Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But if the goal is to get police levels back to where they were, rectifying T. May cuts is not enough. That was the point of the post and it seems absolutely clear.

I think you believe a prospective cop, turns up, sign on the dotted line and that's it...............????

Now that could be how you think the process works, but perhaps a Google might put you straight.....????

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Couldn’t care less what the Labour Party gets up to. 

Just loving the race to lead the tories…as are the opposition. 

#gotruss

Yeeeeeh, I bet...................????

Plus your lot are thinking how they can dump beer Kier.....:whistling:

Edited by transam

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Couldn’t care less what the Labour Party gets up to. 

Just loving the race to lead the tories…as are the opposition. 

#gotruss

You do realize that Labour ARE the opposition? I mean, officially...

Or is that above your level of understanding of UK politics? ???? 

image.png.16401fddefa0f0d3b0117ca2098448d0.png

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Johnson set an actual goal of 20,000.

Not 20,000+.

20,000 is not enough to make up for all the cops lost. What about that fact don't you understand?

So you know his plans, a fly on the wall...................????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I, too, am rooting for the zombie version of Margaret Thatcher. I mean zombies are still popular, right?

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Corby & Abbott....????

• Sad 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

You do realize that Labour ARE the opposition? I mean, officially...

Or is that above your level of understanding of UK politics? ???? 

image.png.16401fddefa0f0d3b0117ca2098448d0.png

They are part of the opposition, the largest block by far but I still don’t care about their internal feuds and even if I did they are not related to this thread. 

The minor aspect of my degree was politics and uk politics was a specific area of study- so I understand quite a lot really. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

So you know his plans, a fly on the wall...................????

So a plan was set out, the govt claims it is on the way to fulfilling that plan, but, according to you that doesn't mean that they don't have another plan? Do you realize how ridiculous such a claim is? It allows for an all purpose defense of any govt by positing that they may have other plans we don't know about because they haven't released them.

They are part of the opposition, the largest block by far but I still don’t care about their internal feuds and even if I did they are not related to this thread. 

The minor aspect of my degree was politics and uk politics was a specific area of study- so I understand quite a lot really. 

No, they ARE the opposition.

Maybe better to learn how UK politics works if you are to attempt to appear knowledgable on the issues, otherwise you just come across as a bored troll. 

image.png.09bae291498071729529f353f12b74a6.png

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

So a plan was set out, the govt claims it is on the way to fulfilling that plan, but, according to you that doesn't mean that they don't have another plan? Do you realize how ridiculous such a claim is? It allows for an all purpose defense of any govt by positing that they may have other plans we don't know about because they haven't released them.

So you know what the future plans were AFTER the advertised 20,000 police numbers were achieved....?

Tell all, go for it.................????

I've got some news for you that will clearly come as a surprise. Neither is running for Prime Minister. But  clearly invoking the names of backbenchers is your go-to response when you've got nothing.

You referred to Zombies, not me......????

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

So you know what the future plans were AFTER the advertised 20,000 police numbers were achieved....?

Tell all, go for it.................????

Once again, the govt has said nothing about any greater nymber. if they planned for more, why not  aim for 30,000 instead of 20,000? Your claim is still ridiculous and is the kind that allows for any govt to make itself bulletproof against any criticism. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No, they ARE the opposition.

Maybe better to learn how UK politics works if you are to attempt to appear knowledgable on the issues, otherwise you just come across as a bored troll. 

image.png.09bae291498071729529f353f12b74a6.png

No they are part of the opposition. As the largest party they are the Official Opposition but I haves not referred to that role in any post.

There are other parties also in opposition. 

I know how uk politics work, I wonder if you do. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

Once again, the govt has said nothing about any greater nymber. if they planned for more, why not  aim for 30,000 instead of 20,000? Your claim is still ridiculous and is the kind that allows for any govt to make itself bulletproof against any criticism. 

Again, you are guessing at what those in control are doing. Please give stuff a little thought unless you have the full info. Thank You...

No they are part of the opposition. There are other parties also in the opposition. 

I know how uk politics work, I wonder if you do. 

I've provided 2 links already to educate you who the official opposition party are. It is currently the Labour party. There are no other parties in the opposition.

Here is a third. I advise you read it before replying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_Majesty's_Most_Loyal_Opposition_(United_Kingdom)

• Confused 1

Just now, transam said:

Again, you are guessing at what those in control are doing. Please give stuff a little thought unless you have the full info. Thank You...

Once again, the same old nonsense. How to criticize any government for failing to do enough if someone invokes the claims that since they may have further undiscloded plans it's invalid to criticize them for the current disclosed plan's failings. Why is it so difficult for you to understand this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But this thread is about a particular zombie named Liz Truss. Whatever the zombie status of Labor or Tory backbenchers may be, it's irrelevant.

So now you're an authority on Zombies in the Liz Truss for PM thread................Oh, well............????

Once again, the same old nonsense. How to criticize any government for failing to do enough if someone invokes the claims that since they may have further undiscloded plans it's invalid to criticize them for the current disclosed plan's failings. Why is it so difficult for you to understand this?

Keep digging......????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I think UK should run the country like Thailand does at least we have got cut in fuel prices. ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

I've provided 2 links already to educate you who the official opposition party are. It is currently the Labour party. There are no other parties in the opposition.

Here is a third. I advise you read it before replying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_Majesty's_Most_Loyal_Opposition_(United_Kingdom)

I know the difference between Official Opposition and those that comprise of an opposition to the tories. I have only referred to the latter. 

And to be honest I believe both defined groups are praying for a truss win. 

Now that you have been schooled shall we get back on topic?

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

So now you're an authority on Zombies in the Liz Truss for PM thread................Oh, well............????

I wasn't aware that someone had to be an authority on anything to post here. How exactly would one establish credentials given that we are all anonymous? But the subject of the thread is a candidate with a remarkable lack of affect.

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Johnson set an actual goal of 20,000.

Not 20,000+.

20,000 is not enough to make up for all the cops lost. What about that fact don't you understand?

The figures were that 20 000 Police jobs had been lost and that 20 000 Police jobs would be created . 

Yes, 20 000 isn't the exact figure , just a general rounding up/down to the nearest whole figure