Anutin: No U-turn on marijuana - minister pressing ahead with use of drug in "two trillion baht wellness tourism"

webfact

twist has already came.

so now have to pay to Dr Anutin Bumjaithai mafia-style political party for licences, permits, certification etc.

Half money under table, as per usual, plus 10% from profits.

That's a great income for a political party just before the general election for vote buying.

The most lucrative part of business - processing and export, will be limited only to dr Anutin associates.

Everything according to master plan, written yet before the last general election - engineer Anutin for health ministry to monopolise ganja for Buriram province.

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

twist has already came.

so now have to pay to Dr Anutin Bumjaithai mafia-style political party for licences, permits, certification etc.

Half money under table, as per usual, plus 10% from profits.

That's a great income for a political party just before the general election for vote buying.

The most lucrative part of business - processing and export, will be limited only to dr Anutin associates.

Everything according to master plan, written yet before the last general election - engineer Anutin for health ministry to monopolise ganja for Buriram province.

And if I was in his position I'd do exactly the same, as would anybody else, if only they were honest enough to admit it

Edited by Bday Prang

12 hours ago, stoner said:

try a dab. youll feel like a virgin again.

not easy to find one of those in our village  ......anyway  what exactly did you mean by "again"  has somebody been talking

23 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

The alleged concern by some regarding the "youth of Thailand" is nothing more than misplaced virtue signalling and  people grasping at straws .  "ban it if only for the sake of kids and the mentally ill"  etc etc

Kids ( and everybody else) have always had easy access to cannabis regardless of regulations. Something that the prohibitionists don't seem to be able to grasp is that its always been available and always will be.

I haven't heard any of these "concerned" people voice any opposition to the legal status of alcohol for the same reasons, Their "concern" for the youth of Thailand seems to disappear when they realise that it may impact their own consumption of the legalised and dangerous drug that they happen to like. They also complain on here frequently regarding any restrictions regarding the availability of alcohol that were put in place to protect kids 

Bearing that in mind , its  (almost) understandable that  objections are voiced from teetotallers, for obvious reasons !  but for anybody who enjoys alcohol to object to the  cannabis legalisation is absolute hypocrisy and based entirely on fear and ignorance.  After all 100 years of U;S funded "reefer madness" will not disappear over night

They smugly post links to any anti cannabis propaganda they can find on the internet whilst dismissing any other relevant facts as worthless.  However they all choose to ignore the fact that there is at least 100 times more information available on the internet highlighting the problems of alcohol consumption

Realistically how can cannabis be illegal, and, along with its users be vilified when alcohol is legal and embraced, to the extent that abstainers often need to explain themselves and are often viewed with a mixture of suspicion and disdain?

Surely If one is banned the other should be banned also

As they say ...."people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"   but I prefer "live and let live"

I'm not advocating a ban on alcohol or anything else for that matter but in the interests of "fairness" maybe its the only way forward hahahahaha

Post of the year

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh dear ! you seem to have fired off a little "prematurely!"  (cannabis can help with that, along with may other problems, lol)

and before you ask  here is your link...

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/weed-whiplash-arrest-order-for-dispensary-operators-revoked-after-spreading-confusion-fear/

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh dear ! you seem to have fired off a little "prematurely!"  (cannabis can help with that, along with may other problems, lol)

and before you ask  here is your link...

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/weed-whiplash-arrest-order-for-dispensary-operators-revoked-after-spreading-confusion-fear/

You may want to view my response to that link. What problems do you feel I have that you suggest I take cannabis for?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1267197-royal-thai-police-to-conduct-prosecutions-against-illegal-cannabis-sales/?do=findComment&comment=17506864

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You may want to view my response to that link. What problems do you feel I have that you suggest I take cannabis for?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1267197-royal-thai-police-to-conduct-prosecutions-against-illegal-cannabis-sales/?do=findComment&comment=17506864

your response being...

Utter chaos, another fine example of just why this whole thing on June 9th should not have been rushed through before appropriate laws and regulations were in place. 

"officials jumped the gun by insisting on licenses that don’t actually exist nor were required by law."

“That’s exactly the point,” he said. “Welcome to Thailand.”

There is no "chaos" you are being melodramatic . The only thing this is a "fine example of"   is " lily livered politicians " who having made a brave and forward thinking decision  have now lost the courage of their convictions when faced with opposition from a very vocal minority, who's voice has been amplified as usual by mainstream media,   This has been exacerbated by opposition MP's who , naturally, think they have spotted an opportunity to discredit the current administration, and have jumped on the bandwagon regardless of their personal feelings towards the legalisation.

You and your fellow prohibitionists are well outnumbered on this forum  and this reflects the current views of society in general.

As usual the politicians are well out of touch with how people really feel, mainly due to them forming their opinions on matters like this by listening to the aforementioned vocal minorities and mainstream media, If they bothered to actually meet, talk to and listen to all the members of their constituencies they would see things as they really are.

That applies to all matters. not only cannabis.  

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

your response being...

Utter chaos, another fine example of just why this whole thing on June 9th should not have been rushed through before appropriate laws and regulations were in place. 

"officials jumped the gun by insisting on licenses that don’t actually exist nor were required by law."

“That’s exactly the point,” he said. “Welcome to Thailand.”

There is no "chaos" you are being melodramatic . The only thing this is a "fine example of"   is " lily livered politicians " who having made a brave and forward thinking decision  have now lost the courage of their convictions when faced with opposition from a very vocal minority, who's voice has been amplified as usual by mainstream media,   This has been exacerbated by opposition MP's who , naturally, think they have spotted an opportunity to discredit the current administration, and have jumped on the bandwagon regardless of their personal feelings towards the legalisation.

You and your fellow prohibitionists are well outnumbered on this forum  and this reflects the current views of society in general.

As usual the politicians are well out of touch with how people really feel, mainly due to them forming their opinions on matters like this by listening to the aforementioned vocal minorities and mainstream media, If they bothered to actually meet, talk to and listen to all the members of their constituencies they would see things as they really are.

That applies to all matters. not only cannabis.  

Still waiting to see what my problems are that you suggest I take cannabis for? Once you've replied to that then feel free to discuss my response in the thread where I made it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 9:19 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Marijuana for Wellness tourism, I think I may have just returned to my days visiting Jamaica........................who makes up this garbage, Has Amsterdam become a Wellness hub as well throughout the decades?....asking for Cheech and Chong.

"Open the door, it's Dave".

"Dave?......Dave's not here man.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:32 PM, overherebc said:

Why don't you explain why the government wants to restrict the THC to 0.2% but there is no mention of CBD. Both have some similar effects with reference to  pain relief and other problems but it's the THC that gives people the 'high'. Isn't that why they say 'medical benefits and not smoke what you want and get as high as you want?

Found this.

Interesting.

Screenshot_20220728-201759_OneDrive.jpg