Man charged with raping Ohio girl, 10, who was denied abortion

CharlieH

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Wow. Such a massive trek. 3 hours. 

The 17 hour flight my young sons went on from Malaysia to LA pales in comparison. ????

And did your sons have an operation or an abortion during that period as the 10 year old girl did?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

What twisted logic makes abortion a states rights issue? If ever there was a policy screaming out for a national approach this is it.

That "twisted" logic was called the constitution. The tenth amendment states that only those powers that are specifically enumerated belong to the federal government.  All other belong to the states. It was only after liberal Franklin Roosevelt tried to pack the court when he didn't get his way that the court ruled that those activities that involved interstate commerce could be controlled by the federal government.  That opened up most activities.  Not abortion however. It is a states right issue.  in 20 states abortions remain unchanged plus the District of Columbia.  The other 30 states have various restrictions and are free to enact whatever legislation their citizens deem appropriate. 

image.png.f1f567e5004f285ac283195024b564e0.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Great idea. Blame the 10 year old victim for not reporting it or going to hospital.

Not blaming, merely pointing out that she did have options.  Additionally as mentioned this case represents a "miniscule" portion of the abortions.  There were 622,000 abortions in the USA last year and 42% of them were to people seeking their second, third, or fourth abortion.  Not 9 year old girls raped.  The left points to the most aggregious case and tries to make it seem that is the norm. 

I am fully in agreement that abortion should be an option in the case of rape, incest, to save the mothers life, or if the child is shown to have a significant birth defect.  That would mean that abortions would be the "exception" and not the go to for irreponsible sexual behavior. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

It’s about this girls case, not anybody else and no she had very limited options. A medical termination at 5 or 6 weeks is not a pleasant experience for anyone, let alone a 10 year old. It involves many hours   at the hospital after taking the medication to wait for the induced abortion. For a 10 year old this would be horrific

Almost as horrific as a 17 hour flight to LA according to one poster.

Total BS on his part.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

So some words on a piece of paper over 200 years ago carry more weight than the reality of today. Why not leave what properly belongs in the 18th century and come into the 21st century of today.

Yes they have served the country well through its first 250 years.  Does the European Union countries all have the same abortion policy or is each country allowed to make its own rules.  The USA was deliberately set up as a Republic to give the states as much control and limit what they feared was a domineering federal government.  Why shouldn't the people of Texas or Florida say what happens in their state versus what is allowed in Maine or New Hampshire.  No different than Germany having a different policy than Poland despite the fact they border each other. 

image.png.d2bef24f56eaa4e2a0c19a7e3d5f136d.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, coolcarer said:

It’s about this girls case, not anybody else and no she had very limited options. A medical termination at 5 or 6 weeks is not a pleasant experience for anyone, let alone a 10 year old. It involves many hours   at the hospital after taking the medication to wait for the induced abortion. For a 10 year old this would be horrific

Oh so its "much better" she waited until later in the pregnacy so that the abortion is a more "pleasant experience"  I was born at night but not last night. 

As said, I don't blame the girl, she did have options but for whatever reason did not avail herself of them.  But this pointing to her case and claiming it as a rationale for wholesale abortion is like the NRA seeing a case where a man used a machine gun to protect his family from intruders and using that to justify that everyone should legally be allowed to own a machine gun.  

I favor abortion rights in cases of rape, incest, to save the mothers life, or if the child has severe birth defects.  Those however do not amount to the 622,000 cases of abortion in the USA each year.  The fact that 42% of those people who had an abortion were having their second, third, or fourth shows pretty clearly they were not a huge contingent of rape victims but rather a group of people both men and women who though they claimed to want "control of their body" chose not to take control of their body when deciding to have sex. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Oh so its "much better" she waited until later in the pregnacy so that the abortion is a more "pleasant experience"  I was born at night but not last night. 

