Talks to Discuss Curbing Post-Holiday Activities

webfact

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

A booster every four months. Everybody in a permanent line to get shot up at least three times per year.

Oh the sarcasm of your post, so rich and dripping.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Problem is you are already terrified and you want everybody else to be terrified too, well sorry but i refuse,  I might add that I have no real  problem with wearing a mask or indeed any other protective measures but I object to these so called experts trying to put the fear of god into people on a daily basis. I've had covid twice  the original version and the joke called omicron both only a minor inconvenience I have been considerably more unwell with other flu like viruses many times in the past and with out exception everybody I know who has also had covid has said the same thing   strange that isn't it?

Dream another Dream far from fearful 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

New breed of scaremongering experts? Please explain, no one is scaremongering and these people have been in place the entire pandemic.  If you believe Covid has disappeared, you could not be more wrong.  Instead of being like the West and Europe where they have moved on and cases are rising and mask wearing being looked at again Thailand is trying to ensure the cases do not get out of control and the hospitals impacted. As you can see the hospitalized covid cases in Bangkok are starting to rise.  Some people who bring their personal freedoms and rights with them from their own country will never understand the true Asian culture and the way things are done in those countries.  Enjoy your narrow view.

With 13% of the nations hospital beds (42% in Bangkok) occupied with covid cases, the 'trying to ensure the cases do not get out of control' train has left the station some time ago.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mrfill said:

With 13% of the nations hospital beds (42% in Bangkok) occupied with covid cases, the 'trying to ensure the cases do not get out of control' train has left the station some time ago.

You've missed it, the cases being admitted are growing like elsewhere in the world.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

As this has been the continuing norm of authorities the world over. 

Dreaming up and speculating greatly of numbers and stats to harbour their agendas. 

Repeated loud and often enough. 

Harboring agendas, nice one.....

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

As this has been the continuing norm of authorities the world over. 

Dreaming up and speculating greatly of numbers and stats to harbour their agendas. 

Repeated loud and often enough. 

its quite amazing how some people . some of whom appear to be  reasonably intelligent , suddenly start believing what the governments tell them as soon as they start getting a little  frightened . It must give them some comfort I suppose

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He cautioned that the risk of transmission is greatest in the capital due to its size and population, high commuter mobility and frequent mass activities.

Like working?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Without stating what the daily cases are anymore makes one wonder if 42% of Bangkok's hospital beds are full.  In the past when they popped over 50% they started to set up field hospitals.  I am unsure if any field hospitals are still in operation at this point in time.

Nah, that would send out the wrong signals.. home isolation and secrecy is the way to go.

16 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Problem is you are already terrified and you want everybody else to be terrified too, well sorry but i refuse,  I might add that I have no real  problem with wearing a mask or indeed any other protective measures but I object to these so called experts trying to put the fear of god into people on a daily basis. I've had covid twice  the original version and the joke called omicron both only a minor inconvenience I have been considerably more unwell with other flu like viruses many times in the past and with out exception everybody I know who has also had covid has said the same thing   strange that isn't it?

It goes somewhat further than your own personal experiences, but you may well be correct that YOU have nothing to fear. Rising hospital admissions does tell others that many are getting serious symptoms... they don't admit people into hospital unless they have good reason. I have a few acquittances who had covid who will never say anything again....do you perhaps move in a younger demographic?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It goes somewhat further than your own personal experiences, but you may well be correct that YOU have nothing to fear. Rising hospital admissions does tell others that many are getting serious symptoms... they don't admit people into hospital unless they have good reason. I have a few acquittances who had covid who will never say anything again....do you perhaps move in a younger demographic?

Just received a message from a friend this morning. He and his family went to Pattaya for the long weekend, 6 of them. Returned Sunday night and the kids were already feeling under the weather, they thought just fatigue as they played in the ocean, on the beach and in the pool at the hotel they stayed at. This morning they tested at home since the kids stayed home from school yesterday, all 6 have covid and the grandmother is having a hard time with it. He indicated they would be calling an ambulance to take her to the hospital. The kids he said are completely wiped out with no energy and fevers, he and his wife have headaches and fever and the grandfather has no symptoms........just goes to tell you it hits people differently.  Not fearful of the virus, but careful to try and avoid large groups and non mask wearing individuals. Wishing them a speedy recovery.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well given the incubation period there is no proof that the family caught covid whilst in Pattaya or contracted it prior to leaving for their holiday. People should really still give more thought as to the sense of rushing out to join crowds for weekend holidays if they are concerned about covid still or else just accept millions will become infected, most mildly, as has happened in other countries where all restrictions have been lifted.

I don't think there's a strict incubation period. In my experience it was just two days. A few weeks ago my daughter came down with it, very high fever, 2 days after travelling in a school mini bus with the rest of her football team, 8 players in the bus caught it at the same time after they had been to another school for a match.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

60+ smoked for around 45 years not particularly fit although not overweight but I have had 3 jabs , however they were after my 1st covid  infection. You say that they don't admit people to hospital for no reason. but hasn't been my experience in Thailand, i was banged up for 7 days and others I know got a 10 day sentence. all symptomless Many really old people in the village here have had it and only one death (80 year old alcoholic) so yes , my personal experience is somewhat at odds with what is the official narrative promoted by mainstream media

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

60+ smoked for around 45 years not particularly fit although not overweight but I have had 3 jabs , however they were after my 1st covid  infection. You say that they don't admit people to hospital for no reason. but hasn't been my experience in Thailand, i was banged up for 7 days and others I know got a 10 day sentence. all symptomless Many really old people in the village here have had it and only one death (80 year old alcoholic) so yes , my personal experience is somewhat at odds with what is the official narrative promoted by mainstream media

I was going to add the caveat that LOS and private hospitals are money making enterprises so thy may admit more readily... but that will not be the case in Europe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was going to add the caveat that LOS and private hospitals are money making enterprises so thy may admit more readily... but that will not be the case in Europe. 

When the pandemic initially hit they were placing folks into hospitals and Field Hospitals in order to reduce the amount of Covid positives in the open.  As things progressed, and after the Delta Variant infections started to shrink away and Omicron kicked in, they allowed folks to self isolate at home unless they wanted to be treated at a hospital.  When he was forced into the hospital is something that he omitted, and whether or not it occurred when he returned to Thailand and had to be in quarantine prior to traveling home when he was found infected.   They are not forcing folks into hospitals right now, so if anyone says they are then its false information. 

• Like 1