New online danger: Kid, 10, tricked by call center gang - dad loses 1.2 million baht

webfact

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:
11 minutes ago, webfact said:

The child took a picture of the father's Thai ID and sent it to the gang after contact on the Line app.

Then the transfers started and continued until contact was blocked. 

Yeah, right!

With the facility to pay bills etcetera buy using your ID card linked to your account in lieu of a dedicated Debit/Credit Card, it's quite possible, also it's entirely possible that he had a copy of his ID in the phone anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

With the facility to pay bills etcetera buy using your ID card linked to your account in lieu of a dedicated Debit/Credit Card, it's quite possible, also it's entirely possible that he had a copy of his ID in the phone anyway.

Interesting. Thank god I don't have something like this on my phone.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Mr A was confused as he had signed up to get SMS notification on online banking activity but received none though he continued to get such notifications about interest payments.

65 texts were not received ? hahahaha but then he got notifications of interest and was like....naaaaah itll be fine.

thai cannot take responsibility for anything. what a total loser this man is. using your kid as the fall guy too. damn talk about low morality. 

• Sad 1

I wrote this translation. To me it is totally plausible especially given the pandemic when young children were given access to parents' phones out of online learning necessity. Some older folk who post here can't fathom how kids know more than them when it comes to online activity and me, as a former school teacher and father of four, know how tricky kids can be, especially when games are involved.

Rooster

• Like 2