Kid goes home with a sign stapled to his shirt - teacher is transferred and father is furious

webfact

Is it compulsory to send kids to school here? can you home school them instead. In the UK education is compulsory but it's not illegal not to send them to school and educate them yourself. Schools are so bad here I would want to teach them myself and avoid the indoctrination, marching about and absurd multi uniform nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's not many people in Thailand that are not in possession or have access to a mobile! Collect all parents tel numbers and do a block 'SMS' !

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a little more to thus story if that is the case the teacher should have gone the whole 9 yards and tattooed it on the kids forehead. 

17 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

You're talking about first grade kids most of whom probably haven't learned to read yet and may have trouble understanding, remembering and communicating instructions. No one mentions the trouble the teacher took to write out the message. If the kid showed up the next day in his regular uniform instead of the traditional outfit everyone else was wearing, the father would probably be whining about the psychological damage done to the kid and why the teacher didn't just pin a note to his uniform. And you wonder why nobody wants to be a teacher. Jeez.

If a teachers thinks that the best wat to educate a child is by stapling messages on the child , then the teacher shouldn't be a teacher .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

It's mentioned clearly this was for a special day (Thai language day - which doesn't happen every week or month...) and therefore special clothes.

It doesn't say it was meaning the standard dress code for Tuesday or whatever.

Further is it possible the family has several kids and is struggling to feed them let alone have all the numerous uniforms for several kids?

And further why didn't the teacher attach the same A4 note to the shirts of all/many of the students? 

Well done.

And for the rest who failed to notice that it was notifying of THAI TRADITIONAL DRESS :

The kid had been CORRECTLY wearing his SCHOOL UNIFORM(S), and will no doubt continue to do so:

"The sign had called for the children to wear Thai dress or other options".

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, leither69 said:

Obviously you missed a bit of school yourself judging by the lack of comprehensive English!! Over and above that, your comment is nonsense.

and you never have worked as a teacher....... but comment on things you don't know

What is with posters on here?   speaking like Thailand is the only country making kids wear uniforms in school, have you lost your minds!!  every country as far as i know and at the very least the majority, make you wear uniform at school.  Thai bashing at its best. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, leither69 said:

Obviously you missed a bit of school yourself judging by the lack of comprehensive English!! Over and above that, your comment is nonsense.

Comment on things you don't know or have a clue is easy.... and education??? if you look at your comment you are not so educated too

• Haha 1

"set up a committee of investigation" ....... that's why nothing works in this country. 

This teacher needs to be properly reprimanded, if not completely blocked, defrocked or delicensed to work as a teacher. It is the teacher's responsibility to run a communication channel with parents circumventing the child of any responsibility or penalty. 

But, as the saying goes, in Thailand you "play the fiddle to a buffalo" ........... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook suggested that the parents did not read a Line messages. 

A parent was furious that their child was singled out like this and said that everyone was looking when he went to collect the child.

Why do they need to use line or staple it to a childs shirt. If the parent comes to collect their child , couldn't the teacher inform them face to face ? 

Edited by NE1

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Wow, why not write it on their forehead! Will they buy a new shirt? Unbelievable how some of these local teachers carry on... cutting kids' hair off etc. Lucky they didn't mess with the wrong mf's son and get a nice slap for their efforts.

Be careful. Most Thai parents picking up their kids from school have a gun or machete on board.

• Thanks 1

Surely as a bona fide Thai school teacher she would have more properly humiliated the child by hacking his hair off or indeed beating him with a shoe or similar - instead of wasting her valuable day and stationery in this way.

:tongue:

• Haha 2

He said that the teacher had good intentions and was concerned that the child would not dress up like friends if the parents had not been informed. The teacher was worried that the child would be left out

Right, so humiliating the kid in front of everybody in school is a much better option... Damb A**hole

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

TBH, it's hard for a parent to keep track of what uniform, daughter had 3, was to be worn what day,  It's silly period, to tell students what clothes to wear.  Uniforms are nothing but a scam & money grab.

Even the teachers I know hated the silliness of them having to wear different uniforms on different days.   That's the teachers themselves, not student uniforms.

Many families don't have the funds or the LINE access out of town, and sending the kids to a better school is sometimes a stretch on their finances.

All true.

....and none of this ridiculousness will change unless the teachers and parents stand their dissenting ground as a greater collective. 

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Wow, why not write it on their forehead! Will they buy a new shirt? Unbelievable how some of these local teachers carry on... cutting kids' hair off etc. Lucky they didn't mess with the wrong mf's son and get a nice slap for their efforts.

When I was 6 and attending a German school on Dublin back in '57, a teacher scraped something on my forehead with chalk. It hurt.

When my mother came home and saw me... she freaked. My dad was called from work and the Garda/police called.

He had burned a swastika on my forehead.

He was deported. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Teachers in Thailand seem to have massive egos.

I've been around over a THOUSAND of Thai teachers.   Yes, the older women seem to demand a crazy amount of respect from their students.  Male teachers, I haven't seen anything crazy from them.  New teachers?   No.   

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Senseless bleating from sheeple. A good idea in my opinion after I found it was stap[led to his clothing, not to his flesh. How about saving the constant complaining for real issues.

"Senseless bleating from sheeple."?

I can assure you that if this had happened in the UK the teacher's feet wouldn't have touched the floor!

• Like 1