Trump ex-adviser Bannon convicted of contempt of U.S. Congress

Scott

25 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

So are you inferring that, from an original pool of 22 potential jurors, after a full day of vetting by both defense and prosecutor attorneys, the final jury pool consisted of nothing but Democrats ?  Seriously ???
Is it not possible that they were jut normal citizens who, upon hearing the evidence against Bannon (and no defense from his attorney's), concluded that the hobo was guilty as charged ?

ps.. I don't accept a haha or confused emoji as an acceptable response.

Even Steve Bannon’s own podcast says he’s screwed. Attorney David Freiheit: “did you receive the subpoena? Did you respect the subpoena? Yes and No. Case closed.”

Gotta love it when even his right-wing buddies think he’s guilty as sin.

https://www.queerty.com/even-steve-bannons-podcast-saying-hes-totally-screwed-trial-gets-underway-20220718

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He won't get the max.

First time offender.

Let’s hope the judge wants to set an example for all those out there who would also want to thumb their nose at a subpoena from the Jan. 6 committee. Maybe if Bannon gets more than a slap on the wrist they will think twice before doing that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

Let’s hope the judge wants to set an example for all those out there who would also want to thumb their nose at a subpoena from the Jan. 6 committee. Maybe if Bannon gets more than a slap on the wrist they will think twice before doing that.

I predict four months.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If I may correct you.

First time convicted.

His last crimes were pardoned by his coconspirator.

2 out of his 3 codefendants plead guilty. The 3rd one plead not guilty. His first trial ended in a mistrial when 1 juror held out against a guilty verdict supported by the 11 others on the grounds that the trial was a political witch hunt.

On 7/23/2022 at 3:46 AM, bendejo said:

image.jpeg.f7b3c7cb1d2777e820e2a7a016a46648.jpeg

Just look at that nose!  The worst thing about prison will be he'll get very, very thirsty.

What is it with old men and their apparent inability to groom their eyebrows?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

What is it with old men and their apparent inability to groom their eyebrows?

Overall he nearly always looks like he spent the night sleeping in the spot where he fell down drunk.  Along with his style of dressing in layers (has any non-MAGA comedian in the US  NOT joked about how many shirts he wears?) he seems to be trying to pass for homeless.  Someone pointed out to me that it's a thing with some rich people to try to give the impression they are not so, but if you look closer you'll see that the ratty cargo pants were purchased from a tony catalog and cost US$400, for example.

Also he nearly always sports a several-days beard growth, is that a tribute to Arafat?  :smile:

• Like 2

Alas, but he did win: he bought three more months of delay.  That's what all these phony suits and appeals are about.  Playing for time, maybe they think LE is going to be bored with them and call an end to the charges, I guess.

Anything that brings delay works in the favor of Team Orange.

• Like 2