Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

20 hours ago, nauseus said:

Strange that the French didn't worry about stamping British passports before we joined the EEC/EU.

20 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, so you're claiming that security climate of roughly 50 years ago was no different than it is today?

I very much doubt that it has changed in the last two years, when passports were glanced at and you were waved through!

15 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Why not try an intelligent reasoned debate, as opposed to playground style insults?

Not even one of you have come up with any facts of figures.

We here are a cross-section, not all of us are university trained, so you'll just have to put up with us "not-so-bright" members, it is not the reserve of the deemed, well educated, ya noooo....

Sorry about that....????

14 hours ago, placeholder said:

Not only do you accuse the French of all sorts of grave derelictions of duty, but you misspell their language as well?

C'est une déclaration de guerre! (This means war!)

Sacre bleu..............????

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

I am not judging your standard of education. I am only interested in reasoned discussion of your beliefs. You might genuinely have information of interest.

But most of what I read from the 'Brexiteers' involves abuse towards anyone they regard as 'left leaning'. It's a bit sad. Like teasing in the playground.

The nature of forums, has its ups and downs, I mean, after reading here for many years I get to know the regular posters and their stance on things.

We have folk who are just anti anything, others who are waaaay to the left and show it, and of course the fruitcake element, but it is generally good fun.  ????

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

I guess I take it seriously and want to understand all sides. But it always looks like an argument between rival football team supporters, rather than a discussion of the finer points of the game.

Sometimes, yes, it really depends on who is involved in the discussion, as to which way it goes...????

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I very much doubt that it has changed in the last two years, when passports were glanced at and you were waved through!

The overall security climate may not have changed much in the last two years, but border control procedures have for Brits entering the EU.

As you say, pre-Brexit passport holders were waved through, nowadays you join the scrum for third country entrants with all the accompanying palaver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

I am not judging your standard of education. I am only interested in reasoned discussion of your beliefs. You might genuinely have information of interest.

But most of what I read from the 'Brexiteers' involves abuse towards anyone they regard as 'left leaning'. It's a bit sad. Like teasing in the playground.

Well Bruno, this was a hot topic on here from 2016 and I can assure you that the vast majority of abuse came from the remain camp, especially after 23rd June, of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

The reasons why the Dover tailbacks may become a regular feature.

1. Brexit regulations

2. Conservative government refused to expand the services

3. Hard to physically expand the port

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/23/travel-chaos-is-the-new-normal-after-brexit-british-tourists-are-warned

Because ALL the current problems are at the French end , all the causes of the current delays  are in France , maybe the Guardian could do an article on about solving  the current problems , rather than an article solving any future problems ?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

It fascinates me how the brexiteers concocted in their minds this fantasy that Europe and the EU were just passing laws and regulations to annoy the good common folk of England. 

And even more comically they thought by leaving Europe this would be of enormous cost to Europeans: "this will show them!". 

All they did was hurt themselves. They cut off access to jobs in Europe, to customers in Europe, to life in Europe. And they cut off the labour they need for the British economy to work. And cut off the food they need from Europe. 

And I told them all this but they laughed because they really believed in their ridiculous fantasy of revenge.  It's like the ugly girl in school trying to take revenge on Chad, by ignoring him.  He isn't even thinking about her.

All so pathetic.

I predicted on the day of voting for brexit that the uk would rejoin Europe within 15 years,  But without the enormous benefits that the UK had negotiated over the last 40 years.

Talking of concoctions.....????

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Talking of concoctions.....????

And there it is. You are laughing. You are trying to extract enjoyment from the situation.  You need to feel that what you are doing has made others suffer. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

All they did was hurt themselves. They cut off access to jobs in Europe, to customers in Europe, to life in Europe. And they cut off the labour they need for the British economy to work. And cut off the food they need from Europe. 

No, all those are still available .

Although young unskilled Europeans can no longer get a boat across and apply for low paying unskilled work , they need to get a visa first before travelling 

1 hour ago, bannork said:

The reasons why the Dover tailbacks may become a regular feature.

1. Brexit regulations

2. Conservative government refused to expand the services

3. Hard to physically expand the port

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/23/travel-chaos-is-the-new-normal-after-brexit-british-tourists-are-warned

The Guardian...............????

Well played Sir.....????

49 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

And there it is. You are laughing. You are trying to extract enjoyment from the situation.  You need to feel that what you are doing has made others suffer. 

Anyone got a hanky?

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Ah, so the French have decided to go on a "go slow" to punish the Brits for Brexit. How very mature of them.

No doubt Macron has approved this move. Classic EU pettiness. Thank god we left.

That can't be. We have already been told on this thread that the delays are nothing to do with Brexit, so clearly the French are not on a go slow. It's just that imagination of yours running wild.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did  mean "Here in Canada" as a reference to where the shop in the link that I posted  is , rather than where I am myself .( *Here in this shop in Canada*, is what I meant ) 

I am in the U.K , where is the empty shelved supermarket?  so I can get a second opinion .

he caught you  555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Because ALL the current problems are at the French end , all the causes of the current delays  are in France , maybe the Guardian could do an article on about solving  the current problems , rather than an article solving any future problems ?

who is it, Jeanne D'Arc or Napoleon..... not Boris for sure 555

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well Bruno, this was a hot topic on here from 2016 and I can assure you that the vast majority of abuse came from the remain camp, especially after 23rd June, of course.

the old saying ""it's not us , it's them"" always the easy escape

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did  mean "Here in Canada" as a reference to where the shop in the link that I posted  is , rather than where I am myself .( *Here in this shop in Canada*, is what I meant ) 

I am in the U.K , where is the empty shelved supermarket?  so I can get a second opinion .

What an absolute steaming pile of Grade 'A' manure.

Do you seriously expect anyone to buy that? Anyone at all?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Anyone got a hanky?

And there it is. You want so badly for your imaginary fantasy to be true that if you can't get enjoyable benefits from Europe then at least others have suffered by your acts.

You have stabbed yourself in the face so mommy will sob for you. 

You played yourself. 

• Haha 1