Small towns nightlife

Some of my best night's have been in these types of places or similar, although admittedly I'd normally have a friend or two with me, but not always.   

In reality though, many western men here would be way out of their comfort zone in these types of establishments. Some would not only be uncomfortable but actually (unnecessarily) scared to enter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

All small towns have karaoke/girlie bars on the fringes. You don't need to speak Thai. Just go in and get a bottle of beer. Someone will always come and sit with you and share your beer. Give her 20 Baht to sing a few songs. If you enjoy dancing (even if you are a bad dancer) that is a sure ice breaker. There will usually be a few Thai blokes happy to shout you a few beers and make sure you have a good night with the girls.

It's pot luck, but most of the time you can find someone. 

Some of my best night's have been in these types of places or similar, although admittedly I'd normally have a friend or two with me, but not always.   

In reality though, many western men here would be way out of their comfort zone in these types of establishments. Some would not only be uncomfortable but actually (unnecessarily) scared to enter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brotherother said:

admittedly I'd normally have a friend or two with me, but not always.   

Probably key. Want friends, pack 'em in with you. Point for the OP is that there's not going to be any hot attractive young women there or anywhere else in Thailand giving out free sex to a middle-aged, overweight, impecunious, prospectless Australian male. Very different situation from that of a young, handsome guy with a trust fund--as I can attest from the countless amorous adventures recounted by a young acquaintance of mine. Those, while also holding down a rich hi-so girl getting her MBA from Chula. Met her once, briefly.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That doesn't seem to matter your the one with a wallet. ????

Get with the program. The plan is to leave the slim wallet safely stashed in a sock, its disappearance explained by a sad and terribly unfortunate theft on the train. That's a panty dropper right there.

Then just carry on with the ol' wit, charm, and debonair cargo shorts to get an invitation to her room, hopefully within easy walking distance. There begins the long-anticipated expedition to find the wet spot.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Get with the program. The plan is to leave the slim wallet safely stashed in a sock, its disappearance explained by a sad and terribly unfortunate theft on the train. That's a panty dropper right there.

Then just carry on with the ol' wit, charm, and debonair cargo shorts to get an invitation to her room, hopefully within easy walking distance. There begins the long-anticipated expedition to find the wet spot.

Couldn't be bother with bothering get free at 500 there rough, at 3,000 now that's the ticket.

Most here will consider me as a professional " party-pooper". Fine with me.

Farangs (mostly) associate rural Thailand with the Isan. Other provinces are far less accomodating for the needs and desires of viral Farangs.

Example: The "corridor", starting in BKK, reaching almost to Chiang May (and everything west of it), is still considered a relatively "affluent" rural environement. Few young Ladies have ended up in Tourist Hot Spots over time, originating from this rural corner of Thailand.

As I was there: A Farang had to establish his financial capabilities and deliver proof of his "solid charakter", before an established Thai Family would allow their daughter to associate with any Farang. A "debonair" short term appearance of a Farang will not suffice to "break any ice".

- Of course, there are also Karaoke-Bars outside of the Isan (50 to 100 Km's apart), needing introduction of trustworthy Thais to enter. Remarkably: Most hostesses there originate from the Isan.

Conclusion: If looking for "spice", concentrate on Tourist Hot Spots or the Isan. Other (more affluent) provinces are just too cumbersome. The locals not needing any "White Knight Farangs", him depending on some shaky pension money from their "home country".

PS: I surely know how to make friends around here. Don't I?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

All small towns have karaoke/girlie bars on the fringes.

Covid killed the few that were around here. None reopened yet.

Away from the tourist spots a lot can depend on how attractive you are , never mind them. If you are a fat old slob in shorts and sandals who easily scores in Pattaya , it won't be so easy in the provinces. You need to be a bit more presentable, leastwise that was my experience.

• Like 1