Warning about Chinese rocket debris falling back to Earth on July 31st

webfact

15 hours ago, DezLez said:

It has nothing to do with being "bombard us with an old space station! 

What difference does it make what they are bombarded the world with? They shouldn't be bombarding us with anything. There are already international space norms for breakup of space junk so that it mostly burns up before hitting the ground, and the Chinese are notorious for ignoring this in their rocket designs. They also have most of their country lying outside the current hit zone.

Came down. Not too far in global terms!

First headline I saw simply said "Southeast Asia".

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/30/science/china-rocket-debris-fall.html

"People in Sarawak, a province of Malaysia on the island of Borneo, reported sightings of the rocket debris on social media, with many believing the pyrotechnics at first to be a meteor shower or a comet."

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 7/29/2022 at 4:59 PM, DezLez said:

It has nothing to do with being "bombard us with an old space station! 

I suggest you read the article you quoted which says;

"The debris is from the over 20-ton core stage of a rocket launched on July 24th to take the second module for China’s unfinished Tiangong space station."

NASA is so paranoid that China is surpassing US space program. while spacex rocket debris creates a fantastic show

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/26/22351956/oregon-washington-meteor-shower-explanation-spacex-falcon-9-rocket-debris

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, capcase said:

NASA is so paranoid that China is surpassing US space program.  

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/26/22351956/oregon-washington-meteor-shower-explanation-spacex-falcon-9-rocket-debris

Maybe NASA is "paranoid" but the article you quote has nothing to do with the Chinese or NASA, or Space Stations as implied in the first line of your post!

It is dated Mar 26 and is all about  the remains of an American SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket which failed to complete its de-orbit burn and did what the Chinese one has just done!

Edited by DezLez
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DezLez said:

Maybe NASA is "paranoid" but the article you quote has nothing to do with the Chinese or NASA, or Space Stations as implied in the first line of your post!

It is dated Mar 26 and is all about  the remains of an American SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket which failed to complete its de-orbit burn and did what the Chinese one has just done!

you don't get the big picture, the whole china satellite debits story is a propaganda exaggerated by NASA to defame china while it is ok for spacex debris to have fantastic night show, i am just pointing out the typical double standards & hypocrisy

https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20220731-nasa-criticises-china-following-booster-rocket-s-uncontrolled-return-to-earth

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, capcase said:

the whole china satellite debits story is a propaganda exaggerated by NASA to defame china

Then why did you not post a link to your suggested "big picture" rather than post a link which had no mention of NASA, China or Space stations?

PS;  I assume by "satellite debits" you actually mean  "launch rocket debris" or is that another "big picture" I am not getting.

23 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Hey, that was a fun thread. I don't think anyone got angry with anyone else. Some clever and knowledgeable comments.

Should be more of this stuff????????????????

Clever and knowledgeable comments?   I must have missed them.   All I saw were a load of predictable, racist and very boring comments about Somchais, picking their noses, break failure, som tam.......in a thread that has nothing to do with Thailand.

Yeah, very clever and knowledgable.....if that's your idea of fun you live a very different life to me (I am glad to say).

1 hour ago, capcase said:

you don't get the big picture, the whole china satellite debits story is a propaganda exaggerated by NASA to defame china

Oh my! Are people defaming China, yet again?! How about China grows up, gets a thicker skin, quits whingeing non stop about real or imagined slights. China is a big nation now, time to star acting like one, quit playing the poor little victim card. The sanctimonious victim/bully schtick is bloody old. 

29 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Clever and knowledgeable comments?   I must have missed them.   All I saw were a load of predictable, racist and very boring comments about Somchais, picking their noses, break failure, som tam.......in a thread that has nothing to do with Thailand.

Yeah, very clever and knowledgable.....if that's your idea of fun you live a very different life to me (I am glad to say).

Somchai, Farang etc etc. Choose your poison.

Methinks you

are fixated on racism. Are you related to Anutin?

Enjoy your very different life wherever you are and pick your threads more carefully next time. Goodbye.????????

4 hours ago, capcase said:

you don't get the big picture, the whole china satellite debits story is a propaganda exaggerated by NASA to defame china while it is ok for spacex debris to have fantastic night show, i am just pointing out the typical double standards & hypocrisy

https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20220731-nasa-criticises-china-following-booster-rocket-s-uncontrolled-return-to-earth

A 'fantastic light show' indicates that the debris burnt up in the atmosphere, which is the design intention of Spacex/NASA/ESA etc space hardware.  Low melting point aluminium construction is used wherever possible.

China is doing some wonderful things with their space program but designing for unplanned (and planned) re-entry into the atmosphere doesn't seem to be on their list of requirements...

(I worked as a satellite and space flight hardware designer for many years!)

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 2:11 AM, simon43 said:

A 'fantastic light show' indicates that the debris burnt up in the atmosphere, which is the design intention of Spacex/NASA/ESA etc space hardware.  Low melting point aluminium construction is used wherever possible.

China is doing some wonderful things with their space program but designing for unplanned (and planned) re-entry into the atmosphere doesn't seem to be on their list of requirements...

designed intention of light show, unfortunately it was not true

SpaceX space junk crash lands in Australian sheep farm

https://www.livescience.com/spacex-rocket-hits-sheep-farm

On 8/1/2022 at 2:11 AM, simon43 said:

MORE SPACE JUNK WILL FALL IN AUSTRALIA, SAYS KEY SCIENTIST

https://australianaviation.com.au/2022/08/more-space-junk-will-fall-in-australia-says-key-scientist/