You still think you can live on less than 50k a month month

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Easy ... Because I know how much she'll be driving it and how long it should last.  That's not rocket science. 2+2 still equals 4.

Should - according to long term test data ? Feedback from owners ? Car repair websites who track causes, remedies, and cost of component cost and R and R ?

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

And you didnt bother to buy her a machine? No wonder she is your x ????

Lol - I couldn’t stand the times in BKK we had a twin tub and would have to carry it to the shower, running a linked extension leads suspended above a water filled balcony, scared the <deleted> out of me.  

When we moved, i got away with years without buying a washing machine, I suffered endless Saturday mornings of her moaning, in the end it became fun, part of my logic was that I wanted a decent automatic and get it all plumbed in properly, which she got sorted eventually. 

2 minutes ago, law ling said:

Pattaya monthly expenses:

Rent (incl WiFi): 7,000

Elect + water: 550 (don't use the aircon)

Medicines: 2,000

Weekly:

"Regular Visitor": 1,100

Tobacco: 1,000

Laundry: 40

Water delivery: 40

Cafes: 600

That's about 20,000/month.

Do my own cooking.

I'd find it hard to go over 40,000/month ... but yes, I don't do bars, massages, restaurants.

But some needs are not cheap: fancy razor blades, deoderant, some western foods.

And some irregular costs might push up the yearly average: dental especially, and medical.

Do you have full sex with the regular visitor ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, seedy said:

Should - according to long term test data ? Feedback from owners ? Car repair websites who track causes, remedies, and cost of component cost and R and R ?

I base that on extreme negative projection.  1000 cycles of 300 kms per.  300k kms, which I doubt I'll do 20k a year for first 10 yrs.  So 200k, and if I c r a p out, highly unlikely she'll put 10k a year on afterwards.   So yes, 20 yrs/300k, and the battery should simply start to degrade, at worst, 20%.  

Most batteries are good for 1500-2000 cycles, and if driving conservative, 350-400kms per full charge.  So a potential of 600-800 kms, before degrading 20%.  My #s based on half that.

After 20 yrs, the book value will be c r a p anyway, but battery still good enough for around town, which is all she'd use it for anyway..  Or pop it out, tweak it, and use on the house or farm plot for solar back up.  Should be plenty of 3rd part battery shops by then.

Yes, I think everything through.

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Quite a reasonable  price .

Does she give you a time limit or can you take as long as you like ?

You're getting off topic, Sir ... but without limit, although I reach exhaustion first.

Back on topic: budget living (at least in Pattaya) does require collecting a "gik" or two (or marrying one) - bar crawls, pub drinks, bar fines etc, will eat up funds very quickly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

30k to survive

40k to live comfortably

50k to thrive 

Don't know why you need that much in a country where the average Somchai survives with 10k a month. 5 times that should suffice no?

Food is not expensive but of course if you go to Tops and friends it's expensive. Just eat breakfast from 7-11, lunch from an ordinary Thai restaurant and if you are in Pattaya a plate of pasta from an Italian restaurant in Soi Buakao is 100/200 baht. I think you won't spend more than 10k for food. 10k for another decent place to live in, 5k for electricity internet water, 5k for booze, coffee and all those things you don't really need. 30k for your basics... Add insurance, some luxuries let's say 10k. Then another 10k if you want the weekly farang restaurant, soapy. 

50k for a single is a lot, at least for me.

I guess there's 'poor' and then there's 'Thai poor' ????

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Please tell us where that OZ pension provides such a lifestyle.  Seems anyone wanting to live that lifestyle and can't, made a few wrong choices on their way to retirement.

Oz pension drops off if you go overseas. I think they cut if off too after 180 days.

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you refrain from opting for the masturbation option at massages ,  maybe just getting that service once per week , the cost of living in Thailand is greatly reduced , saving yourself about 20 000 Baht per month 

I'm sure if you started masturbating in a massage parlour, the staff would throw you out! ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Laundry is expensive here in Pattaya

Just looking at the bill

T shirt 25b

Collared shirt 40

Shorts 20b

They must see you coming!  I give a bag of clothes to the laundry (typically 4 x underwear, 4 x socks, 2 x shirts).  Pay 40 baht for the lot!

17 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I live in Pattaya, age 63.  I receive (thanks to the USD/THB exchange rate going up), about 120,000 baht a month.

My rent for a roof-top condo (10 minutes walk to the beach) with 50sq metre patio is 5,000 baht a month.  Car rent (I don't really need a car!) is 11,000 baht.  $1M medical insurance is about 8,000 baht a month. Food and drink is 300 baht a day. (I buy fresh food from Tops and Central Festival). I have a great life, it's not just existing ????

Can't live as a single guy in Pattaya on 50,000 baht a month?  You're having a larf!

Is that a us army pension?

Just now, simon43 said:

Er no.... I don't yet draw my UK state pension.  When I do (in 3 years from now), it will add about 30,000 baht a month to my income ????

With an income like this, you might think I'd be beating of the hookers and gold-digger women!  Nope....  I have more important things to spend my little funds on than money-grabbing partners ????

Where does the money come from? Investment?