Thai doctors say marijuana is a "danger" to society - call for immediate liberalization U-turn

webfact

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Sorry, what is your question?

I said Caffeine (and nicotine) are the least dangerous of the Psychoactive substances. 

Pure Heroin, is actually pretty safe, it is the illegality of it that makes it dangerous.

I wasn't aking a question, i was highlighting how easy it is to find so called "evidence" on the internet to support ones point of view or to contradict others.  And regarding your last sentance , I absolutely agree, in fact everything is pretty safe if used responsibly, illegality actually helps nobody in that context as was proved in the USA with prohibition

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

An article published in the "Medical Cannabis Network" that was written by Tara Leo of "CaliExtractions" to promote her shop which sells cannabis oil extractors. Her marketing article also contains no links to any of the studies, we just need to take her word for it. While some of the claims she makes are well known and genuine, others are very suspect with little evidence.

like all the so called studies that you keep posting links to, all funded by people with an agenda and all of questionable impartiality

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The nightmare I was referring to are the law makers/politicians and medical experts who are now sorting out the mess left by Anutin.

what mess?? all looks fine from where i'm sitting,   everything continuing pretty much as normal,  just a few people getting all worked up over nothing. Certainly no need for any "medical experts " or "law makers"  to get involved. and for the benefit of all concerned politicians should not be anywhere near

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

like all the so called studies that you keep posting links to, all funded by people with an agenda and all of questionable impartiality

You must have me mistaken for somebody else, I've never posted an article with the only link in it being to a cannabis oil extration shop

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

what mess?? all looks fine from where i'm sitting,   everything continuing pretty much as normal,  just a few people getting all worked up over nothing. Certainly no need for any "medical experts " or "law makers"  to get involved. and for the benefit of all concerned politicians should not be anywhere near

New laws are in draft as we speak and all those people I mentioned are already involved but you knew that already right?

10 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I discussed this with a Thai doctor I knew when the law came out. Their opinion was the hospital needs a major extension to it.

Laws are great but the possible consequences have to be considered before passing a law.

I thought the same thing when Yingluck was offering 100K cash back on any new car purchase.  Anyone with life enough in them to fog a mirror with their breath was signing finance to buy a new car.  But there was no comensurate increase in driver training or of effective policing.

If this was done by a government in a developed country there would be a class action raised.

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

The Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University has long been regarded as Thailand's most prestigious medical school.

Which means absolutely nothing in regards to quality treatment. Most doctors here barely manage to utter a few words in English. How good can a doctor be when most of the textbooks and latest discoveries are published in English?

It didn't take the doctors long,

With many people in pain on prescription drugs and trying the green stuff will no longer be consulting their doctors. 

( loss of money comes to mind )

There are several countries we're it is legal for recreational use. One that comes to mind is  Canberra Capital of Australia 

6 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

heres a cut and paste from your  authoritative article..........I stopped reading it after seeing that.....utter rubbish, 

It may be that people who use marijuana also tend to engage in risky sexual behavior or intravenous drug use

It sounds more like reefer madness than serious scientific research  

The way that marijuana became illegal in the first place, was hysteria created by racists, who were convinced that pot smoking was causing white women to have sex with black men. The history of drug laws is filled with such poppycock. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

are you for real?  the gateway drug rubbish, is just that,  rubbish,    It won't make negroes rape your daughter , or turn you into a communist either.      Some people die from peanut allergy would you ban peanuts too ??   Unbelievable just unbelievable

Better take a spliff to calm down a bit, wouldn’t want you to give stoners a bad reputation of being so easily triggered lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I discussed this with a Thai doctor I knew when the law came out. Their opinion was the hospital needs a major extension to it.

Laws are great but the possible consequences have to be considered before passing a law.

Does the fact that you discussed this with a Thai doctor, and "their" (his/her?)  opinion was that the hospital needs a major extension to it have any relevance to the fact that cannabis/marijuana has been legalised?  

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

How much brain damage does cannabis cause?  I doubt that th dopers on this forum will

care.  My buddy the doper who started with Cannabis and went to stronger drugs, is no

longer married, no longer my friend as he kept trying to get money for his next fix, Now he is 

no longer alive, as he did not pay back a money lender who had mean friends.

So when I hear that cannabis is a nice drug, I relate to a few people that I used to know.

Harvey M

".............is no longer married, no longer my friend as he kept trying to get money for his next fix, Now he is 

no longer alive..........",

Sorry about your friend, but your last 6 words kind of make the previous twenty or so unnecessary?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s ban all alcohol and tobacco sales and use, children might use them. 

Better yet, how about laws that make it illegal to provide cannabis to minors and make it illegal for minors to buy, possess or use cannabis and stop using the lame “what about the children” excuse to take rights away from adults? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The government wanted it to be just for medical use.

ANUTIN wanted it for the masses, and his nationwide tour made sure he railroaded it through.

Doctors don't want it yet the so called health minister had other financial ideas. 

12 hours ago, kennw said:

Are you trying to say two wrongs make a right? 

No I'm saying where is all the moral outrage over monopoly run family companies that cost society countless deaths and billions in medical care. They wouldn't dare. So it's a weak move on an easy target by some spinless lemmings 

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Your comment would suggest that they are concerned about Marijuana being legal, but not actually anyone taking it.

My comment would be suggesting why are they not taking a stance against the family run monopolies that deal in the products  alcohol/tobacco that are known to kill people in scores and costs billions in healthcare. If you want to compare let's compare apples with apples. The faux outrage does nothing for me and they wouldn't dare speak out against traditional institutions. 

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

I suppose in reality putting any smoke, tobacco or cannabis, into your lungs can't be that good for you.

No that is of course true but then again you don't have to smoke marijuana do you?

Also you might want to look into the harmful chemicals put into tobacco products during their construction compared to smoking a dried plant found exactly as it is in nature. Irony? Perhaps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

New laws are in draft as we speak and all those people I mentioned are already involved but you knew that already right?

Well I had an inkling that might be the case, but actually, I was waiting for you to confirm it for me with one of your "!inks" of course

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You must have me mistaken for somebody else, I've never posted an article with the only link in it being to a cannabis oil extration shop

I never suggested that you did,  only that your links are also to articles written or produced by people and organisations with their own agenda and as such are equally meaningless