the lefties will be surprised and dismayed to see such a wide range of ethnic backgrounds and an equal split of men and women. All based on merit and without the need for box ticking. Marvellous. If only the Labour party had such wide ranging talent we might have a decent opposition that could hold the government to account instead of petty point scoring and oneupmanship.

With Raab and The Moggster out of the running, I'm backing Liz Truss. That would be the 3rd female PM for the Tories. I wonder how many the 'progressive' Labour party have had? Hmmmm. Interesting...

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Oh that's right, she's currently off the front bench. It's hard to keep up, she's on and off that bench with the same regularity that she was on and off Corbyn in the 70's.

Back on topic, we're down to 8 now. I'm sure the lefties will be surprised and dismayed to see such a wide range of ethnic backgrounds and an equal split of men and women. All based on merit and without the need for box ticking. Marvellous. If only the Labour party had such wide ranging talent we might have a decent opposition that could hold the government to account instead of petty point scoring and oneupmanship.

With Raab and The Moggster out of the running, I'm backing Liz Truss. That would be the 3rd female PM for the Tories. I wonder how many the 'progressive' Labour party have had? Hmmmm. Interesting...

I think I would have a preference for Kemi Badenoch.   She is an actual bona fide believer in free speech and conservative values, and is untainted by the Boris government.   It would also be amusing to watch the racists on the left tie themselves in knots over her becoming PM as well,  proving that you do not actually need to exclude white people for black people to get to the top - as long as they are good enough of course.     

• Like 1