American pensioner found dead on rocks in Phuket - it's believed he slipped and fell while walking

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Chalong police in Phuket were alerted by a fisherman who found a dead body on the rocks at Yanui Beach, a small inlet on the holiday island in southern Thailand. 

Yesterday morning police and rescue teams found the badly decomposed body that was dressed in t-shirt, shorts and shoes. 

The body was taken to Vachira Hospital for autopsy.

Siam Rath reported that a passport of a 74 year old American man was found along with many foreign currencies and a room key.

It is believed that the man had been out walking when he fell and there was no one around to help him.

The authorities were checking his room at a nearby resort. 

No name and no estimated day of death was given in the story, notes ASEAN NOW. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 4

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Poor chap, still at 74 dying while having a walk on the beach isn't the worst way to go. 

you never know.  He might have had a stroke, a heart attack and the fall was not really the proximal cause of death.  Maybe a quick ending.  But going out while on a walk is kind of how I want to go as I love walking.  Seeing nature one last time would be OK with me vs. lying in some sterile nursing home withering away, watching my fortune get spent instead of going to my heirs or friends

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Falling season starts earlier and earlier every year ???? Rip

no short balcony railing involved in this case. given that his ID, hotel key, monies etc were still on him, may be just a slip and fall, maybe a heart attack, a stroke, or some other natural cause.  Hot and humid heat stroke, etc.  No idea of his health history known etc.  Kind of sad to just be discarded and not found for a while though.

• Like 1

American pensioner

Not a word used by Americans.  American retiree, I guess.

He might be on a pension, but he's living off his retirement.  

In case anyone goes to America ............ of course, we understand pensioner, but you won't here it there by Americans.  

22 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

American pensioner

Not a word used by Americans.  American retiree, I guess.

He might be on a pension, but he's living off his retirement.  

In case anyone goes to America ............ of course, we understand pensioner, but you won't here it there by Americans.  

yes.  We don't use pensioner much.  Certainly not in a direct reference.  Sometimes a widow is referred to as a pensioner when she gets the husband's work pension after he passes.  Pensions are becoming rarer and rarer in the private world here.  Most major Defense companies no longer even offer pensions.  Only older legacy employees hired on board decades ago still qualify.  US Government workers and of course Military can get pensions and they are called that, but still rarely called pensioners