Do people realize that Thailand is only one 5 countries in the world where the weed market is wide open?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis

I didn't quite realize how few countries in the world had a wide open weed market...

Thailand is now in a very small group of only 5 countries where people can grow buy and sell weed with very few restrictions......

I would go so far to say at the present time in Thailand, Thailand has about the most relaxed weed market in the world..... 

Countries that have legalized recreational use of cannabis are......

And under what conditions.....

Canada.....Legal  to grow buy and sell

Malta,....Legal to grow buy and sell

USA..19, States....Legal to grow buy and sell

Netherlands...Legal (Almost) to grow buy and sell

Thailand...Legal to grow buy and sell

Georgia..Legal for possession and consumption but not for sale

Mexico....Legal for possession and consumption and growing but not for sale

South Africa....Legal for possession, consumption  and growing but not for sale..

Uruguay...Legal for possession consumption and  growing but not for sale to tourist or foreigners...

Australian Capital Territory....Legal for possession, consumption  and growing but not for sale...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just checked that wikipedia page and like almost ZERO written there is correct.

Even about Netherlands they talk nonsense, it is not legal to grow or sell weed in Netherlands, even coffeeshops do that illegal, only selling it is legal for them. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

There is no legal stuff in Thailand for recreational use, so obviously you won't find it there. ''Street dealers'' really? Sigh, you bore me so much i won't even tell you now. 

This thread is about legal weed though , its not about the illegal stuff

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is not legal to buy and sell weed in Thailand, it is only legal to sell medicinal FDA approved products with a license. I really start to get angry about how ignorant people are, is it that hard to properly read a 3 sentence law?

Don't get angry, but either I am missing something or I am very ignorant, but can you enlighten me, and others, on this "three-sentence law"?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But in other Countries where its illegal , its cheaper and of better quality than the legal Thai stuff 

I'm not sure you can buy cheaper than the Thai brick I buy at 3,000bht/Kg.

Strong stuff too.

As for legal ......

UK illegal but nobody gets prosecuted, if the police catch you with a bag, they just hand it back to you,

Cambodia illegal but nobody cares if you don't flaunt smoking it,

Vietnam illegal but again nobody cares about you smoking it on the sly.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Openly sold on Facebook.

Obviously I only buy it for medicinal purposes.

Post a link up then .

Ifs its completely legal , then it wouldn't be against any rules to post a link up to things being sold legally .

If there's anything illegal going on, it would be against forum rules to post a link to it 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Post a link up then .

Ifs its completely legal , then it wouldn't be against any rules to post a link up to things being sold legally .

If there's anything illegal going on, it would be against forum rules to post a link to it 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2989044084673472/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Post a link up then .

We do have a sponsor selling buds + ... nuff said

That's not legal enough.  

Along with brick & mortar shops dotted around the country.

FB & LINE business may not be registered business, so better not

to post.  Also not paid advertisers to AN ... again, reason not to post.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Clearly I am missing something here, but hundreds of links have been posted here since 9 June 2022 and PrikPot is an official forum sponsor.

https://prikpot.com/

I have purchased quite a bit of Cannabis including in shops in Bangkok: Sukhumweed, Taratera, Chopaka.

There are at least a hundred physical shops selling Cannabis in Thailand.

I feel like I missed some huge announcement.

That is the legal weed that contains less than 0.2 % THC .

Generally any weed that contains less than 10 % THC is considered to be low level weak stuff 

• Haha 2

I believe the real problem is lack of clarity of the laws regarding the devil's lettuce (credit: Ned Flanders). It's been years since I tried any and wouldn't mind a toke now, but I'm NOT confident some BiB would see me and leave me be. I think they would make my life miserable with arrest/fines.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is not legal to buy and sell weed in Thailand, it is only legal to sell medicinal FDA approved products with a license. I really start to get angry about how ignorant people are, is it that hard to properly read a 3 sentence law?

Stroll on! Roll a fat one and chill out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My websearch says its true 

A good rule of thumb when judging THC content is to keep in mind the following:
  • Low: <10%
  • Medium: 10% to 20%
  • High: 20% to 30%
  • Very high: More than 30%

Buzz factor while still smoking:

good ... before finishing 1 gr doobie

better ... before finishing half 1 gr doobie 

best ... before finishing half of 1/2 gr doobie

• Like 1

illegal or not, unapproved for recreation or whatever, the fact right now is that the police will not prosecute anyone for possession or even selling, walking on Sukhumvit from Soi 3 to 19 right now I counted no less than 3-4 trucks offering flower and paraphernalia from rolling papers to bongs, some brick and mortar shops are starring to spring up too, and looking at the map there seems to be more 'artisanal' dealers in side sois too

This being Thailand, you probably can't just roll up in a truck and start selling without being well connected and have the blessings of the local boys in brown

As a former heavy smoker my advice to smokers is buy buy buy  while you can.

Thai goal posts are never set in cement which is why they have succeeded in avoiding a lot of flack from international opinion over the centuries.

Things will not long remain as they are now.  Traditionally they like to hang back rather than take the lead. 

If they once perceive that they are leading the pack and out on a limb, no longer following the pack but leading it , then they will forget all talk of hubs and seek a nut and bolt situation..

Things are going to tighten up so make hay while the sun shines. Get a stash in.

It's worth noting that the reaction to the now fluid situation has taken the authorities completely by surprise and the juvenile flood of comments on social media will only hasten the tightening up the current unclear situation. 

If smokers had just done their thing without talking about it so much it would have worked in their favor. But talk attracts attention , and not all of it friendly.

Imagine discovering an unspoilt beach....no tourists and cheap bungalows. If you go online and brag about your discovery , tell the net where it is and post pictures of it , and then a few years later it is no longer as you found it ?  Are you not in some way responsible for the negative change ?

• Like 2