We are living in the hottest period for 125,000 years

webfact

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I thought they changed satellites and measuring methods ever 5 years or so?

If it were the same satellite measuring the temperatures for the pasts 30 years I'd be more confident in the results.

As for long term past temperatures, I can remember a summer in the 1970s that was so hot you could shovel ladybirds out of the roads. Not to mention every summer holiday was 6-8 weeks of blistering heat on the south coast of England.

I've forgotten if it was you or someone who posted that because grapes grew in Britain once upon a time, that means that global warming isn't real. What don't you understand about the fact that Britain is not the entire world.  The surface of Britain covers  209,331 square miles. The surface of land on Earth comes to about 150,000,000 square kilometers. The Earth as a whole has about 500,000,000 square kilometers of surface.

So the UK holds about .14% of land surface. And from this tiny sample you draw conclusions?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What don't you understand about the fact that Britain is not the entire world. 

I only have the right to live in England.

So the rest of the world doesn't really concern me.

I also don't like the temperature and climate of England.

If I thought I could warm it up a bit, I'd do everything in my power to achieve that aim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The accuracy of the processing ........ or the manipulation of the processing to fit the current globalist political agenda?

The raw data is available - and made available for free - there is no manipulation to fit any conspiracy - it would be impossible - a program such as I have described involves thousands of engineers and scientists over time, plus many more thousands of PhD students using the raw data for their theses - they are not all paid by some globalist conspiracy to manipulate the data - I know I was not.

If you are clever enough take the raw data, the open data on the spacecraft altitude and other variables and prove there is a manipulation please go ahead- but I don't think you are that clever

Edited by SatEng
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SatEng said:

The raw data is available - and made available for free - there is no manipulation to fit any conspiracy - it would be impossible - a program such as I have described involves thousands of engineers and scientists over time, plus many more thousands of PhD students using the raw data for their theses - they are not all paid by some globalist conspiracy to manipulate the data - I know I was not.

If you are clever enough take the raw data, the open data on the spacecraft altitude and other variables and prove there is a manipulation - but I don't think you are that clever

Who needs cleverness when you've got cluelessness?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I only have the right to live in England.

So the rest of the world doesn't really concern me.

I also don't like the temperature and climate of England.

If I thought I could warm it up a bit, I'd do everything in my power to achieve that aim.

Really? Does that mean when you alight on foreign soil, you can't breathe? Or are you now claiming that there's some sort of global conspiracy in reporting the weather so you only believe in the weather where you live? And given that Britain is about 200,000 square kilometers. how do you manage to live in the entire place?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SatEng said:

If you are clever enough take the raw data, the open data on the spacecraft altitude and other variables and prove there is a manipulation please go ahead- but I don't think you are that clever

I'm clever enough to know someone claiming to use the same measuring equipment in satellites over the past 30 years is a liar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Not with current policies, they won't.

It will be economics rather than policies which will win out in the long run - policies - taxes and subsidies - can only nudge in the near-term.

When it is more economic to build a solar plant or wind farm for the same amount of energy as drilling oils wells or building a new coal mine then the change will occur

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm clever enough to know someone claiming to use the same measuring equipment in satellites over the past 30 years is a liar.

Would you like to call me a liar face to face and see what happens?

I remember once when a conspiracy theorist came up to Buzz Aldrin and claimed that man never landed on the moon - he punched him in the face

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I know how to solve it all.

First, tax the commoners into poverty with 'carbon' taxes.
Second, destroy the supply chains for food and start starving the commoners.
Third, start a world war.  If enough carbon and methane producing humans can't be culled - they go to nukes.
Once out of the nuclear bunkers, the world will be "Wilded" with radioactive resistant plants and animals. 
Hope that radioactive resistant humans are not waiting at the doors of the bunkers when these change agents exit their bunkers. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SatEng said:

Would you like to call me a liar face to face and see what happens?

I remember once when a conspiracy theorist came up to Buzz Aldrin and claimed that man never landed on the moon - he punched him in the face

The interview Paula Yates did with Buzz Aldrin (Big Breakfast circa mid 1990s, I was there), she suggested just that and he didn't punch her.

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Some of the instruments in question were actually made in the UK

The Advanced Along Track Scanning Radiometer (AATSR) was proposed by the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) and British Aerospace plc, now Astrium (UK), as an Announcement of Opportunity instrument for ESA's planned Envisat satellite, for which one of the main objectives was to maintain data continuity after ERS-2.
The (then) UK Department of the Environment (DoE) agreed to fund the instrument as it recognised the importance of the data for the Government-funded programme of climate research and prediction at the UK Met Office Hadley Centre. Successor departments have continued to provide funding for essential ongoing AATSR activities. The DoE funded the manufacture of AATSR on the basis that it meet both the AATSR Scientific Requirements and the AATSR Instrument Performance Requirements.
Courtesy - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory

Note the important phrase "maintain data continuity" or are you not "clever" enough to understand this

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not that massive, a few people in NASA is all it needs. 

No - it needs thousands of people - across the world

It only needs a few nutters for a conspiracy theory though

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

We're in the middle of.one now called the Holocene Epoch. 

People who talk about climate change need to look back 3 billion years , not 125000 yrs. 

And if you are talking about natural climate change that is true - and is taken into account when looking at the data.

Anthropogenic climate change happens within the overall natural cycle as an aberration, and can be mainly traced back to the start of the industrial revolution, although there are smaller effects from land cultivation and domestication over a few thousand years.

The change in population is also a good indicator

- Before agricultural revolution (6,500BC) - 10 Million

- Before industrial revolution (1750) - < 1 billion

- Now going towards 8 billion

Edited by SatEng
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Global warming is a global problem - whose only solution is a global government - run by, and for the benefit of, the same people who brought us COVID.

When I was young, the issue was global cooling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

Somehow, no matter what the problem, the solution always remains the same: A global government.

I think you’re confusing your childhood memories, it wasn’t’Global Government’ it was ‘International Rescue’.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

Incorrect - Heller has misinterpreted the data - as usual for a conspiracy theorist when it does not fit his wanted outcome

Read the real report

"Preliminary reports by the EUMETSAT Ocean and Sea Ice Satellite Application Facility (OSI SAF) suggest that the 2022 winter maximum took place on 7 March 2022. At 14.93 million square kilometres, it sits well below the 1981–2000 average."

Arctic sea ice maximum feeling the heat | EUMETSAT

or is that too much effort for you?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

NEWS FLASH ... it's only going to get hotter.  It's what the planet does, and has been doing forever.   OK, all of 1 or 2C over the next 100-200 yrs ???? =  a big nothing.

So deal with it, if you think you need to.  Turn AC on, if in warm area, or move to, if in cold area.  Options abound.

So when mass migrations of people from unlivable hot areas to more temperate areas occurs, you’ll be perfectly fine with it?!

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sure bet my compatriots back in the UK will be moaning like hell about the cost of gas and electric come the winter months and moaning they wish it was summer again.

No doubt. You live in Thailand and moan like two cats courting in the middle of the night.