Adopting Child from Orphanage Pay all expenses

John9

Need to know if one adopts child n pay expenses from orphanage say Father Ray Foundation than does all money paid goes after same adopted child or in group ? My interest is to adopt and they make sure all my paid money is spent after child I have adopted n clothing, food and education including English Language. Can any one suggest correct well run orphanage which can do that and give me regular report as well let me meet adopted child at regular intervals for me to see  child  progress. All good recommendation information well come with thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Cut the OP some slack. Yes, you are correct in the legal status of sponsor versus adoption. But then some of us grew up when the term “adopt” was used synonymously. I recall programs for “adopting” animals and children. What it was in reality is sponsoring. 

• Like 2

I know examples where sponsorship appears to be working ok at BaanJing Jai Childrens' Orphanage, East Pattaya,  Banglamung.  The point which has been made about one particular kid gaining special benefits above all others in an institution is very valid.

I would not trust most of the Christian so called 'orphanages'.  Most are basically money making businesses using  children as a commodity..to bring in more money so the owners can buy more cars and have a nice house....and also brainwash the kids to give up their traditional beliefs and customs and become Christians....also there is a lot of abuse goes on in many. 

Rather than give the place money you can donate clothes, equipment and food.

Or help out there and check all is ok with the place before you give any money. 

If the place does not want that then they can't be trusted.  

49 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Mercy Foundation, founded by Father Joe Maier in Klong Toey, has been a solid resource for decades. Their orphanage deserves your support. They have mine. (And I'm not Catholic, nor is religion imposed on the kids.)

Well that sounds great.  I just research it a little and I am impressed with it!  

Edited by jak2002003
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John9 said:

All good recommendation information well come with thanks in advance.

If you Google "sponsor a child in Thailand" you will get numerous responses. Here are a few that might interest you ...

https://www.childrensvillagethailand.org/sponsorship

https://www.ywamthai.org/childsponsorship

https://www.compassion.com/sponsor-a-child-in-thailand.htm