electricity bill in June higher?

dj230

12 hours ago, Happy Howard said:

Our electricity bill in May was approx. 3,300. In June it was 6,400. This month (July) it was 4,600. I just can't work it out!!!

If you post your latest bill (redact the personal details) we can help you work it out.

On 7/27/2022 at 4:08 PM, fredob43 said:

They did say Electric was going up. I get my bill on the 25th? of every month. Last month it was 3.300BHT This month payed it this morning was 2.550BHT I have ball parked the costs was a tad less but I rounded them up. The only thing I have done differently was have changed one of my A/C to an LG Duel Inverter. If that would make that much difference I doubt very much. So who knows. I was pleased anyway. 

Did the same saw a 500 baht drop. 

On 7/27/2022 at 3:41 PM, dj230 said:

Got my electricity bill for June and it was significantly higher than prior months, 2500 baht vs 1500 baht and no change in use,

"...and no change in use..."

There have been no rate increases yet so there's something seriously wrong if you are really claiming that you haven't used any more units than last month.  Your electricity supplier should be asked to check the meter.   The number of units consumed is on your bill.

Edit:  Ok, ok, just seen his subsequent post in which he  writes that he's now actually read his bill.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 7/28/2022 at 8:59 AM, Hamus Yaigh said:

did something change with energy prices the past month or two?

Seriously? Energy prices have been rising since last year. You can thank the end of pandemic lock downs, Putin and the Green agenda.

Seriously?  Electricity charges have not increased.  What's your agenda?

On 7/30/2022 at 1:10 PM, thailand49 said:

Did the same saw a 500 baht drop. 

Well maybe it was a great idea to change to an Inverter. If you and others have also found that they do reduce costs. 

I have 5 aircons three not used that much. But the two that we do use are both LG inverters. One is on almost 24/7 They work great, quiet, as long as I service/clean them every 4 months They seem to plod on forever. The one that's on most of the time is 2 years old never a problem. Also not that expensive 14.500BHT fitted.   

Edited by fredob43

On 7/27/2022 at 3:50 PM, howlee101 said:

Not sure of the exact date but recall a few weeks ago my wife saying they announced the rate was going up to 5 baht per unit.

My landlady charges 8 baht as usual, but instead of 4 baht + 4 baht 'service charge', the bill this time said '5 baht + 3 baht service charge'.

Got my electricity bill for June and it was significantly higher than prior months, 2500 baht vs 1500 baht and no change in use, did something change with energy prices the past month or two?

Have you used the aircon more frequently and at a lower temperature, perhaps?

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Have you used the aircon more frequently and at a lower temperature, perhaps?

Also ... when was last time OP cleaned the filters or had it service.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Also ... when was last time OP cleaned the filters or had it service.

Cleaned / serviced before move in a month ago, im guessing it’s just the quality of the ac units. Was kind of surprised the difference in bill. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tykes said:

Our electricity bill was 824 baht for the month of July which seems incredibly low having had 12 family members staying at our property for a month, the June bill was 750 baht, so I'm not complaining. 

In most cases it is cost of air conditioning that drives electric bill and that varies by person and location and weather (as few cook with electric here - and toaster or hot pot is not on that long).  Refrigerators likely place a distant second.  Fans and led lighting is minimal.  

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

In most cases it is cost of air conditioning that drives electric bill and that varies by person and location and weather (as few cook with electric here - and toaster or hot pot is not on that long).  Refrigerators likely place a distant second.  Fans and led lighting is minimal.  

Yes your right, we have 2 fridges, toaster, microwave, etc, most of our cooking is with gas or coal, lot's of barbecues, only 1 air conditioning for the bedroom at night, seldom used because of the insulation round the roof. As for the electricity, lighting etc comes from the solar system. We invested in cost cutting about 10 years ago and it seems to have been worth it now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tykes said:

We invested in cost cutting about 10 years ago and it seems to have been worth it now. 

Also been adapting and adjusting to the unfriendly economic times, the past few decades.  Moved almost entirely to self sufficiency, this past adjustment.   Should be the last.

Each move has brought rewards financially and mentally.  ROI are instant mentally, and within 5 yrs financially, as is the present adjustment.  

Aug 02, PM cancels planned power tariff hike.

The higher tariff was due between September and December 2022. The power tariff was to rise to 4.72 baht per kilowatt hour, up from a rate of 4 baht.

The Ft is expected to rise to 0.93 baht per kilowatt hour, up from 0.24 baht.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Resident Alien said:

Aug 02, PM cancels planned power tariff hike.

As much as the news would be appreciated, the only source I found is the "other" newspaper.

Has someone found confirmation?

Yep, same here, bill was up one thousand baht from the usual. Normally during hot season its 500-700 baht more, cool season the same but that amount less. I'm not doing anything different to make it higher and if anything it has been unseasonably cool weather, so I often don't need to use air-conditioning at night for example. But of course there was no news about that, its more important to keep banging on about various sundry  imaginary problems we are all supposed to be having so I'm probably  just a conspiracy theorist and my electricity isn't more expensive its just me, and perhaps I should go back to Germany and see a therapist if I don't like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Aug 15

The Energy Regulatory Commission has approved an 18% rise in the price of electricity for the September-December, to 4.72 baht per kilowatt hour.

The increase comes from the fuel tariff component in the electricity tariff increasing to 0.9343 baht per KWh.

Edited by Resident Alien