Trump Booed at Arizona Rally Over His New Endorsement

Scott

17 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Cherry picker

No. It's the way it is presented by the authors in the table. Total not confident 41%.

It's you who cherry picked the "very confident" replies in order to falsely claim that 80% of Americans were thinking like you. It was an obvious distortion of poll results.

Screenshot_20220801-125559.png

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Had four years of protests in the streets , riots and lootings and arson , "Not my President" "Russian collusion" , numerous Court cases and impeachment attempts , smear campaigns and trying everything possible to get Donald removed from office . 

Now its suddenly undemocratic to question an elections legitimacy .

How times changed overnight .

Where have you been lately?

Donald Trump tried to pressure Mike Pence into disqualifying the vote count. An attempt that was clearly unsupported by the law.

He also supported a conspiracy to replace legitimate electors with self-declared electors for Trump.

So, is it suddenly undemocratic to try to overturn the results of an election by illegitimate and possibly illegal means? Or has it always been undemocratic?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

No. It's the way it is presented by the authors in the table. Total not confident 41%.

It's you who cherry picked the "very confident" replies in order to falsely claim that 80% of Americans were thinking like you. It was an obvious distortion of poll results.

Nope i quoted the headline

21 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So true

"Russians stole it" for years vs one day of thugs having a whinge

It seems democrat supporters are massive hypocrites

Thugs?  Trump seemed to have a high opinion of those people, or at least his tweets on that day indicate he did.

Most of the country let the Russian collusion thing go after the Mueller report, but Trump supporters hung on to it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

As has been demonstrated, some people will read the source you provided.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/21/politics/cnn-poll-elections/index.html

And if you research topics like i do you will see confidence is low.

I dont expect an apology though

In January 2021, shortly after the attack on the US Capitol, 59% of Americans said they had at least some confidence that US elections reflected the will of the people. That included 36% who were very confident that elections were representative of the public's wishes.
Now, a year and a half later, only 42% have some confidence, and just 16% are very confident.
Edited by Sparktrader

Just now, heybruce said:

Thugs?  Trump seemed to have a high opinion of those people, or at least his tweets on that day indicate he did.

Most of the country let the Russian collusion thing go after the Mueller report, but Trump supporters hung on to it.

3 or 4 years of whinging

20 minutes ago, nauseus said:

As Candide had a laugh, I will qualify by saying that any action or behaviour of one individual cannot stop any system of government, especially democracy. Now I must away to the shop. 

How about one candidate whose supporters will riot in support of unsubstantiated stolen election claims.

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Nope i quoted the headline

You may not have done it on purpose, but it remains that it is not true that 80% of people agree with you,  Only 41% do. 

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

You may not have done it on purpose, but it remains that it is not true that 80% of people agree with you. Only 41% do. 

In January 2021, shortly after the attack on the US Capitol, 59% of Americans said they had at least some confidence that US elections reflected the will of the people. That included 36% who were very confident that elections were representative of the public's wishes.
Now, a year and a half later, only 42% have some confidence, and just 16% are very confident.

58% agree

Edited by Sparktrader

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Where have you been lately?

Donald Trump tried to pressure Mike Pence into disqualifying the vote count. An attempt that was clearly unsupported by the law.

He also supported a conspiracy to replace legitimate electors with self-declared electors for Trump.

So, is it suddenly undemocratic to try to overturn the results of an election by illegitimate and possibly illegal means? Or has it always been undemocratic?

I didnt really follow it .

What was the outcome in the end ?

Did Trump over turn the election ?

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/21/politics/cnn-poll-elections/index.html

And if you research topics like i do you will see confidence is low.

I dont expect an apology though

Confidence in the system is reduced by the electoral college denying victory to the winner of the popular vote, disgust in gerrymandering, absurdly long lines at some polling stations, etc.

The comes a mob of Trump supporters storming the Capitol in an attempt to prevent certification of the election.  Things like that further reduce confidence.

However this general reduction in confidence does not in any way discredit the 2020 election results.

49 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you believe that there was Russian collusion in the elections that got Donald elected ?

For one thing, the Republican Senate Committee that investigated the issue believes that there is reason to. believe that Paul Manafort passed confidential Trump campaign into to Constanite Klimnik a Russian intelligence operative. They had other doubts as well.

For another, the notion that Mueller found nothing takes no account of the fact the Mueller had strong evidence that Trump had engaged in witness tampering. Trump pointedly didn't rule out pardoning Manafort and in fact he ultimately did. 

Just now, heybruce said:

Confidence in the system is reduced by the electoral college denying victory to the winner of the popular vote, disgust in gerrymandering, absurdly long lines at some polling stations, etc.

The comes a mob of Trump supporters storming the Capitol in an attempt to prevent certification of the election.  Things like that further reduce confidence.

However this general reduction in confidence does not in any way discredit the 2020 election results.

Look at the current polls

Mid term carnage

Rightly so. The current 2 worst ever.

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

58% agree

So you agree your 80% number was wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I didnt really follow it .

What was the outcome in the end ?

Did Trump over turn the election ?

You mean because he failed, that means it can't be a crime? Do you understand that false electors were created. That they submitted fake documents  to Republicans in Congress from 5 states?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

You mean because he failed, that means it can't be a crime? Do you understand that false electors were created. That they submitted fake documents  to Republicans in Congress from 5 states?

I am not a American Lawyer and I haven't studied law , I have no idea whether any crimes were committed , although I don't have an opinion that someone is guilty on the basis that I politically disagree with him 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am not a American Lawyer and I haven't studied law , I have no idea whether any crimes were committed , although I don't have an opinion that someone is guilty on the basis that I politically disagree with him 

No crimes have been proven by anybody. Just anti Trump people trying to stop him in 2024.

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So you agree the majority agree with me and you are wrong.

I'm not surprised that the assault on the Capitol along with gerrymandering, voter suppression, constant lies about a stolen election, etc. have caused a great many people to worry about how long democracy can last in the U.S.  I never posted anything to the contrary.  I don't believe that this in any way invalidates Joe Biden's win, which seems to be your preoccupation.

• Like 1

Just now, heybruce said:

I'm not surprised that the assault on the Capitol along with gerrymandering, voter suppression, constant lies about a stolen election, etc. have caused a great many people to worry about how long democracy can last in the U.S.  I never posted anything to the contrary.  I don't believe that this in any way invalidates Joe Biden's win, which seems to be your preoccupation.

Never said it does. You are just making stuff up. I never said it was rigged.

Anyway Im bored winning this discussion. Rather discuss travel than prove people wrong on politics.

21 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

58% agree

Glad to see that you don't claim MSN are biased any more! ????

Anyway, still far from 80% agreeing with you.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1