What are your health rules you live by?

6 minutes ago, proton said:

So you argument is that there is no difference between mammals and plants? 

Have you ever tugged at the plant and found it is hanging on by the roots, resisting.

Ever tugged on a plant and ones hand slips and it makes that squealing noise.

Those are plants hanging on for dear life and feeling hurt.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Have you ever tugged at the plant and found it is hanging on by the roots, resisting.

Having a hard time figuring out if this is satire or not

• Like 1

Stay lean and fit. Get enough sleep. Avoid stress. Homo Sapiens is an omnivore, so, consume a balanced diet, and your body will figure out for itself what to do with the 'nutrition' you ingest. ????

(Oh... and be careful crossing the road ! ???? )

1 minute ago, grahamuk said:

Oh... and be careful crossing the road ! ???? )

This is number 1!

Amazing the things people are scared of and take precautions to prevent and then hop on a motorcycle without a helmet band zoom around.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2009 said:

This is number 1!

Amazing the things people are scared of and take precautions to prevent and then hop on a motorcycle without a helmet band zoom around.

a couple of times last week i walked and used the baht bus and i can tell you it felt more dangerous than riding a motorbike

• Like 1

consumed copious amounts of cannabis for 30 years is my secret. i still feel like im 20 too.

eat decent and have sex on the regular like a rock star. 

32 inch waist since i was a teen.  never spent a day in the hospital. stopped drinking 15 years ago and smoking 7 years ago. 

only drink water no other liquids really. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

My father had Prostate cancer so I try to ejaculate everyday.  It is very good for you.

https://www.healthwavetx.com/blog/the-health-benefits-of-ejaculation/

to maintain erection for long you need sildenafil, which likely prevents Alzhaimer.

But prostitutes don't live long and happy lives, might suffer emotionally, mentally and catching different diseases. Some of viruses and the other infections can lead to different cancers. 

So sex rather with regular partners, than just random

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Interesting study connecting mental illness with vegetarianism.

The study couldn't decide if the vegetarian lifestyle attracts the mentally ill or the vegetarian diet causes mental illness.

I used to cycle with a bunch of vegans, they were not only aggressive and violent but had to keep injecting themselves with vitamins in order to remain competitive.

Not my idea of healthy.

The BBC ran a story a few years back saying that vegetarians are a third less likely to go to hospital for any reason.

If you provide a link to your story I'll go find the article. I believe it studied something like 65,000 people.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The BBC ran a story a few years back saying that vegetarians are a third less likely to go to hospital for any reason.

If you provide a link to your story I'll go find the article. I believe it studied something like 65,000 people.

The Australian Heart Association recommends eating no red meat at all and limiting chicken in favour of fish.

Intermittent fasting brought the weight down to 95 from 117 (195cm)....We eat about 9:30am and 2pm....

The wife raises veggies & fruits in our small garden & makes sure I eat my "greens".

I bicycle about 5k in the evenings saying hi to the neighborhood puppy's & teach them a few tricks with doggie treats....

I bought a home gym and workout 6 days a week + a few light dumbbells - sometimes 2 a day = Sundays off....Nothing overly strenuous & reps of 40-60-100 go by quickly depending on which exercise.....At first I was using less reps with heavier weights but I didn't like stretching the machine cables too much....

Breakfast usually is the standard eggs, bacon, toast, veggies....

I make our bread & make our large pizzas 2x large baking sheets....

No smoking....Saturday nights we'll karaoke accompanied by some Rum & Coke....

Weeding sugar and coke Zero out of my life....Water works just fine....

I ride the bike rather than walk because for too many years or rigorous team sports (until 71) have worn the knees & hips to a frazzle.... I've done 1 hip replacement & really want to avoid doing the other hip & a knee....They don't bark unless I over stress them....The bike seems like the best alternative.....

Daily vitamins & that's about it.....

Not as much as some do, but more than others....

At 74 = still flexible & no real aches and pains.... Pulse rate at 58 which is unchanged over the years - I take that as a good sign = less wear & tear.....

I generally avoid most fried foods....

Edited by pgrahmm

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Given these misgivings w.r.to plants and animals, what do you eat?

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not exactly conclusive.

Conclusions

In Western cultures vegetarian diet is associated with an elevated risk of mental disorders. However, there was no evidence for a causal role of vegetarian diet in the etiology of mental disorders.

It also points out that 35% of Indians follow a vegetarian diet.

-----------

Ditching meat and fish in favour of a vegetarian diet can have a dramatic effect on the health of your heart, research suggests.

A study of 44,500 people in England and Scotland showed vegetarians were 32% less likely to die or need hospital treatment as a result of heart disease.

Differences in cholesterol levels, blood pressure and body weight are thought to be behind the health boost.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-21258509

The prevalence of type 2 diabetes is rising worldwide, especially in older adults. Diet and lifestyle, particularly plant-based diets, are effective tools for type 2 diabetes prevention and management. Plant-based diets are eating patterns that emphasize legumes, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds and discourage most or all animal products. Cohort studies strongly support the role of plant-based diets, and food and nutrient components of plant-based diets, in reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5466941/

Don't really have any, besides a wee bit of common sense & moderation.

Never smoked tobacco ... so that's easy.

Ganga ... will be once (1 doobie) a month

Sip alcohol on rare occasions, and rarely 1 L at any one sitting.

Most foods, dining in house, made from scratch, and minimal processed meats, along with moderation.

Multi & vit C to fill the gaps, w/ a wee bit of walking.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The prevalence of type 2 diabetes is rising worldwide, especially in older adults. Diet and lifestyle, particularly plant-based diets, are effective tools for type 2 diabetes prevention and management. Plant-based diets are eating patterns that emphasize legumes, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds and discourage most or all animal products. Cohort studies strongly support the role of plant-based diets, and food and nutrient components of plant-based diets, in reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5466941/

also known as carbs or starches, but the word carbs scares many people