As said, I don't blame the girl, she did have options but for whatever reason did not avail herself of them.  But this pointing to her case and claiming it as a rationale for wholesale abortion is like the NRA seeing a case where a man used a machine gun to protect his family from intruders and using that to justify that everyone should legally be allowed to own a machine gun.  

I favor abortion rights in cases of rape, incest, to save the mothers life, or if the child has severe birth defects.  Those however do not amount to the 622,000 cases of abortion in the USA each year.  The fact that 42% of those people who had an abortion were having their second, third, or fourth shows pretty clearly they were not a huge contingent of rape victims but rather a group of people both men and women who though they claimed to want "control of their body" chose not to take control of their body when deciding to have sex. 

Are you for real? She was just 9 when raped, it was not for a few weeks before it was discovered she was pregnant, how would she know until symptoms appeared and was able to tell her mother?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

It's a 10 year old girl... a child....how does she have 'options' or the ability to make adult decisions ?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

American women are welcome to leave their  theocracy and have an abortion in Canada. We treat abortions as a medical issue between a woman/girl and her doctor. Therefore there are no laws restricting them in any matter nation wide 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

It's a 10 year old girl... a child....how does she have 'options' or the ability to make adult decisions ?!

Several things.  First off the left would have you believe that she has the right to "select her gender"  

Also, does this girl not have parents?  

Finally, are you arguing that she didn't have the ability at 3 weeks pregant to get an abortion but suddenly she gained infinite amount of wisdom at lets say 14 weeks of pregnancy to have an abortion. 

As said I would favor an abortion in the case of rape, incest, to save the mothers life or if the child had severe birth defects  But using this child as the "example" of why their should be wholesale abortion is disingenous.  It is taking the very infintisamal number of cases like hers and trying to portray it as the norm.  The norm is that 42% of those women going in for an abortion are having their second, third, or fourth.  Those are not "rape victims' They are people that were irresponsible.  Even they had the opportunity following unprotected sex to go to a pharmacy and without a prescription purchase  a pill that would end the pregnancy for up to 5 days after having sex.   Or were these people also lacking the ability to make such an adult decision. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Unbelievable lack of insight into a child’s emotions and trauma. 

Which part of I favor abortions for a victim of rape did you miss the first three times I posted it.  

However, I also posted this three times.  Using this as an example to justify the 622,000 abortions is disingenous.  This case represents the infinisimal amount of unwanted pregancies not the norm. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Several things.  First off the left would have you believe that she has the right to "select her gender"  

Also, does this girl not have parents?  

Finally, are you arguing that she didn't have the ability at 3 weeks pregant to get an abortion but suddenly she gained infinite amount of wisdom at lets say 14 weeks of pregnancy to have an abortion. 

As said I would favor an abortion in the case of rape, incest, to save the mothers life or if the child had severe birth defects  But using this child as the "example" of why their should be wholesale abortion is disingenous.  It is taking the very infintisamal number of cases like hers and trying to portray it as the norm.  The norm is that 42% of those women going in for an abortion are having their second, third, or fourth.  Those are not "rape victims' They are people that were irresponsible.  Even they had the opportunity following unprotected sex to go to a pharmacy and without a prescription purchase  a pill that would end the pregnancy for up to 5 days after having sex.   Or were these people also lacking the ability to make such an adult decision. 

"Several things.  First off the left would have you believe that she has the right to "select her gender""

OK, here come the pitifully lame diversions....:coffee1:

"Also, does this girl not have parents?"

You talk with such surety about the case yet you haven't even familiarized yourself with the basic details??

"Finally, are you arguing that she didn't have the ability at 3 weeks pregnant to get an abortion but suddenly she gained infinite amount of wisdom at lets say 14 weeks of pregnancy to have an abortion."

If you're gonna post such drivel I suggest you better just take a break and go watch Fox "news". Talking about a 10 y/o girls "having options" and why didn't she just do this instead of that clearly shows you haven't got the foggiest.

