Eleven Conservatives now bidding to be next UK prime minister

CharlieH

Uh oh…sunak and truss choking…bodes well for leadership under them.

Opposition must be attempting to put their posteriors back on after laughing them off. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/18/rishi-sunak-liz-truss-set-to-miss-third-tory-leadership-debate-sky?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Well well, that is interesting, seems like the momentum now will shift to one or two of the others who previously lost out a bit in the public mudslinging race.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

See you are still living in the past like most Tories. So let's move that further back should we in your fantasy world and just say the French have never forgiven us for the battle of Waterloo  ???? 

But your attempts at deflecting this thread yet again has come unstuck, just like whomever is chosen as the new PM from the remaining 5 will come unstuck along with the party that they represent.

Just report me ol' chum, many do when I hit a nerve with my thoughts...

But, let's hope Liz gets through to do the job, Rishi must be sidelined...????

Liz.thumb.jpg.59f37e0845806c0e67b9a489150739c2.jpg

Liz4.jpg.c29180d16b96b2d05be051f2b8e94e7b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well well, that is interesting if true, but not heard it confirmed on Sky yet so just turned it on again. to check. Seems like the momentum now will shift to one or two of the others who previously lost out a bit in the public mudslinging race.

Sky just confirmed it. 

Edited by Excel
update
  • Like 1

“Tom Tugendhat has been knocked out of the Tory leadership race after only receiving 31 votes in the third round of the vote.

Graham Brady said 357 votes were cast in the third round of the vote.

The results for the other candidates are as follows: Kemi Badenoch received 58, Penny Mordaunt got 82, Rishi Sunak got 115 and Liz Truss received 71.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/18/tory-leadership-third-ballot-rishi-sunak-liz-truss-penny-mordaunt-kemi-badenoch-tom-tugendhat-live?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

22 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Kemi Badenoch has data me an about turn on ‘Net Zero’.

Well obviously her previously expressed views were deeply held.

Of course they weren’t, she just tells people what she thinks they want to hear.

She’s done it again.

Arguably the fastest ever u-turn.

Kemi Badenoch is now saying she’s again against ‘Net Zero’.

Who was it singing her praises?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She’s done it again.

Arguably the fastest ever u-turn.

Kemi Badenoch is now saying she’s again against ‘Net Zero’.

Who was it singing her praises?

Toxic woman - trying to introduce US style "Culture wars" into the debate - but she will be out of the running in 15 minutes

• Like 2

And then there were three…c’mon red liz, there’s time yet.  

(sarcasm alert)

Rishi Sunak - 118 (up 3)

Penny Mordaunt - 92 (up 10)

Liz Truss - 86 (up 15)

Kemi Badenoch - 59 (up 1)

Edited by Bluespunk

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Excellent news for the opposition parties…truss is still in with a chance. 

Just her and sunak left. 

dom cummings has taken it well…

“Dominic Cummings

@Dominic2306

Totally on-brand for ERG to back a truly useless Remainer who did nothing in govt except gabble with hacks cos she’s reassuringly mad behind the eyes.”

Liz for the job, hoorah, hoorah....????

But never mind, chap, at least the blues still in power will give you loads more time to have a pop at them.....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So, Truss and Sunak remaining. 

Truss was always my second choice behind Kemi so obviously I'm hoping she wins ahead of Sunak. 

Politically I like Truss' views on things like her economic libertarian views, anti woke stance, smaller state, less regulations etc.  She also did a good job securing trade deals post Brexit. Her ability to do so despite being a Remainer shows a mature stance and a willingness to accept the will of the people, a lesson that many on this forum could learn from. Like me, she also flirted with Labour and the Lib dems in her youth before waking up to smell the coffee and moving to the Conservatives. This shows a level of intelligence and a willingness to change and admit your mistakes.

Sunak's tax and spend stance on the other hand is not what I'm looking for. I don't think he'd be a great election winner either so we'd have to rely on Starmer staying at the top of Labour to secure yet another victory. If Starmer left and they got someone likeable, someone with a personality who knew what a woman is, we could have a battle on our hands at the next General Election.

Unfortunately, I predict Sunak will win. If he does, I can only hope he makes Truss or Kemi his deputy PM and that Starmer retains his position (and keeps Abbott, Rayner, Nandy, Lammy et.al alongside him to complete the image of incompetence).

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Excellent news for the opposition parties…truss is still in with a chance. 

Just her and sunak left. 

dom cummings has taken it well…

“Dominic Cummings

@Dominic2306

Totally on-brand for ERG to back a truly useless Remainer who did nothing in govt except gabble with hacks cos she’s reassuringly mad behind the eyes.”

I never knew you paid so much attention to the opinion of Dominic Cummings.

Don't worry about the opposition, they still have Starmer.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Liz for the job, hoorah, hoorah....????

But never mind, chap, at least the blues still in power will give you loads more time to have a pop at them.....????

Yep truss will be a gift horse to the opposition. Appallingly stilted performances in the debates with no engagement with the audience. 

Go red liz. 

• Haha 1