70-year-old repairman falls from roof suffers serious injuries

snoop1130

F6018C9A-9BC5-4241-A584-F5677306F3DC-696x392.jpeg

A 70-year-old repairman fell from the roof of a house he was fixing and suffered serious injuries.

The incident took place in the Bang Phra subdistrict of Sri Racha on Thursday, July 21st. A repairman named Suphap Jalearnpon, 70, fell from the roof of Lek Sealoa’s house and broke his skull and back. He was rushed to Laem Chabang Hospital for emergency care by Sri Racha rescue workers.

According to Lek, the roof was about two meters high. She said that she felt confused because the victim tried to climb down the stairs that nobody was stabilizing even though she had already told him to alert her once he wanted to get down.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/21/70-year-old-repairman-falls-from-roof-while-fixing-house-in-sri-racha-and-suffers-serious-injuries/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 3

Well unfortunately these type of accidents are pretty common although unfortunately for him he has suffered serious injury. Those Brits amongst us will remember the same thing happened to Rod Hull the ventriloquist but he died from the fall.

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Well unfortunately these type of accidents are pretty common although unfortunately for him he has suffered serious injury. Those Brits amongst us will remember the same thing happened to Rod Hull the ventriloquist but he died from the fall.

image.png.a8bf2ac0f453200c9297907b4f51059f.png

A national treasure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Excel said:

His Emu survived but retired from showbusiness. (Actually I don't think he was a ventriloquist as the Emu did not 'talk', just whispered in his ear). Had sore sides once when he was on Parkinson.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Think people seem to be missing the fact that a 70 year old man was still having to work as a repairman on a roof rather than relax with his pension in old age

UK government already has plans to move the state pension to 70 years old (from the current 67). Thailand is just leading the world for a change.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

She said that she felt confused because the victim tried to climb down the stairs that nobody was stabilizing even though she had already told him to alert her once he wanted to get down.

:sad:

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think people seem to be missing the fact that a 70 year old man was still having to work as a repairman on a roof rather than relax with his pension in old age

Yeah and there's no shortage of comments all over the shop about 'lazy shiftless Thais' ... huh Richard

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Lek, the roof was about two meters high. She said that she felt confused because the victim tried to climb down the stairs that nobody was stabilizing even though she had already told him to alert her once he wanted to get down.

2 metres is too high when you reach an age when you stopped bouncing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

UK government already has plans to move the state pension to 70 years old (from the current 67). Thailand is just leading the world for a change.

I thought it was 66?

48 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I am 81, living in Thailand, and the UK State Pension I get, still at its starting level 16 years ago, makes me glad I still have a sense of humour and other sources of income.

Well spoken.

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I thought it was 66?

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/pensions/state-pension/changes-to-state-pension-age/#:~:text=In November 2018%2C State Pension,65 for men and women.

"State Pension age is gradually increasing for men and women, and will reach 67 by 2028.

State Pension age is going to be kept under review, which means that it could change again in the future, depending on different factors, such as changes in life expectancy."