Monkeypox-infected Nigerian who fled Phuket found in Phnom Penh

webfact

2 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Your always !!! Deported back to your home country , Unless it’s serious crime.

in his case, via Thailand. Cambodia has worked well together with Thailand specially in cracking down on call centers. You will see him soon tried in Thailand, unless he has deep pockets (he need it on both sides). Thai Police will have to tell the Population "We get our man".

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Yes, that's the story. I'd say the same if I worked at the land border.

By the way, what is the penalty for having a disease that cures itself in less than a month ?

Monkeypox potentially clears up by itself but not necessarily. For one thing, it's fatal in between 1% and 10% of cases, depending on which clade it is.

Monkeypox - WHO info page

The case fatality ratio for the West African clade has been documented to be around 1%, whereas for the Congo Basin clade, it may be as high as 10%.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, starky said:

Fun fact over 95% of the people who have caught monkey Pox got it sleeping with other men. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-health-and-wellness/monkeypox-driven-overwhelmingly-sex-men-major-study-finds-rcna39564

That's only in this latest outbreak in (mostly) Western countries. Historically, and in the areas in Africa where it's endemic, that's not the case.

• Thanks 1

I love the thai logic that i hear around me "he brings the monkeypox to thailand", well no actually he was here already long before so "Thailand bring the monkeypox to him" but that would be thinking too much.

Doesn't change that he is an ass, probably did something in the ass and should be out of here of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Yes, that's the story. I'd say the same if I worked at the land border.

By the way, what is the penalty for having a disease that cures itself in less than a month ?

depend on how long your overstay is

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's only in this latest outbreak in (mostly) Western countries. Historically, and in the areas in Africa where it's endemic, that's not the case.

Yep and the latest outbreak is clearly what we are talking about.

Not saying it's the fault of gay people or that it's some sort of STD but that in THIS outbreak it has been transmitted mostly through the homosexual community AT THIS STAGE. There is that better?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starky said:

Not saying it's the fault of gay people or that it's some sort of STD but that in THIS outbreak it has been transmitted mostly through the homosexual community AT THIS STAGE. There is that better?

Hmmmm, was a monkey involved wiv their shenanigans........????...????

3 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

How can he cross the border if he overstayed for 18 months?

I think he has a Wakkanda magic portal to go through without the hindrance of Thai and Cambodian immigration!

Canoe......Just a few baht....????

• Haha 2

for Thailand there's no point of taking him back they just going to deport him anyway, wasted of time and effort, since Cambodia have him now with his 2 finger attitude, i say send to Cambodian prison for a few year for endanger other people.

1 hour ago, starky said:

I just wanted people to be aware that just because they're not in what might be considered the high risk group currently in Western countries, doesn't mean their risk level is zero.

For instance, this guy is reported in Thai PBS articles to have had sexual contact with a number of women while in Thailand which means there may be a risk of catching it from intimate contact of a heterosexual nature in this country.

Thai police searching for monkeypox-infected Nigerian man

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Picture sums up this guy perfectly. And they wonder why Nigerians are looked down on world wide.

image.jpeg

Sorry but I disagree,  dont look down on them because of that photo I look down on them for what the majority are ! That's lying cheating scamming low life!

• Like 2

I don't understand, you all concern about how did he cross, about his nationality 

But surely all you you're called farangs as soon as you do something wrong 

The bottom line is you should be commenting about the fact and the safety of people of phuket as how and where did he contracted the disease 

The fact that offcourse he contracted in Thailand he's not the only and last person who have it 

Over staying within Thailand is out now he's in another country 

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I just wanted people to be aware that just because they're not in what might be considered the high risk group currently in Western countries, doesn't mean their risk level is zero.

For instance, this guy is reported in Thai PBS articles to have had sexual contact with a number of women while in Thailand which means there may be a risk of catching it from intimate contact of a heterosexual nature in this country.

Thai police searching for monkeypox-infected Nigerian man

No that's correct their risk level isn't zero. Your risk level of most things in life isn't zero.  However if they are not part of the homosexual community  thier current risk level is @ 2%. Covid and the media sure has changed the way people consider whether the sky is falling or not.

Edited by starky

UN health agency chief declares monkeypox a global emergency

MARIA CHENG

Sat, July 23, 2022, 9:13 PM

LONDON (AP) — "The expanding monkeypox outbreak in more than 70 countries is an “extraordinary” situation that qualifies as a global emergency, the World Health Organization chief said Saturday, a declaration that could spur further investment in treating the once-rare disease and worsen the scramble for scarce vaccines.

A global emergency is WHO’s highest level of alert but the designation does not necessarily mean a disease is particularly transmissible or lethal. Similar declarations were made for the Zika virus in 2016 in Latin America and the ongoing effort to eradicate polio, in addition to the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa."

Just as things seemed to be getting better?

The WHO, in their wokeness, are very concerned that people the world over

will equate the name "monkey-pox" with Africans, and have put forward

a proposal that the name or designation be changed. Any decision, however,

would seem to be pending at the moment.

10 hours ago, law ling said:

Anyway, good to know that if the Thai authorities are looking for you, it's a piece of cake (apparently) to just slip into Cambodia.

They tracked him to another country- extremely efficient. In the UK illegal  immigrants dissappear with impunity and are rarely found.

• Like 1