3 die in Chiang Rai shooting

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2022-07-14T192820.876.png

Three people have been killed and three others injured by a gunman in the Mae Suai district of the northern Thai province of Chiang Rai this afternoon (Thursday).

The gunman, whose identity is not known at the time of this report, was arrested and is currently being questioned by police.

Police say that some pets were also killed.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/3-die-in-chiang-rai-shooting/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 6
  • Thanks 2

Drug-Crazed Gunman Kills 3 In Shooting Spree At Chiang Rai Village

TNR Staff

image.jpeg

A DRUG-CRAZED unemployed gunman went on a shooting spree at a Chiang Rai village killing three persons including a four-year-old girl and injuring two others this afternoon (July 14), Matichon newspaper said.

Upon getting a report from Mr. Manop Boonyuenkul, headman of Pa Kia village in Tha Ko subdistrict, Mae Suai district, at 12.30 p.m. that Mr. Anucha Jabo, 26, was randomly killing villagers Pol, Lt. Gen. Piya Tawichai, head of the Provincial Police Region 5, quickly sent a strong team to apprehend the active shooter.

Upon arriving the police team found that the drug-crazed man armed with a shotgun had already killed the three persons and injured two others and it was four hours before they were finally able to catch him in a forest at the end of the village and seize his shotgun and five remaining bullets.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/07/14/drug-crazed-gunman-kills-3-in-shooting-spree-at-chiang-rai-village/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-07-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

No, a gun ended the lives of the victims, not drugs.

Read the story again.  The deaths weren't caused by drug overdoses.

The gun didn't end the lives of the victims.

The bullet in fact ended the lives of the victims. 

I don't think people realise how messed up these people are.  The typical slum inhabitants quit or get thrown out of highschool, they spend the rest of their time drinking, beating their children and taking drugs before dying in a doorway.  Don't give them guns.

Edited by markclover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Or alcohol should be treated the same as drugs?

As they say, everything in moderation if it's legal, excess kills, usually ones self, i.e. self inflicted long painful death, no real cause to others apart from heart ache and grief with regards to alcohol, unless it's mixed with other drugs IMO.

So a "mass shooting".  How very sad.  And he chose to aim at and shoot a child. 

I wonder how many acts of "Thainess" (not saying anything about something that doesn't concern you, ignoring rules and laws, not doing anything to criticise or point out something negative, etc.) contributed to this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A DRUG-CRAZED

It's all about the odds.  Statistics, people.

The Shan state is one of the biggest Opium producers in the WORLD.     CR isn't that far away.  Burma, Thailand, China, Australia.......the drugs flow.

This is the main reason I don't live in CR.   When there's a crazy amount of supply, things can happen.   Live in the zoo and you worry about animals.  Live in the ocean and you worry about drowning.    Not saying CR is 100% unsafe.....but you gotta bump up the odds by about 10 to 20%.     I wouldn't live in Ukraine or Russia right now, not saying everyone there is dead.  you understand.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Wouldn't go well if it was Anutin's approved medicinal medicine would it.

Clearly you have access to a mountain of data re Cannabis that decades of research by the world's drug agencies have failed to uncover. Care to share it?

Back in your cave.

23 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

Clearly you have access to a mountain of data re Cannabis that decades of research by the world's drug agencies have failed to uncover. Care to share it?

Back in your cave.

If you could understand what you read, it would be much simpler to explain, perhaps you should start reading and understanding again, but ok, one more time for the d-mmies out there, I said, "wouldn't it".

Off you go now like a good wittle boy and smoke your legal gunja now.

4 hours ago, chricha said:

The reality is if all drugs were regulated and controlled like tobacco and alcohol there would be no profit incentive for organised crime including terrorists.

The BILLIONS of dollars in the illegal drug trade means that all levels of society are corrupted by this extraordinary flow of money.

It starts with the poor farmers in Afghanistan, Myanmar, Columbia etc. who get a pittance for their crops but ends up on the street for ten thousand times the crop cost due to the danger money required to entice criminals to smuggle the goods often at risk of their lives.

If regulated the taxes garnished from the legal sale could be then applied to rehab programs for the unfortunate victims.

These victims would not be forced underground hiding their problems until they blow up and kill innocents.

A 4yo girl is gone - my heart goes out to the parents and the others who lost their lives.

We have woken up to the fact that guzzling gas is bad for the planet.

Lets wake up to the fact that drugs are always going to be there and some people will take them.

When they are illegal it adds to the spice of the forbidden and of course the cost for us all.

I agree, and I've never been into illicit drugs. The "war on drugs" has been lost. Time for a different approach.

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

No, a gun ended the lives of the victims, not drugs.

Read the story again.  The deaths weren't caused by drug overdoses.

I Think his point is : the drugs caused him to go on a shooting rampage. How long had he lived in or near the village? What was his normal/ soba state, was he quiet, respectful, loud, violent? PS GUNS DONT KILL. Guns are used  to kill people by people who have guns.

5 minutes ago, Ginner said:

I Think his point is : the drugs caused him to go on a shooting rampage. How long had he lived in or near the village? What was his normal/ soba state, was he quiet, respectful, loud, violent? PS GUNS DONT KILL. Guns are used  to kill people by people who have guns.

And guns aren't used to kill people by people that don't have guns. Furthermore, I've long thought that the average person is too careless and irresponsible to own firearms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Or alcohol should be treated the same as drugs?

Alcohol is a drug. It intoxicates and removes inhibitions.

I have no problem with all drugs being legalized, the evidence is countries that have decriminalized drug use experience lower crime rates. The only caveat I have is a person committing a crime under the influence of any drug gets treated in court as if they were stone cold sober.

• Like 2