Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

Just now, Loiner said:

See through the media frenzy. Plus by-election blues, there’s often a slap on the wrist at mid term. 

There was no media frenzy. Just reports of his lies, corruption and incompetence from the Tory leaning MSM. His party ousted him because of his lies, corruption and incompetence, once they realised how toxic he was among the voting public.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

The titles they both accepted but "appear" not to use when it suits them;

"Sir Anthony Charles Lynton Blair KG" and  "Sir Keir Rodney Starmer KCB QC "   

Both of course common working men of the "labouring" class!

18 minutes ago, DezLez said:

I think you have got that the wrong way round!

No, I'm 100% certain that I'm correct.

Did Johnson announce his resignation after a meeting with the DG of the BBC or the Chairman of the 1922 committee?

Edited by RayC
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, DezLez said:

The link may use the word "lies" in it but please note that the article only uses, quite correctly, the word "misleading".

Please find me a politician who has never made a "misleading" statement.

I would also be interested to see if you can find a politician, or anyone for that matter, including possibly yourself, who has never lied?

If he was 'lying' he was not fit for office, if he was 'misleading' parliament then he was still not fit for office, given the number of occasions it happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, RayC said:

Then blame the Conservative Parliamentary party for Johnson's demise, not the media.

Without the constant media hyperbole and barrage for comment, opinion and “What are you going to do about it, aren’t you going to resign?” none of the parliamentary party would have done anything at all.

Unless they wanted the top job maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

If he was 'lying' he was not fit for office, if he was 'misleading' parliament then he was still not fit for office, given the number of occasions it happened.

You did not answer either of my questions!

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Oh yes there was. There still is one about the next PM. 

Oh no there wasn't. Media outlets reporting news is not a 'frenzy'.

Unless you count the Daily Mail, (the paper that supported Hitler) running 13 consecutive Beergate headlines.

Starmer was cleared. Will you condemn the Mail's "Witchunt"? 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

addressing your comment to Loiner and others, who insist on repeating the falsehood

You may have missed the media circus while pontificating from afar about Boris your current object of hate. We saw it all, in every medium possible, incessantly I’ll bet you only ever read the Garuniad reports about him. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RayC said:

must have been the straw that broke the camel's back so far as his parliamentary colleagues were concerned

The straw that broke the camel’s back was the coordinated resignation of Sunak and Javid. As Boris might have said “Et tu Rishi?”

• Like 2