5 people

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I agree.

Mostly crapola snake oil salesmen level fake psychologists 

Americana Repulsis.

You get your motivation mostly from how you were raised by your parents.

Yes and no

Positive thinking helps

Needa to be realistic

Lots of hype though

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You get your motivation mostly from how you were raised by your parents.

And therein: parents are too busy these days [probably 2-3 generations ago already] and so kids are raised by uncaring teachers in mass environments and learning from poorly socialized peer behavior... 

52 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Truth in what you say. You can become a bit safe in life and talking to those who are getting out and doing stuff can probably inspire. I like not to try if possible. It's a bit of a life philosophy. Just let life flow. 

Tony Robbins is a bit hypey for me but probably does well to inspire those who need it like salesman and those who just respond well to that stuff.

Similar to scam tv preachers. Like "some" politicians they get rich off the poorly educated.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Similar to scam tv preachers. Like "some" politicians they get rich off the poorly educated.

Not a scam. 

Eat well feel well

Hang out with bogans u become a bogan

Hang out with positive folks it rubs off

Free advice not a $5000 seminar

• Like 1

I only hang out with three people regularly. I'm so confused...

My social pals are just that. This might apply more to home country, long term friendships but here in Thailand it's just drivel.

Just now, BonMot said:

I only hang out with three people regularly. I'm so confused...

My social pals are just that. This might apply more to home country, long term friendships but here in Thailand it's just drivel.

What do those 3 do?

I hang out with a sharetrader and 2 drinkers

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What do those 3 do?

I hang out with a sharetrader and 2 drinkers

So, by this standard you're an alcoholic that likes to gamble.

What a gem.

Edited by BonMot

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think there's a bit of that but I'll give an example.

Taking on something new like a business franchise or starting property purchases, with the aim of getting rich, can be hard and daunting and risky and part of our nature can say 'Better not'. Some people who want to do that need hype, need someone who can tell them that life is about taking risks and they can become rich, etc. Some crash and burn but I've know people who have seemed over the top, with maybe an inspirational message taped to the wall,  but now own 20 properties. 

I am a bit of a slow and steady type and I see what he's saying as obvious, and almost embarrassing, and not worth the huge fees. But a government worker waiting for retirement in a few years is not the target audience. 

I used to see his ads on TV late at night after going out and they are as hypey as one might expect. . There's an example on youtube where people burnt there feet at one of his seminars walking on coals. It's supposed to show mind over matter. In fact if done right there is no risk of burning your feet but they got it wrong. Though it can all seem a fraud I have a bit of sympathy for those, who if  there trying to pick themselves up from something or have dreams of success that they see as  non negotiable, might feel they benefit from a mentor like him. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

I hope not = I hate those other 4.....????????

Jim Rohn was a required seminar in many Foutune 500 companies back in the day (mine included)....

Without Googling I think one series was Adventures in Achievement.....

Edited by pgrahmm

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

The guy who inspired Tony Robbins.

Same Tony Robbins that lectures on relationships and interpersonal behaviors, but couldn't keep his marriage together?

It would take me months to have 4 separate conversions (I talk to my wife every day) with 4 separate people that are actual conversations. By the time I accomplished this Herculean task, I would have completely forgotten about the first conversation.

To get anywhere near that huge number, I'd have to include conversations here (tragic? agreed!). I do chat with Sparktrader a little bit. He's a great guy. But so far, his influence on me remains elusive.

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 12:16 PM, Sparktrader said:

U cant be serious

Try google if u dont know

I just Googled both and I have no idea how I have managed to live without them for 78 years.

I am sure that for the remainder of my life I won't need them either.

For those who are not sure, my sarcasm mode is now back on standby.