House panel cuts ฿7.4 billion for two F-35A combat jets, Thai air force defends plan

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

House subcommittee on durable goods, information technology, state enterprises and revolving funds

I expect that committee soon to be shutdown and workers moved to inactive posts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not Common slap just another major slap in Prayuts face as he stared down the recent vote of no confidence hearings.....Ego's are being bruised the country over with election losses and looming protests.....

Nothing as fragile as a Thai male ego.

• Like 1

It's a matter of keeping the military chiefs happy 

Like the fiasco of the Submarines these projects are all pie in the sky 

Who are they going to use these weapons against ????

Better investing on getting jobs for the working population 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DezLez said:

Has there been a sudden outbreak of common-sense?

If so I hope it becomes contagious!

It is probably called a 'pre election' move to make the goverment look as though they are actually doing something. Same as the story about more police being censored and or sacked!!!!????????????????

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DezLez said:

What is pathetic;

My post or that you agree that the committee in question is pathetic?

You're a little too sensitive about these things. To put you at ease, I was referring to the committee. I don't make personal attacks. Or at least I try to avoid them. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The panel felt that the 7.4 billion baht, already allocated in the 2023 fiscal year for the procurement of the planes, should be cut for the time being and be used for other more urgent projects

I agree. How about on the setting up of more quality cannabis farms? ????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

What is the logic(I know TIT) of only two F-35's?   Demonstration flights or Air Shows? 

A very interesting question, thank you. Last night on You Tube in a neighboring country, I watched a documentary about aircraft (civil and military) being used as "play things". I'm sure this documentary would have been banned in Thailand. I will not elaborate so please do not ask any questions. It will be very interesting to see the final outcome.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

3 hours ago, webfact said:

he panel felt that the 7.4 billion baht, already allocated in the 2023 fiscal year for the procurement of the planes, should be cut for the time being and be used for other more urgent projects or to help ease the hardships of people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

I wish the thought that much before dumping 2.3 billion baht on that Chinese sub with no engine...

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The panel felt that the 7.4 billion baht, already allocated in the 2023 fiscal year for the procurement of the planes, should be cut for the time being and be used for other more urgent projects or to help ease the hardships of people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Some sense at last.

12 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Oh yes. I've often said what Thailand really needs is fighter jets, lol

Try taking care of the people who have been impacted by Covid first why don't you?

Got to keep the Generals and Commanders in employment.

• Like 1