Is this the end of Thailand's Tourist Industry?

Robin

problem (in my experience) with the eVisa is it asks for some documentation which in some cases is impossible to provide depending on circumstances

made the mistake of using a Thai bank as proof of funds, then my UK bank statement as proof of address (nothing else was in my name), application was rejected for having no money in the UK bank

not sure why they chose to ignore the money in my Thai bank

22 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The E-Visas are rather difficult to get online .

Nothing more than perception.

My application maybe took about an hour and I had the visa 3 days later.

One thing is for sure, not going away.

On 7/27/2022 at 12:40 PM, Robin said:

I am soon to be returning to Thailand with no visa, after letting my Retirement visa expire while in UK, an shocked as to how difficult/ uncertain it is to get a visa to enter Thailand.

Sorry I dont see your point. You can enter Thailand visa exempt 30 days and then extend for 30 days. You can then choose to obtain a Non O based on Retirement and get your extension of stay again as long as you meet the 800k requirements.

Its not hard to get a visa to come to Thailand the e system although not straight forward is easy once you understand it. Most of the things they ask you to provide are not actually required as its a generic application. Most people dont have issues.

Unfortunately you are hankering over how things were a long time ago, things change and move on so should you. Being older is no excuse.

8 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

made the mistake of using a Thai bank as proof of funds, then my UK bank statement as proof of address (nothing else was in my name), application was rejected for having no money in the UK bank

I used UK credit card for address and Thai bank statement, not a problem.

Personally I would see it as extremely risky sending 2 different bank statements, depending on which one they look at first it could be game over.

A few years ago I did an extension, the IO just looked at my letter from the Embassy and said I didn't have enough money to get extension, my wife had to explain to her it was the combo method.