Drunk Russian tourist in Pattaya reportedly breaks through gogo’s glass door, attacks guard, after being unable to pay for drinks

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: รักสยาม นิวส์

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — A drunk Russian man reportedly broke through a glass door of an entertainment venue on Pattaya’s Walking Street after being unable to pay for his drinks. The man also allegedly punched a pursuing guard’s face.

Pattaya police rushed to a nightlife venue, Dolls, on Pattaya Walking Street at 2:30 AM on Friday, July 29th, after a report that an intoxicated tourist had run through a glass door and sustained several cuts after having a verbal altercation with a staff member.

The Russian man was found intoxicated with injured wrists and an injured left arm. He told Pattaya municipal officials coming to his aid that his name was Viago, 25, without providing his last name immediately.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/29/drunk-russian-tourist-in-pattaya-reportedly-breaks-through-gogos-glass-door-attacks-guard-after-being-unable-to-pay-for-drinks/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

-

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bobbie Davies said:

Not that I have much sympathy for Russians right now, but the story could just as often be, and often is (put in Farang of your choice) gets drunk refuses to pay bill, get aggressive etc… Could even be Thai. Good gawker news, but that’s all.

Agreed, but the timing's a bit off though. 

This on the same day as news of Aeroflot's planned resumption of flights during October between Moscow and Phuket. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Rather odd that he had much of his 500 Baht in 20 Baht notes 

Why would his money be in 20 Bahts ?

Saw a Thai doing that before... exchanging 2x 1000 baht note with 20 baht notes at the bank. Apparently it saved money, as it would make purchases look more expensive, or something like that.

Maybe this bloke had a Thai girlfriend sharing the money management tips? I'm sure going into a gogo bar wasn't her advice, though...

2 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Change from previously paying for 60 or 80 baht beers with a 100 note ? I always wake up with a pocketful of 20's and sadly never a 500 or 1,000 ????

Don't think he bought any beers, it was either a whip-round or he raided the collection box for the local Temple....???? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

I would think after 2am they were operating illegally yet they still called friendly cops

Of course, they did, that's what bar owners pay their "retainer" to the police for, permission to be open and action when called upon for this sort of thing

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

I would think after 2am they were operating illegally yet they still called friendly cops

Well most clubs on walking street are open till sun rise because of the friendly cops. 

Edited by nightfox

Did I miss it---or has no one mentioned what the Check-Bin was ?  I know in places like patpong -BKK--you were ripped off, strong armed into paying a lot-- I dont know if that was the situation here or not.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Rather odd that he had much of his 500 Baht in 20 Baht notes 

Why would his money be in 20 Bahts ?

He's a busker? Like the guy who did Michael Jackson impersonations and then go spend in the GGB nearby. 

These Russian guys are ....(don't need a suspension)....

Edited by jacko45k