We're talking about a 10 y/o child!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Which part of I favor abortions for a victim of rape did you miss the first three times I posted it.  

However, I also posted this three times.  Using this as an example to justify the 622,000 abortions is disingenous.  This case represents the infinisimal amount of unwanted pregancies not the norm. 

If you had left my post intact without deleting it all, then it was very clear what I was referring to in your total lack of insight. Here below……….the rest of your deflection on guns and other rapes is just that, pure deflection. 

51 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

As said, I don't blame the girl, she did have options but for whatever reason did not avail herself of them.  

Edited by coolcarer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

And yet you continue to question a 10 y/o child's decision making?!

What I said, was that saying the child lacked the decision making capability at 3 weeks pregnant to have an abortion and suddenly gaining that "adult wisdom" at 13 weeks pregant to have an abortion is nonsensicle. 

However the main point is that the left is using this as the poster case for why we should allow wholesale abortion.  That is like th National Rifle Association seeing a case where a person used a machine gun to save the lives of his family from intruders and using that as a basis to justify allowing everyone to own a machine gun. 

They are pointing to the infintisimal amount of cases that I believe most people would favor.  Rape, incest, life of the mother, or a child with severe birth defects.  Not the 42% of the 622,000 abortions to people who want "control of their body" but somehow did not want to control it with a birth control pill, condom or day after pill.  

Assuming that the facts are that the girl was raped, and was too embarrassed or lacked the judgement to go to her parents or authorities I believe she should have been allowed to have an abortion. 

What is especially hypocritical is that many of the same people who are now claiming this girl at age 10 lacked the intellectual ability to go to her parents or police, claim that a 5 year old should be able to decide on their gender identity.  

Abortion remains unchanged in 20 states and the District of Columbia.  At will.  Most of Europe denies abortion at timeframes ranging from typically from 8 to 14 weeks with Malta, Poland, and Litchenstein having total bans.  So the USA is not any different than Europe.  Different areas have different laws.  

In Ohio abortion is still permitted until a fetal heartbeat is detected.  That would be 4 - 6 weeks after the rape.  The fact she had to travel to another state to have an abortion only shows she still had a choice albeit an inconvenient one. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

What I said, was that saying the child lacked the decision making capability at 3 weeks pregnant to have an abortion and suddenly gaining that "adult wisdom" at 13 weeks pregant to have an abortion is nonsensicle. 

However the main point is that the left is using this as the poster case for why we should allow wholesale abortion.  That is like th National Rifle Association seeing a case where a person used a machine gun to save the lives of his family from intruders and using that as a basis to justify allowing everyone to own a machine gun. 

They are pointing to the infintisimal amount of cases that I believe most people would favor.  Rape, incest, life of the mother, or a child with severe birth defects.  Not the 42% of the 622,000 abortions to people who want "control of their body" but somehow did not want to control it with a birth control pill, condom or day after pill.  

Assuming that the facts are that the girl was raped, and was too embarrassed or lacked the judgement to go to her parents or authorities I believe she should have been allowed to have an abortion. 

What is especially hypocritical is that many of the same people who are now claiming this girl at age 10 lacked the intellectual ability to go to her parents or police, claim that a 5 year old should be able to decide on their gender identity.  

Abortion remains unchanged in 20 states and the District of Columbia.  At will.  Most of Europe denies abortion at timeframes ranging from typically from 8 to 14 weeks with Malta, Poland, and Litchenstein having total bans.  So the USA is not any different than Europe.  Different areas have different laws.  

In Ohio abortion is still permitted until a fetal heartbeat is detected.  That would be 4 - 6 weeks after the rape.  The fact she had to travel to another state to have an abortion only shows she still had a choice albeit an inconvenient one. 

No what you're saying is nonsense and includes a complete lack of the facts of the case. She was 9 when raped, a nine year old does not even know what that is! It was 5/6 weeks later when the abortion took place not 13. Only after her mother was made aware of what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1